The New Kid may be appearing in the show!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

KeeperIXX

The New Kid may be appearing in the show!

Postby KeeperIXX » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Yep, believe it or not, I found a Podcast where Trey and Matt get interviewed by IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24/ ... -interview

In addition to providing a few more details about the upcoming Fractured But Whole game, Trey and Matt have said in the podcast that they're considering the idea of making the New Kid an official character in the show.

Yep, you heard right.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, not only would it mean that Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole will be official additions to the South Park canon, but I think there's a lot of potential in how they can portray the New Kid as a character.

Think about it, you got a quiet nine-year-old boy who, while arguably submissive to a fault, has gained huge in-universe popularity to the point of befriending the majority of the people of South Park and has an extraordinary talent for combat. Which may make him ideal for if Trey and Matt plan on adding a Parody Sue esique character to their stories.

And it's not like he hasn't got any clearly established relationships with certain canon characters, Stick of Truth has heavily established that New KID seems to consider Butters his best friend out of the 250 friends he's made, which can serve as a potential plot point, and if Cartman and Kyle's interactions with him are any indication, New Kid may find himself prone to being pulled in the middle of their arguments, essentially making Kyle and Cartman into being like divorced parents toward the New Kid, or something like that.

At least, that's how I imagine he'd turn out upon appearing in the show, but what do you guys think?
JamesPup

Re: The New Kid may be appearing in the show!

Postby JamesPup » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:38 am

If the New Kid is going to be in an episode what will the character look like? I mean everyone had a different looking New Kid in The Stick of Truth. This is the only problem I can see with this idea. Also maybe a new intro to this episode would be done that would show the creation of the New Kid character that would be used in that episode. It could be an early look at the character creator in the up in coming Fractured But Whole game or the one from The Stick of Truth or maybe the one that is with this site South Park Studios.
What seems to be the officer problem?
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Yep, they mentioned that they wanted to use the new kid on the show. I wonder if he'll talk..
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 pm

stevesut1 wrote:Yep, they mentioned that they wanted to use the new kid on the show. I wonder if he'll talk..
Unlikely, if the podcast is any indication, Trey and Matt seem to want to keep him quiet for the most part.

And if Stick of Truth is any indication, even if The New Kid is given some verbal dialogue, any moments of this would probably be few and far between.

Also, from what I saw in Stick of Truth, the only clear line of communication he really gives anyone (aside from handing letter) is during his idle animation where he texts with his phone, and even then, some dialogue from Butters implies that Butters may be the only person the New Kid does this with, and whether or not New Kid will eventually do this with anyone else remains to be seen.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Dovahkiin is not only a master of thundering farts. From what I gather, he is also trained in the art of telepathy. He can give orders without saying a word to either Butters, Kenny or anyone else accompanying him on his quest at the moment. Therefore communicating with others shouldn't be a problem for him. And if he actually develops the superpower of bending the space-time continuum with his farts, he will probably be able to send this scumbag PC Principal into oblivion. His existing powers are most likely not enough to make that happen.

South Park needs a hero who will breathe new life into it. The New Kid could very well be that hero. His thundering superfarts could provide a much-needed breath of fresh air. I wouldn't mind if he appeared on the show. I doubt he will, though.
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:33 pm

VACOOLA wrote:Dovahkiin is not only a master of thundering farts. From what I gather, he is also trained in the art of telepathy. He can give orders without saying a word to either Butters, Kenny or anyone else accompanying him on his quest at the moment. Therefore communicating with others shouldn't be a problem for him. And if he actually develops the superpower of bending the space-time continuum with his farts, he will probably be able to send this scumbag PC Principal into oblivion. His existing powers are most likely not enough to make that happen.

South Park needs a hero who will breathe new life into it. The New Kid could very well be that hero. His thundering superfarts could provide a much-needed breath of fresh air. I wouldn't mind if he appeared on the show. I doubt he will, though.
Well, I think whether the New Kid will be able to take on PC Principal may depend on the chronology of Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole.

I used to figure Stick of Truth took place after Season 17, but I turned out to be wrong for two reasons;

1) New Kid didn't appear at anytime in Season 18.

2) The podcast revealed that the upcoming Fractured But Whole will take place just a day after Stick of Truth, and Principal Victoria was still around during Stick of Truth.

If that means the two games take place before Season 18, it begs the question why no one has turned to the New Kid to help with the problems that have been going on from Season 18 onwards.

And if that means the events of the two games haven't happened yet in the show's storyline, it would have to mean the New Kid technically hasn't moved to South Park yet, and PC Principal's downfall is already a foregone conclusion, Principal Victoria will eventually get her job back, and all that might've even happened before the New Kid moved to South Park.

....I think I just blew my own mind.....

Return to “Character Discussion”