To All South Park Fans

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

cokboydeluxejr

To All South Park Fans

Postby cokboydeluxejr » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:17 am

Hello fellow South Park fans.
I do not visit this board very often and when I do it is usually to check a pop culture reference in an episode that I didn't recognize.
But lately I have been lurking the board a bit more frequently and I have noticed a dramatically increased posting of negativity towards Matt, Trey, and the South Park staff.
I know, I know, it's the internet, who gives a sh*t? I suppose I just can't understand why some of you get your feathers so ruffled if you don't get some of the jokes or don't enjoy a particular episode.

I think that if you have gone to the trouble of registering a user account on this message board, then you must be a fan of the show. So please try to be respectful. It is okay to express your dissatisfaction but to be so arrogantly cruel about it is not the proper way to air your grievances.

Now after all that negativity I would like to end with something positive. I think that this season of South Park has been the best since perhaps season 8. Every episode has been outstanding in my opinion. Things started a little slow with the reverse cowgirl episode but as soon as I saw Randy getting a ticket for not wearing his toilet seatbelt, the episode became a classic in my eyes. The home shopping network episode deserves an emmy in my book. The music in butterballs was perhaps the best since Issac hayes left the show. And the live action in the zip line episode was so unexpected and weird that I couldn't help but crack up. It has been many a year since they put live action stuff into the show so it was fun to see them re-visit that.

Anyway, This has been my favorite season ever and think Matt and Trey have really hit a groove. I can't wait to see the second half.
(ugly)Bob

Re: To All South Park Fans

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 am

I agree. Frankly the amount of uproar is jarring, reading arguments between the hard core fans and the anti-south park or X-fans. Frankly you are allowed to voice your opinion and flip off a few scenes in episodes but its not necessary to go to such lengths of erupting in some full blown war about how unbelievably boring it was and smacking down those who enjoy the show with drastically arrogant threats! I mean a bad episode or two cant really turn you away from the show... If you dont like it, please dont force others not to like it.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 am

I respect your opinion, but mind you I have the exact opposite opinion as you. I think it is the absolute worst season start I ever seen, and if I'm dissatisfied with the show on Wednesday then I am done with the new South Park, I'll stick to the old because I've been dissatisfied with the show for a bit too long and only so much patience I can take. I'd still be a fan and be on here, but the "episode discussions" will be a place where you will no longer see me post if a bad episode happens Wednesday.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Please remember that SP fans like to use the forum to openly express their opinions of characters, episodes, and try to predict what Trey and Matt are going to do next. I agree that it is good to try to be positive and respectful. That is what I do most of the time. However, during the first half of Season 15 many hardcore fans vented about the overall lameness of eps 15x01 thru 15x06. Then T&M cranked out 15x07 "You're Geting Old", one of my favorites of the past 5 years. Beyond that, 15B was exponentially better than 15A. To me, every episode of that run is EPIC and HILARIOUS, especially "Last of the Meheecans" and "The Poor Kid".
Of course, I feel this was because BOM was up and running on its own (SMASH HIT). Also, it makes me wonder if T&M take time to read these boards. 8)
Donegati

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Amen to the bro who created this post.
It's fine not to like some episode. Personally, there are quite a few that I didn't reeeally enjoy.
But unlike most people, I kept it to myself, thinking 'oh well, hope next week will be better!'. And it usually was! I didn't have this... idk, this need to come to SPS and complain of how bad the last episode sucked, how M&T are losing their ways and stuff like that. Because they're really not! They're just as good as always were, maybe even better (in my opinion).

My point is, there's no need to come here and disturb all the other fans with your revolt. I'm not saying that you can't tell us our opinion if it's negative. You can tell us what you didn't like about the episode, we can they you why we did like it, and we can discuss episodes, like decent respectfull people. A healthy conversation between people who have opposite points of view is always welcome. Just... don't riot all around the place because of something you didn't like.

Sure, you can do that. It's a free website, and you have the right to do that. But just because you CAN be annoying doesn't mean you SHOULD be.

(Personally, with the exception of Faith Hilling, I'm enjoying this season very much)
Signatures are gay.

Return to “Character Discussion”