The Official Butters Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:57 pm

bugzbunnie6 wrote: You could make a Kill Cartman Game where the player is Butters, and the coputer is Cartman, and Butters gets to kick the crap outta Cartman!

Sounds sweet. What about some sort of adventure game where Butters has to find his way home and he always has to make a choice for which path to take. Then, at the end, when Butters finds his way home, any random scene from the show will play.
*~wEndY's #1 FAn~*

Postby *~wEndY's #1 FAn~* » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:25 pm

SaddestSunflower wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:As members of the Chaos Posse, it is your duty to defend Butters in times of crisis. You are to stand against any and all forms of Butters torture, however minor or major. You don't want another incident like with the ninja star, do you? So then whenever a Butters episode airs, bitch about how there better not be any torture and whatnot, and if the episode does contain torture, bitch about how the torture is getting old and isn't funny. It should hopefully catch Matt and Trey's attention. Likely, you will receive opposition from people who hate Butters or who enjoy Butters torture. They will present you with arguments as to why Butters torture should not stop. You must be ready with a strong argument to use against theirs.

Think you can handle it? :)

No problem! Those bastards won't know what hit them! :wink:
Yeah, Right On
Wendy Rules!

jimmyhoffa1

Butters/Pip

Postby jimmyhoffa1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:27 pm

We met Butters in the form we know and love in 'Two Guys... in a Hot Tub' and he is introduced as 'melvin' with Pip.

They're both:
1. Blond
2. Naive and easily manipulated
He falls for the 'ro-sham-bo' thing, and he's victimised by Cartman, no less.
Also, we saw Butters as a sadistic bully with a love for duct tape in the home-school kids episode, in which Stan plays the 'I'll hit you if you don't say 'hit me'' trick on Pip.
3. Neither of them are referred to by their Christian names
4. Outsiders
the South and England respectively
5. Talk differently
like 4, but Butters stutters and has been known to say 'howdy' (nobody really says that, surely?) where Pip is just very 'English'
6. I forget this one
7. Beaten up by their parents
I think Pip gets beaten with a log
8. The only episode in which Pip does anything is the Dodgeball one, in which everyone tells him to shut up a lot. People say this to Butters alot
bugzbunnie6

Re: Butters/Pip

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 pm

[quote="jimmyhoffa1":00987]We met Butters in the form we know and love in 'Two Guys... in a Hot Tub' and he is introduced as 'melvin' with Pip.

They're both:
1. Blond
2. Naive and easily manipulated
He falls for the 'ro-sham-bo' thing, and he's victimised by Cartman, no less.
Also, we saw Butters as a sadistic bully with a love for duct tape in the home-school kids episode, in which Stan plays the 'I'll hit you if you don't say 'hit me'' trick on Pip.
3. Neither of them are referred to by their Christian names
4. Outsiders
the South and England respectively
5. Talk differently
like 4, but Butters stutters and has been known to say 'howdy' (nobody really says that, surely?) where Pip is just very 'English'
6. I forget this one
7. Beaten up by their parents
I think Pip gets beaten with a log
8. The only episode in which Pip does anything is the Dodgeball one, in which everyone tells him to shut up a lot. People say this to Butters alot[/quote:00987]
I always fall in love with the blond characters in South Park, I just don't know why... Kenny, Butters, Pip, Tweek. I don't know whats up with that, but I always end up liking them best (excluding Stan and Kyle, of course).
I *Heart* You.
jimmyhoffa1

Postby jimmyhoffa1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:39 pm

Last edited by jimmyhoffa1 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gayelord

Postby Gayelord » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:45 pm

seems to me the kids with the weakest characters are the most compelling and the most dangerous. the opposite holds well too. everybody knows cartman is a scaredy-cat.
*~wEndY's #1 FAn~*

Postby *~wEndY's #1 FAn~* » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Gayelord wrote:seems to me the kids with the weakest characters are the most compelling and the most dangerous. the opposite holds well too. everybody knows cartman is a scaredy-cat.
he hides his fears by calling ppl names
Wendy Rules!

jimmyhoffa1

Postby jimmyhoffa1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:46 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You're already talking about something else! Isn't one person even slightly impressed? Even a little? Also, does anyone really say 'Howdy'?
captain_mystery

Re: reply

Postby captain_mystery » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:38 pm

eric pedigo wrote:Yes, Princess Chaos you should bring back the "Save Butters" website, that would be very cool.Image

that was my idea
"I make little distinction between those who commit evil and those who stand by and do nothing."

-"White Wolf," David Gemmell
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:39 pm

I know people with accents who say 'Howdy' just to tease other people. I mean, no body really says that...

You know what? Actually people do. I'm sorry. Really, really country people.
jimmyhoffa1

Postby jimmyhoffa1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:20 am

I was not to welcome at the Kyle Klub for this, but have you ever noticed how Kyle is less cruel to butters than the others are. I mention this because there's a 'Butters' Future' poll, in which this is assumed but not discussed. I was going to write a brief list of examples, but apparently that doesn't get noticed...

Anwyay
Think 'Casa Bonita'
Also, in the ninja episode, Kyle resists (briefly) the idea of the passing off butters as a dog.

That being said, Kyle still crosses that fine line between 'fun' and 'criminally abusive behavior' every now and then
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:37 am

jimmyhoffa1 wrote:I was not to welcome at the Kyle Klub for this, but have you ever noticed how Kyle is less cruel to butters than the others are. I mention this because there's a 'Butters' Future' poll, in which this is assumed but not discussed. I was going to write a brief list of examples, but apparently that doesn't get noticed...

Sorry about that, but they're threatening to close us down.... We can't have any irrelevant posts made in the Klub.
I *Heart* You.
jimmyhoffa1

Postby jimmyhoffa1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:42 pm

The reason I mention the Pip/Butters continuum is because there was always a chance we would never have seen butters at all! Maybe Parker and Stone were always planning to include Eric Stough, but Pip could have taken its place. Think: would Pip have been good enough to fill Butters' (unborn) shoes?
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:30 pm

^ In seasons 1/2, Pip was like Butters is now....
I *Heart* You.
*~wEndY's #1 FAn~*

Postby *~wEndY's #1 FAn~* » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:39 pm

yeah that's why i think Pip has disappeared
Wendy Rules!

Return to “Character Discussion”