The Official Butters Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Bombajio

Postby Bombajio » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:35 pm

Yees! Looks pretty awesome in my opinion

http://images.oldglory.com/product/013403SPPTc.jpg

:chaos:
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Bombajio wrote:And Butters' parents.. Well.. Not the most normal persons around, if you ask me XD

"Butters can't come out and play, boys. He thinks it's funny to look like a jackass in his school pictures that I have to pay for!"

How come everyone thinks Butters's parents are so horrible. I mean, I felt sorry for him in that scene and I don't think he did anything wrong, but what about other episodes! In Freak Strikes he lied and went on Maury. In Marjorine he faked his own death. Lol. Any parent would be mad if their kid did that. They thought he was a demon spawn, and if you think your kid is dead and then all of a sudden he shows up, then that's a little freaky.

Butters's parents are funny. Crazy, but I can see why they've been strict with him.

"If you just come down you won't be grounded for more than a couple of weeks." Lol.
eric pedigo

Postby eric pedigo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:48 pm

Leopolds' parents are too strict, irrational, and they suck.
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 pm

That's why Butters is so funny and kind. His parents need to be strict at some points, but they do obviously care about him. They love him to bits.[/i]
SaddestSunflower

Postby SaddestSunflower » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:25 pm

I don't know, I think his parents are pretty awful. They seem to really love Butters in some episodes, but in others they display no real care for his well-being. I mean, they've grounded him for his bad school picture, for gaining weight, for running away from Paris Hilton after they sold him to her, for falsely confessing to the police after he was interrogated for hours and shot up with sodium pentathol, and for, what it seemed at the time, losing his mind (in The Death of Eric Cartman). Not to mention the numerous times Butters has professed that if he does 'insert thing here', he's gonna get grounded. He gets grounded for unreasonable offences.

Besides, any parent that would sell their child can in no way be described as 'good'. Not to mention that his father beats him and his mother tried to kill him. No, he wouldn't be so loveable if he didn't have such a terrible upbringing (not to mention the worst luck ever), but I wouldn't exactly give his parents kudos for a job well done. :roll:
Wasuki

Postby Wasuki » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:34 pm

I always XD when Butters always scolds himself.
RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005
captain_mystery

Postby captain_mystery » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:55 am

eric pedigo wrote:Leopolds' parents are too strict, irrational, and they suck.

and yet they do love him enough in "Marjorine" and "Future self and me"

they're complex and f*cked up..but I think they care deep down
"I make little distinction between those who commit evil and those who stand by and do nothing."

-"White Wolf," David Gemmell
Wasuki

Postby Wasuki » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 am

Heh, I'll think I'll join up, and fight "The good fight!" for Butters. :D
captain_mystery

Postby captain_mystery » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:47 am

yes! thanks for joining!

I'm CM and I er...rule this place sorta
"I make little distinction between those who commit evil and those who stand by and do nothing."

Princess_Chaos_358176
Official Defender of Butters

Postby Princess_Chaos_358176 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:59 am

Maybe Butters' parents really do love him, but they're not quiet right upstairs and don't know how to care for a child. I don't think they should be allowed to care for even a potted plant. I think Butters' parents try to make him "perfect," which is why they ground him for every little mistake he makes. They even threatened to ground him for having nightmares.

Just look at the episode Preschool. They locked Butters outside, and when he was screaming for help, what did his mom say? "I can't stand to hear him scream like that. I'm going upstairs." And what is his dad's lame excuse for why they didn't help him? "We were trying to read."

Butters definately does not have good parents. The only parents who could be considered worse than his are Kenny's, but at least Kenny's parents hit each other and not him. Butters parents deserve to wander around town with ninja stars in their eyes, and then Trent can give them Polish bike rides before they're sent to the mental institution for their "testing."
captain_mystery

Postby captain_mystery » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:01 am

they are pretty bad. I dont even see how they love each other...

Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:59 am

I just saw the ghost episode and Butters went out into the streets with just a hospital gown on, and his backside was exposed. Couldn't he have put on some pants at least. Then again it wouldn't be as funny.

I wonder how many other episodes does Butters' bare butt appear? We saw it in Proper Condom Use, and in the News episode were he runs around in the nude. Anywhere else?
Bombajio

Postby Bombajio » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:54 am

I'm not sure about the behind, but we can certainly see his youknowwhat in the "Casa Bonita" episode
Princess_Chaos_358176
Official Defender of Butters

Postby Princess_Chaos_358176 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:49 am

Let's see... there was Proper Condom Use, Quest for Ratings, AWESOM-O, The Death of Eric Cartman, and Erection Day. In AWESOM-O and The Death of Eric Cartman, Butters had something shoved into his butt, and although it wasn't shown, we know he got a Polish bike ride in Preschool.

Matt and Trey seem to have a obsession with Butters' butt and putting things in it. Must be because it's painful and humiliating.
Wasuki

Postby Wasuki » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:11 am

Why are they trying to make Butters look like a future fag? He's normal compared to all of South Park. :roll:

Return to “Character Discussion”