The Official Butters Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:16 pm

The site for the various chracter armies has been made. THERE IS NOTHING HERE YET. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO BUILD CRAP ON A WEBSITE, CONTACT SCHANTRAC.
http://wars_of_park.phpnet.us/
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KennyStanTweekFan

Postby KennyStanTweekFan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 pm

MissingOctober wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:The Apples Song - who doesn't love it? =P

I can relate to Butters in a lot of ways since he reminds me of myself when I was that age. I'm not like that anymore but it's cool seeing a character on one of my favorite shows that resembles my past self.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I see a lot of myself in Butters. I'm naive and try to see the good in everything a lot of the times. It's like, "What's the problem here? Relax, guy." I mean- !!Butters is so innocent and pure and nothing phases him and I love that.

I like your sig, MissingOctober.

Anyway, I guess I am kinda like Butters. I try to see the good in everything. But I'm not so naive and I'm not bought easily.
"Democrats never have any ideas, and republicans always have the stupid ideas" - Lewis Black
DerekRoyBSabres

Postby DerekRoyBSabres » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Does anybody no who i am?I am in the NHL..............
I am i the NHL.My name is Derek Roy.Everybody knows me,im on the Buffalo Sabres.
kimmyfouge6

Postby kimmyfouge6 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 am

DerekRoyBSabres wrote:Does anybody no who i am?I am in the NHL..............

I consider myself to be a pretty rabid Sabres fan, and know very well who Derek Roy is. But this thread is about Butters, not hockey.

If you want to talk about hockey (which I'd be happy to), please post something in the Off-Topic forum. Thanks. :)
Cold Machine

Postby Cold Machine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:28 am

...Why would someone come on here and pose as Derek Roy? The majority of Americans pay no attention to hockey. :?

But that's off-topic, so disregard.

On-topic: Butters, uhh, Butters...hmm, yeah. I think I just realized I hate Butters. He's just So. Damn. Annoying. It's kind of a mix of things. His excessive sweetness, singing - and yes, I know, he hasn't been doing a lot of that recently, the fact he's so gullible...pretty much everything about the character bugs me.

But I'm not here to anger all the Butters fans, so I'll be leaving.
"A minute's success pays the failure of years." - Robert Browning
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Cold Machine wrote:...Why would someone come on here and pose as Derek Roy? The majority of Americans pay no attention to hockey. :?

But that's off-topic, so disregard.

On-topic: Butters, uhh, Butters...hmm, yeah. I think I just realized I hate Butters. He's just So. Damn. Annoying. It's kind of a mix of things. His excessive sweetness, singing - and yes, I know, he hasn't been doing a lot of that recently, the fact he's so gullible...pretty much everything about the character bugs me.

But I'm not here to anger all the Butters fans, so I'll be leaving.

I'll spare you the roasting that any other would have gotten had they said that.
--------------------

Thrawny
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:55 am

butters very own ep was funny
Last edited by S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:46 pm

In "Marjorine", Butters said a very memorable line when he was crying in the bathroom.

"You don't know how hard it is to be me".

The question is, what exactly do you think he meant?

Was he just crying to pull at the girls heartstrings, so that he could get the fortune teller device? Was he just commenting on how hard it was for him to play a girl? Or do you think it came from much deeper in his heart? Was he telling someone he thought would finally listen to him how hard it is to be himself?

I'm writing a Butter fiction and this particular scene from the movie inspired me a bit. What do you think?
--------------------

Thrawny
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Hmm...Butters... He's like a completely opposite personality to me. While he's sweet, happy, innocent, and pure, most people brand me as a psychopathic freak. Most people think I'm evil or something, but I dunno...maybe it's because I'm into metal and punk rock? He's funny, though...especially when it shows how naive he is. That makes me laugh, especially when Fatass wants to make him do something stupid...

There's my humble two cents on Butters...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:56 pm

Butters evolved as a character from season 3 (After BLU) and so on. Season 6 was when he was introduced as one of the main characters during Kenny's departure and even after Kenny's return, he's still been a VERY important resident in South Park.

I think he should end season 11 with the most attention (bold statement). Even though I don't want him to officially be apart of the boys group of 4, I want him to remain as the consistent extra character but with more screen time.
KING_BUTTERS

Postby KING_BUTTERS » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:54 am

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Butters evolved as a character from season 3 (After BLU) and so on. Season 6 was when he was introduced as one of the main characters during Kenny's departure and even after Kenny's return, he's still been a VERY important resident in South Park.

I think he should end season 11 with the most attention (bold statement). Even though I don't want him to officially be apart of the boys group of 4, I want him to remain as the consistent extra character but with more screen time.

yh that would be kool but butters is never good enough for cartmen

Everyone knows its Butters,Thats me!
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm

I Think butters should get more air time as the guy is great you know when butters is there something funny is about to happen,
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
{}Butters{}

Postby {}Butters{} » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:51 am

I like Butters alot because he reminds me of myself when I his age and i'm not like that anymore but it's nice to see a character on my favorite show the reminds me of me at that age.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:43 am

{}Butters{} wrote:I like Butters alot because he reminds me of myself when I his age and i'm not like that anymore but it's nice to see a character on my favorite show the reminds me of me at that age.

I feel the same way.....only people tell me i still act like him :lol:
giulietta

Postby giulietta » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:10 am

Butters freaking Rocks!!! I love him he's freaking awesome!!!
Him and Cartman are my favorite charachters by far. I love how naive and stupid he is, he's just so great! If I were to be a character in south park I would be butter's sister, because he's so awesome!!!

loo loo loo I got some apples...

Return to “Character Discussion”