The Official Butters Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:51 am

Thank you, I didn't know that the Games section was a subforum in Hot Topics.
-----
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:32 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:It's funny how Cartman proclaim to hate Butters but at the same time mainly include him into schemes he takes a part of. Do you think Cartman treat him like that because he has sympathy for him or because he really like having Leopold Stotch around because of his immediate cooperation towards gullable & ignorant acts?

I think Cartman looks at Butters as his best friend deep inside because I believe he's secretly jealous of Stan & Kyle's friendship but sometimes I look at it as him running out of kids to raise mischieve with because they're use to Eric's retard ass ways by now so they tend to ignore him. Or maybe out of all the children, Butters just seem to have the most patience with Eric. Plus he rarely (pratically never) insults him so I guess that's why Cartman has a "small" appreciation for him.

Actually, to Cartman, Butters is more of an "easy target" than anything else towards his pranks and such. The gang will include Butters in their scheme, most likely because they know that Butters is the only one willingly enough to do it/get tricked into it via guilt or promises.

But I guess when Cartman is in serious danger or problems ((The Death of Eric Cartman)) and finds out Butters is the only one who can help him, he'll be nice and treat him as a friend. But once it's over, quickly go back to his old ways. Cartman is one for going back to old habits quickly at times.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:01 am

^Isn't that what Cartman used to do with Kenny? Like in "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime", Kenny was the one who helped Cartman almost escape to Mexico. I seem to remember that Kenny was a lot more gullible back then (like in "Jackovasaurs" when he almost gave his glove to Cartman so that Cartman could wipe his ass). I miss that.

No, but seriously, you're right. I doubt Cartman actually has very many feelings towards Butters (after all, it was he who got Butters beat by his parents, and into other trouble on multiple occasions).

Now, this has been something that I've wondered about for a long time: Do you think that if Butters had worn a hat, or had started wearing a hat when he entered the main group, he would have stayed? I mean, all of the main boys wear hats (or hood). Or do you think Tweek would have stayed if HE had a hat?
-----
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:23 pm

I don't really think wearing a hat really depends if a character stays in the group or appears more or not. I think it really depends on personality and how many ideas you can use that character in episodes and jokes.

Which was probably why M&T got rid of Kenny in the first place to use Butters and Tweek with. Then it was said they changed their minds and brought it back. But I dunno if they changed their minds or if he was brought back by popular demand, cause they don't seem like the kind of guys that'd alter their entire storyline just for "popular demand".

I dunno, IMO, Butters and Tweek seem better characters when it comes to variable jokes and episodes. (Who can't remember 'The Simpsons Already Did It'?)
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:59 am

I dunno, I think that they can pull off good jokes with any character, except for some jokes that will only work with a specific persona.

And about the hats... I was just saying that because everybody in the main group wears some type of head covering, perhaps Butters, if he had also worn a hat, would have continued to stay in the group.

And... that's interesting what you said, how Kenny was just killed off so that Butters and Tweek jokes could be made... because that gets me thinking. Usually, when M&T want to get rid of a character, they either kill him/her off or just don't give any explanation at all... I've never seen a character removed from the show by non-death means. Seriously, they are always killed or just forgotten. Never just move away or anything.
-----
NauaCaos

Postby NauaCaos » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:22 am

Cause of a hat? That sounds stupid.

Also, they didn't kill Kenny off for Butters & Tweak. The planned to kill Kyle off for an entire year, but then they decided to kill Kenny off instead.... I think that they just wanted to see how far the fans would let them go.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:43 am

^It's not stupid, it's a pattern. If Butters had a hat, he would fit in better with the other boys, and people who fit in are usually accepted into groups.

And you're implying that they just killed off Kenny to test their fanbase, which isn't true at all. It's pretty well-known that they wanted to possibly replace Kenny permenantly.
-----
NauaCaos

Postby NauaCaos » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:45 am

Aimsireil wrote:^It's not stupid, it's a pattern. If Butters had a hat, he would fit in better with the other boys, and people who fit in are usually accepted into groups.
It is simple math really:

Code: Select all

Butters with hat = Butters without hat.

He would have still have been the same kid that always complained about being grounded.

And you're implying that they just killed off Kenny to test their fanbase, which isn't true at all. It's pretty well-known that they wanted to possibly replace Kenny permenantly.
They pretty much did.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:13 am

^Yes, but he would have fit in with the rest of the boys. And what the heck kind of math equation is that? That is flawed math, man. That's like saying pink=red, you're forgetting the large factor of the equation.

And no, they didn't.
-----
NauaCaos

Postby NauaCaos » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 pm

Aimsireil wrote:^Yes, but he would have fit in with the rest of the boys. And what the heck kind of math equation is that? That is flawed math, man. That's like saying pink=red, you're forgetting the large factor of the equation.
They didn't kick him out because of a hat, it was because his personality bugged the hell out of them.

Aimsireil wrote:And no, they didn't.
Mabye not directly, but not he is just a blob of soggy piece of orange construction paper that never gets used.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 am

^True, but maybe with a hat, they would have liked him more. It's not that crazy of an idea.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the argument.

And will somebody post in the Tweek and Pip threads? They've become dormant.
-----
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 am

I notice a lot of people argueing over "emotional abuse" and "physical abuse" and should it be banned and bla bla bla..

A "toon" hello? If we start banning cartoons because they don't respect the "human rights" of cartoon characters... we're not only seriously breaching freedom of expression, but we're also being retarded as f*ck.

Cartoon characters are not real people -It's sad I have to actually spell this out for you guys- they don't have the same rights as real people and if we start giving them rights well.... that pretty much defeats the purpose of cartoons.

There is no way in Hell I believe Jared has Aids was banned for the abuse done to Butters. I have yet to see any evidence and as I have already said, a lot of abuse has already been done to Butters.

Butters= lame ass character if not for his abuse. Abuse him, molest him, kill him, f*ck him (yes it was 48 hours, go back and watch the episode again) burry him, drown him, burry him again, over feed him, kick him, chain him in the basement, make him wear balls on his chin, dress him like a girl, feed him vomit, paint his walls in sh*t...

We all know Butters likes it anyway. If he wasn't a happy little masochist he wouldn't devote his life to following Cartman around.

*yawns* And that's about that. End of story. Toons were made to be abused.
God, you all act as if you've never watched toons before. Ren and Stimpy, hell even the classics like Tom and Jerry, old Looney toons ect... had so much physical and emotional abuse done to the characters. OMG people, you're loosing touch with reality...

Human: Not okay to abuse.
Toon: Made to be abused.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
bobsmurgleburp

Postby bobsmurgleburp » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:42 am

butters rocks :D :)
chance
bobsmurgleburp

Postby bobsmurgleburp » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:43 am

Infusions wrote:I don't really think wearing a hat really depends if a character stays in the group or appears more or not. I think it really depends on personality and how many ideas you can use that character in episodes and jokes.

Which was probably why M&T got rid of Kenny in the first place to use Butters and Tweek with. Then it was said they changed their minds and brought it back. But I dunno if they changed their minds or if he wasdkjf;alskdjf;lkasjdf;lkajs;lkfdjkl;kfdjlkdajfkl;ajdf;lkjas;dlkfj;alskdjf;lkasjdf;kjas;kldfj;alksdjf;lkajsdf;lkjasd;klfjlaksdjflfucfuckfcuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfucjkdfj;alskdj;gkljha;lskijgf;aklsjdf;lkjsdffuck ou mother f*cker suck my ballzasdfj;alskdjf;lkajsfd;lkjas;dlkfja;skldjfas brought back by popular demand, cause they don't seem like the kind of guys that'd alter their entire storyline just for "popular demand".

I dunno, IMO, Butters and Tweek seem better characters when it comes to variable jokes and episodes. (Who can't remember 'The Simpsons Already Did It'?)
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:41 am

Jared Has Aides wasn't banned, that was just a dumb rumor that I admit too believing in.

The sad thing is that I really can't think of a good reply too what Rebecca said, but she's right. I guess when you love watching a paticular character so much(especially a realistic one in a realistic setting), You tend too imagine them as real people with the same rights(hence, threads for characters like this) and hope bad things don't happen too them.

The thing that really sucks about Butters is that he really is more of a joke then a character. I wouldn't go so bold as too call him "macochist", but he really is just a "Let's do all bad things too this guy and he won't realize" person. The thing is, Even though much of the characters have been given personalities and what not(Butters as well), He's not like Stan who learns from it and tries not too let it happen again. Even though he doesn't create trouble, He doesn't really try too stop it from following him, hence a joke.

On a whole, thats what really seperates the characters(and I'm more or less talking about the boys then everyone) from behaving like real humans. Take Cartman, he's the evil kid, but he always STAYS the evil kid. He doesn't mature and grow, it's like he's "programmed" too act he same way all the time and alot of the characters are like that. I guess you can easily call all that personalities, but maybe that's just my excuse for wanting more change then more of the same.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.

Return to “Character Discussion”