cartman is gay?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

farooq_asad13

cartman is gay?

Postby farooq_asad13 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 am

i figure the other times cartman did gay sh*t he was just going childhood, but the craig x tweet episode shows cartman jacking off to cupid cartman . is he going through puberty as a gay evil kid or something? thats kind of.. disturbing

sp's staff seems to be experimenting with south park a lot, could this be the last contract they sign with comedy central? or maybe they're making a new show?
kfgg

Re: cartman is gay?

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 am

They've all done some pretty gay things over the years. Stan & Kyle, Cartman, even Kenny. Cartman insists he's not. The others never said otherwise but are always assumed straight for one reason or the other. It's just a running thing with this show.

As for the show itself, it's going to continue thru 2019. You'll have a Season 23. There's plenty of time for them to figure out whether or not they'll go beyond that. They're not doing 2 runs (Spring, Fall) anymore. Just 1 fall run per year. That allows them to rest and spend time with their families and their own children. Trey has a young daughter who's a little over a year, and a stepson. Matt has several kids. It also allows them to work on other things (The video games, The Book Of Mormon, etc)
Stan and Kyle :)
stealthyalien

Postby stealthyalien » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Well, the fact that he's jacking off to an imaginary entity that's really his own personification makes me doubt whther he's trully gay or simple Cartman being Cartman. As in, he's really f*cking himself and enjoying it which seems incredibly narcissistic, so Cartman in a nutshell. Of course he could be both gay and a narcissist. :lol:

My guess is he'd be bi since he's shown interest in girls and even had a thing for Wendy at some point.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 am

I've been saying for years that for a supposedly straight character, an awful lot of gay stuff just seems to happen to Fatass.

And I'm not the first to imply that Cartman's ongoing "rivalry" with Kyle is in part, an overcompensation for his attraction to him.

You read it! You can't unread it!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 am

Eric is a perfectly normal 10 year old boy with an alien satellite dish hidden inside his rectum that makes him do lots of funny things, including but not limited to dancing, singing and fantasizing about his imaginary self ass raping his real self. But he is not gay! Not by a long (cum)shot. Yes, he did suck seamen out of a man's hose once. And yes, he did ingest large quantities of Butters' creamy goo (actually, they all did, but Cartman was the first one exposed to it). As a matter of fact, that substance has only given him an incredible gift of CUMpassion. Since the day he drank it he has beCUM more CUMpassionate and CUMpelling than all the other kids his age put together. Alien satellite dishes can make you do weird, unspeakable things, especially in CUMbination with certain quantities of creamy goo. Trust me on this one, I'm a spin doctor. And besides, if Fatty Doo Doo wasn't so CUMpelling, people wouldn't be inquiring about his sexuality in the first place, would they?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Back in 1998 Trey gave an interview saying he figured Stan would grow up gay. Since then, they all have done gay things. Cartman to get what he wants. Stan and Kyle, well I can go on and on about those two. It's not hard to find hints.

Kenny gave Howard Stern a hummer for money, and has cross dressed multiple times. If anything, I'm going to guess it's amusing to them at least, or works with the storyline.

As for Cartman, I still think both him and Wendy have a thing for each other. They seem to seek each other out specifically even if it's not for friendly reasons, that and Chef Goes Manners.
farooq_asad13

Postby farooq_asad13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:08 am

no one else was shocked or disturbed when they showed cartman jacking off? whats next, animated 4th graders having sex?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:19 am

:D I personally would love to see all the South Park girls having sex yet I think joking on them discovering themselves would have to happen first. Maybe there is some law against girls like that but it is ok to show Cartman jerking off or male character? I think Cartman's sexual aloft will now be developed because he has achieved nervana. There was that Paris Hilton episode and the girls filming them like they were having sex. I guess because South Park is a guys show that it is just sexy to have girl sex jokes which isn't comedy yet gays is comedy for guys. Still a girl episode about female mastubation would be great to me and girls figure out that stuff first anyways so the show is unrealistic.
What seems to be the officer problem?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 am

farooq_asad13 wrote:no one else was shocked or disturbed when they showed cartman jacking off? whats next, animated 4th graders having sex?
That's not the first time they showed a main character doing that. Go back a couple seasons and watch the end of the episode Butterballs.

Closest you'll get to the second one happened in Season 4. No that's not what they're doing but if you watch it in slow motion there's this one second where it sure looks like it. If people didn't know the context of this, they'd be thinking twice. Notice the VHS quality
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56AE0D99

Anyways, that's all I have to say about this for now.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 pm

It's been speculated for years that Cartman is gay and I've always opposed it because I find the stereotype of the aggressive macho man over-compensating for his sexuality is not only overplayed, but South Park already pretty much used it on Mr. Garrison in the early episodes -- why revisit it? If the show needs more LGBT characters, there are so many other avenues to explore.

All that said, I consider it and open and shut case, and I was wrong on this one. Cartman is at least a very confused little kid, if not canonically gay.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
leahabrown97

Postby leahabrown97 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:13 am

i totally think he is gay, he would deny how gay he was when no one would even imply him being gay, when i realized i was bi i realized i was looking at the girls in videos. cartman has a hard time with girls as it is but he would put butters penis in his mouth (odd how he was jacking off to his little gay cupid lol :shock: ) i think tweek and creig really flipped the switch on him and eachother, either way cartman is loveable gay strait or bi
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 am

I don't think Cartman is gay. I think Cartman will just do whatever he has to do to get what he wants. He wants something, he'll go through whatever to get it.

Plus he thinks he's hot sh*t, so he masturbates over an imaginary cupid version of himself on the crapper.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 am

kfgg wrote:I don't think Cartman is gay. I think Cartman will just do whatever he has to do to get what he wants. He wants something, he'll go through whatever to get it.

Plus he thinks he's hot sh*t, so he masturbates over an imaginary cupid version of himself on the crapper.
But what does he want?
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
blancowhite

Postby blancowhite » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:56 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 am
I've been saying for years that for a supposedly straight character, an awful lot of gay stuff just seems to happen to Fatass.

And I'm not the first to imply that Cartman's ongoing "rivalry" with Kyle is in part, an overcompensation for his attraction to him.
This is an extremely old post that I'm replying to, but I'll do it anyway. To use the argument of the "boy likes girl so he teases her" as reason to how Cartman could like Kyle makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Cartman is a sadist to the extreme- in the commentary for Imaginationland, Matt and Trey specifically state that what Cartman did was for humiliation only.
It's a reasonable claim to state that Cartman sees most people like tools or toys for him to use (maybe apart from his mother). He sees Kyle as a rival to play with; his reactions towards him are amusing, and provide an outlet from boredom (which sociopaths are prone to).
He is only civil towards him when attempting to achieve a goal (shown best with the Black Friday episodes, Cartman uses Kyle when it benefits him, and drops him as soon as he no longer proves to be.)

And by the logic of "boy teases girl because crush", then he would be crushing on Butters of all people, who he has more gay/teasing moments than anyone else on the show. The hatred Cartman harvests for Kyle is much too evident to be simply brushed off as a "crush".
blancowhite

Postby blancowhite » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 am

JVM wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 am
kfgg wrote:I don't think Cartman is gay. I think Cartman will just do whatever he has to do to get what he wants. He wants something, he'll go through whatever to get it.

But what does he want?
Pretty much whatever selfish goal he desires at the moment, or to simply get his sadistic pleasures out.

Return to “Character Discussion”