New Permanent South Park Chef Idea Submmition!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ttocst

New Permanent South Park Chef Idea Submmition!

Postby ttocst » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:55 pm

As someone else said, They will not take unsolicited ideas. What this means is you need an agent. And you need to write it out in script format. Then have your agent submit it to their people. Then and only then can it become a solicited piece legally acceptable by the team. However you may face another hurdle that is easily overcame… You need to joing the S.A.G. and or the S.W.G. (South Park had an episode where it was the F.A.G. Film actors guild instead of the screen actors guild. If you are not apart of those, most large agency wont take you seriously. Now I never meant to actually tell any of you any of this. But wanted to share a long term south park idea for the series. It would help revamp it as well. We all loved Chef and his whacky songs. It sucked he was a stubborn Scientologist fu*k and left the show. He can never truly be replaced. But have any of you ever heard of the Singing comedian named Stephen Lynch? Absolutely hilarious and inappropriate songs. Check out Lullaby, Kill a kitten, The Divorce Song and any other you want. The content of his songs is what makes me think he would be an amazing addition to South Park as the new Permanent school Chef.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: New Permanent South Park Chef Idea Submmition!

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:53 am

ttocst wrote:(South Park had an episode where it was the F.A.G. Film actors guild instead of the screen actors guild. If you are not apart of those, most large agency wont take you seriously. Now I never meant to actually tell any of you any of this. But wanted to share a long term south park idea for the series. It would help revamp it as well.
That was Team America: World Police, not the show. :lol:
ttocst wrote:We all loved Chef and his wacky songs. It sucked he was a stubborn Scientologist fu*k and left the show. He can never truly be replaced. But have any of you ever heard of the Singing comedian named Stephen Lynch? Absolutely hilarious and inappropriate songs. Check out Lullaby, Kill a kitten, The Divorce Song and any other you want. The content of his songs is what makes me think he would be an amazing addition to South Park as the new Permanent school Chef.
Surely Matt and Trey have heard of him, like many of us have. He and Matt were both born in '71. It's a wonder they didn't ask him to provide a voice in the 19 years the show has been around. Point is, they've had the opportunity, they didn't take it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Re: New Permanent South Park Chef Idea Submmition!

Postby JVM » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:59 am

I think it would be cool to see a new or existing character step into the role of School Chef on a permanent basis, or even the return of Mr. Derp in a speaking role. I don't think the character should inherit the singing ability of the late Chef though. Like PC Principal, the character should retain their own gags and style... but I think it would add a new spark to the show without seeming as forced as some other possibilities.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Character Discussion”