Character Concepts?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Longest Skies

Character Concepts?

Postby Longest Skies » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 am

Hey I am a sorta fan of South Park and I got to thinking... Why is there not really an Asain kid... like at all...

You have the City Wok guy and that is it. And as a half-Asain I am like "You are missing out on a lot of jokes."

So I used the nifty little Avatar Creator to make what I think the Asain Kid should look like
(The wooden sword I felt just fit)

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7aj2tu.png

Note: I changed it to just be a link because it was cropped poorly so you couldn't actually see him really.

"Hahahaha Asain kid has a wooden sword what is he gonna do?" Cartman

"Uh dude.." Kyle

"Naw man I wanna see the new kid kick Cartman's Ass" Stan

"You disrespect my famiry... On my honor I shall beat your punk ass.."
*Wooden sword does work because he has to learn Kendo while learning piano/violin while maintaining a 4.0*

Note: I think it would be best if what specific race he was is never revealed so he can do a lot of general generic "Asian" things making him even funnier.
Longest Skies

Re: Character Concepts?

Postby Longest Skies » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 am

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7bxbd4.png

Asian kid 2.0

My friend actually gave me the name. This is Wang.

Another friend says he looks like Kevin, which I can see.. So back to the drawing board in my own little corner of the forums, hahaha.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am

Michael the Goth Kid is 1/2 Asian.

Tuong Lu Kim is 100% crazy but 0% Asian.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:23 pm

If you want a show with an Asian kid, watch a show that takes place in a big city. You think there's very many, if any, Asians living in a rural Colorado community?

I was born, raised, and live in a metropolitan area that's 1/3 Asian. I've also lived in a Midwestern town with practically no Asians within a 30-mile radius. Do you actually wonder why?

I mean, surely I don't tune into a Zimbabwean television show and wonder where the hell the white people are.
Longest Skies

Postby Longest Skies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Niels0827 wrote:If you want a show with an Asian kid, watch a show that takes place in a big city. You think there's very many, if any, Asians living in a rural Colorado community?

I was born, raised, and live in a metropolitan area that's 1/3 Asian. I've also lived in a Midwestern town with practically no Asians within a 30-mile radius. Do you actually wonder why?

I mean, surely I don't tune into a Zimbabwean television show and wonder where the hell the white people are.

There aren't that many black people either. And that is funny you mention that. I would say because I myself am a half-Asian from a very small rural community so it does happen. Now I understand what you mean about how demographics are regionalized, but this is a television show. So we can suspend some disbelief for the sake of some humor.

Casual edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people_in_Zimbabwe

Now I know I am being a stickler for you naming a random african country, but this is really bad for me to say. If you have a local television stations still running in africa... I bet their is a decent white minority and or population.
Longest Skies

Postby Longest Skies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm

UhhIDontKnow wrote:Michael the Goth Kid is 1/2 Asian.

Hahahahaha Aye actually Tuong Lu Kim was how I was thinking he shows up, basically forced to like with his Uncle in the backwater town of South Park.

And is he (Michael)? Hard for me to tell hahaha
CuteChikorita

Postby CuteChikorita » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm

I thought it would be a bit cooler with a girl asian, like, a girl thats 1/4 asian, and that she know alot of launguches, which can lead to some funny conversationt if the main 4 tries to use her as a translator, I don't really think they "already" need a new character, but when they do, I think a character like this could lead to some funny moments :timmy:
Female345

Postby Female345 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 pm

For Asian kids there is:
The 6th grade leader (looks oriental)
The Chinese family that Butters and Cartman question in The China Syndrome had two kids
One or two of the member that served Stan in You Got F'd in the A were Asian
Not too sure about Micheal (the curly haired goth) because he doesn't look like he is half Asian.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Longest Skies wrote:

Hahahahaha Aye actually Tuong Lu Kim was how I was thinking he shows up, basically forced to like with his Uncle in the backwater town of South Park.

Yes to Michael - if you watch "Goth Kids 3 - Dawn of the Posers" his parents are included and his mom is Asian. So I guess she counts as well, although that was her only scene to date.
Longest Skies

Postby Longest Skies » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:40 pm

UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Longest Skies wrote:

Yes to Michael - if you watch "Goth Kids 3 - Dawn of the Posers" his parents are included and his mom is Asian. So I guess she counts as well, although that was her only scene to date.

Yeah I looked around for it. It is hard to tell if he just takes after his dad or that is his step mom.
Longest Skies

Postby Longest Skies » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Female345 wrote:For Asian kids there is:
The 6th grade leader (looks oriental)
The Chinese family that Butters and Cartman question in The China Syndrome had two kids
One or two of the member that served Stan in You Got F'd in the A were Asian
Not too sure about Micheal (the curly haired goth) because he doesn't look like he is half Asian.

Yeah I mean I guess that is the thing they are like Extras or below C-List, where they just are and you can change the race and it doesn't do anything for their character.

If those Chinese Kids showed up more that would be good enough for me. :D
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I like the character Michael and all of the Goth kids. I hope to see more of them in an episode of their own. I really liked Goth Kids 3 and it was my favorite of season 17. I noticed too that Michael had an Asian mother. I think it means that it is his step mother or that he was adopted. Michael doesn’t look Asian to me and I don’t think he is suppose to be half Asian also. But the mom being Asian leaves the door open for more things to follow. They could explore why Michael’s mother is Asian. I really knew only like one family that were biracial growing up and the kid took after his mom, so he looked Asian. He was a half Asian half white kid but looked very Asian and you would never have known he had a white dad. Michael doesn’t look Asian so I assume that his mom is his step mom or that he was adopted. I was thinking of having an Asian kid on South Park too as a good idea but after Nichole came on the show I thought they may not bring any new kids on. Nichole may be the last one. I would think they could just have had an Asian kid at the school and they just never showed he or she off before. American Dad has Toshi and I like his sister’s character Akiko also. They do fun comedy with that. Plus I notice like at least one Asian in every episode these days. Or native American or something like that. You would think it would be only a matter of time before Trey wanted an Asian kid for the show. I like the idea and would still like it if Michael is half Asian. I just thought if your mom is Asian that you look very Asian and even if your dad was white. I really want another Goth Kids episode so bring on the Asian.
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Character Discussion”