unhooded kenny??

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

sonicath

unhooded kenny??

Postby sonicath » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

I just noticed that in the begin of the 1507 episode, kenny is unhooded .w.U... is the first time in the show, because when he was unhooded MnT didn't show kenny's face. What do you think about this? :unhoodedkenny:

is it a sign that the series will end soon? XD?
NeuroHeart

Re: unhooded kenny??

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm

No, you're thinking of Pee, where his face was always hidden from view in a few ridiculous ways, but he was shown fully unhooded in The Losing Edge, as well. And of course The Coon. I think there may be a couple other times, too, but Losing Edge for sure.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
ingleburt

Postby ingleburt » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Also, in the episode "Pee" Kenny is without his hood, but the only veiw is of the back of his head. When Kenny does move, his face is covered by Cartman and Jimmy.
Finally, I can say-
sonicath

Postby sonicath » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:52 am

yes, he is unhooded in some episodes but never showed his full face... like in the new episode you're getting old, in stan's birthday scene kenny IS unhooded showing his face pretty well
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:51 am

Okay, I will repeat myself: Kenny is shown, unhooded, full-faced, in both ''The Losing Edge'' and ''The Coon.''
The one single episode in which he's unhooded and his face is consistently blocked is ''Pee.''
Please don't make me repeat myself again. I don't tend to appreciate having to do so.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 am

NeuroHeart wrote:Okay, I will repeat myself; Kenny is shown, unhooded, full-faced, in both ''The Losing Edge'' and ''The Coon.''
The one single episode in which he's unhooded and his face is consistently blocked is ''Pee.''
Please don't make me repeat myself again. I don't tend to appreciate having to do so.

Incorrect.

Kenny's shown unhooded, but with his face blocked, in "Lice Capades", "The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000", and "Lil' Crime Stoppers".

While he does appear unhooded in "The Coon", his face is partially concealed by a mask. This is the same case with "Margaritaville" and "The Jeffersons", which is the only episode where he speaks comprehensibly in his normal voice without his hood on, except for one line in "The Coon". In "The Losing Edge", he didn't speak, but he still had a hat on. In "Super Best Friends", he's shown completely unhooded, but he's unrecognizeable since his hair is shaved off, and he's already dead.

Thus, there is no episode where his face is completely unrestricted and you can also hear him speak legibly. "You're Getting Old" is the first episode where you see both the side and front of his head [mostly] unrestricted, even though Clyde and Timmy are both partially blocking him.

But then, he does have a birthday hat on, if you consider that enough of a burden.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 am

His face isn't blocked by the mask at the end of ''The Coon,'' which is why I singled it out over the following season's trilogy (though I do consider Mysterion to be unhooded Kenny, for all intents and purposes.) And if a baseball hat is enough to not be full-faced unhooded-ness, then so is a party hat.
I singled out ''Pee'' because he spends the entire episode unhooded, but completely blocked. However, in ''The Losing Edge'' he spends the episode unhooded, playing baseball, and not blocked at all. This is a direct contrast, where in other episodes his hood might come off briefly, but the majority of the time it is on. (Hence my use of the term, "consistently blocked.")
It's silly to be freaking out about this, anyway. It is not the freakiest thing to happen in this episode.
Last edited by NeuroHeart on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 am

No, I'm not freaking out or anything. I don't care about the semantics of it all. I'm just saying what I know. There is no episode where we see Kenny, with his face completely unrestricted, and also hear him speak in his normal voice. I'm a Kenny[/Stan] fan, so I think it would be nice if it happened every once in a while.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:05 am

I didn't say you were freaking out, but it's silly for OP to be focused on it as a unique aspect of ''You're Getting Old'' because it isn't one.
The voice wasn't really mentioned before, but it is true he wears a mask of some kind when he talks. (Maybe he's just shy.)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:40 am

Looks like we're done here. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Character Discussion”