It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

FilipoSooa

It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:52 pm

The last time South Park had an episode revolving around Bebe, it was a Season 11 (2007) episode called The List, where Bebe falsified the girls' list where Bebe's corrupted list ranked Kyle as the ugliest boy in class, while being biased enough to vault Clyde at the top just so Bebe can get some free shoes. That's what caused Kyle to be forced to hang out with the Ugly Kids, and subsequently planning to burn down South Park Elementary School in the first place, and Stan + Wendy managed to talk Kyle out of arson, before Bebe descended into a villain by pulling a gun on Wendy. Wendy & Bebe fight before the police arrive, and Bebe pulled the trigger gun, inadvertently causing Kenny to be killed via gunshot wound to the back of the head as he was eating pop tarts for dinner with his family. Afterwards, the police arrest Bebe, and you see a few animations of her jumping up and down as she was being handcuffed. Apparently, Bebe's villainous role wrote her off the show, only to end up temporary as she reformed (having made up with Wendy as time went on) her seemingly broken friendship with Wendy by supporting her battle with Eric Cartman in Breast Cancer Show Ever.

Note: In The List, instead of an outright 1 on 1 fight between Wendy and Bebe on the rooftop of South Park Elementary School, Cartman and Butters should've appeared from out of nowhere, turning Wendy v. Bebe into a three-on-three between Stan/Kyle/Wendy against Bebe/Cartman/Butters, because we know how much Cartman has more disdain for Kyle. Plus, Cartman gloated about being more handsome than Kyle as stated on the girls' list, so he could've helped Bebe fend off Kyle and Wendy.

Anyway, moving on. That was the last time South Park had an episode focused on Bebe, as after Season 11, we haven't had a new episode centered around Bebe ever since. Although the only best chance for Bebe to be the main character would have to be the Breast Cancer Show Ever where she could've did a run-in spot on behalf of Wendy during the school fight between Wendy and Cartman, even though this was more of a Wendy/Cartman blood feud episode rather than Bebe herself; although Bebe's run-in could've sparked a run-in from Butters himself on Cartman's behalf, and it would've turned into a two-on-two school fight between Cartman/Butters v. Wendy/Bebe.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Re: It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Yes many characters in south park have just sort of dissapeard. Such as Pip and officer barbrady. I really miss officer barbrady the most, he was one of my favorite characters but they just seem to not include him anymore. Anyway not many episodes has been about the girls in the class and most of the girls we know almost nothing about. Maybe Matt and Trey can't relate to a girls childhood and has a problem writing about them? I don't know.
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
FilipoSooa

Re: It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:32 pm

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:Yes many characters in south park have just sort of dissapeard. Such as Pip and officer barbrady. I really miss officer barbrady the most, he was one of my favorite characters but they just seem to not include him anymore. Anyway not many episodes has been about the girls in the class and most of the girls we know almost nothing about. Maybe Matt and Trey can't relate to a girls childhood and has a problem writing about them? I don't know.
Anyway, Wendy does have a few occasional episodes about her from time to time, but Bebe hasn't had that much focus since The List, and I think it's likely because Token has surpassed Bebe as the central South Park Elementary's 1B other kid, with Butters having likewise long ago surpassed Wendy as the school's 1A other kid after The Boys (Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny).

As for the girls, most episodes about them usually are centered around Wendy and/or Bebe, and lately, Heidi Turner (normally a background character). Red and Annie are merely background characters imo.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:02 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:Yes many characters in south park have just sort of dissapeard. Such as Pip and officer barbrady. I really miss officer barbrady the most, he was one of my favorite characters but they just seem to not include him anymore. Anyway not many episodes has been about the girls in the class and most of the girls we know almost nothing about. Maybe Matt and Trey can't relate to a girls childhood and has a problem writing about them? I don't know.
Anyway, Wendy does have a few occasional episodes about her from time to time, but Bebe hasn't had that much focus since The List, and I think it's likely because Token has surpassed Bebe as the central South Park Elementary's 1B other kid, with Butters having likewise long ago surpassed Wendy as the school's 1A other kid after The Boys (Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny).

As for the girls, most episodes about them usually are centered around Wendy and/or Bebe, and lately, Heidi Turner (normally a background character). Red and Annie are merely background characters imo.

The newer seasons are ofcourse seasonal storys rather than episodical. Season 20 has mostly been about Cartman and Heidi, Kyles dad and Mr. Garrison aka douche. The season sort of follows a story now and it seems unlikely they will make a Bebe episode, where as in previous seasons any episode could be about anyone/anything, what the last episode was about usualy didn't matter. I would personaly like the next season to be like the seasons a few years ago where every episode has it's own story, and they could make more episodes about side characters in the show. And it doesn't need to be heavily linked with other episodes in the season. Bebe has become a side character maybe they will bring her back to the spotlight in the future? no one knows.
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

The newer seasons are ofcourse seasonal storys rather than episodical. Season 20 has mostly been about Cartman and Heidi, Kyles dad and Mr. Garrison aka douche. The season sort of follows a story now and it seems unlikely they will make a Bebe episode, where as in previous seasons any episode could be about anyone/anything, what the last episode was about usualy didn't matter. I would personaly like the next season to be like the seasons a few years ago where every episode has it's own story, and they could make more episodes about side characters in the show. And it doesn't need to be heavily linked with other episodes in the season. Bebe has become a side character maybe they will bring her back to the spotlight in the future? no one knows.
Well, now that Donald Trump has won the 2016 U.S. Election in real life, it made sense for Mr. Garrison to have the 2016 U.S. Election for the title reign of U.S. President in the bag for the South Park universe. In Garrison's first visit to South Park Elementary School for the first time since being fired for good, he had a standoff with PC Principal. BTW, yeah, we should see South Park going back to what it used to be known for. Not of the classic early seasons era with the classic toilet humor, but like how it used to be in the 2000s with the political satire and social commentary.

South Park is pretty much ultra ageless no matter what the critics and pundits don't like about the show. Unlike The Simpsons and Family Guy where both of these shows have gotten super stale and generic, South Park is more versatile and still is to this very day. Even a potential Seasons 21-40 could prove that South Park would still be awesome than the later years of Simpsons and Family Guy.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

Well, now that Donald Trump has won the 2016 U.S. Election in real life, it made sense for Mr. Garrison to have the 2016 U.S. Election for the title reign of U.S. President in the bag for the South Park universe. In Garrison's first visit to South Park Elementary School for the first time since being fired for good, he had a standoff with PC Principal. BTW, yeah, we should see South Park going back to what it used to be known for. Not of the classic early seasons era with the classic toilet humor, but like how it used to be in the 2000s with the political satire and social commentary.

South Park is pretty much ultra ageless no matter what the critics and pundits don't like about the show. Unlike The Simpsons and Family Guy where both of these shows have gotten super stale and generic, South Park is more versatile and still is to this very day. Even a potential Seasons 21-40 could prove that South Park would still be awesome than the later years of Simpsons and Family Guy.
The Simpsons is just completely unwatchable for me at this point. South Park is still my favorite show tough and I'm super excited to see every new episode. Alltough I don't think it's a good idea the way they make theese new seasons. It's more like one single long episode, it's like season 20 could actually be a new South Park movie. I much prefered having seperate episodes with ocassional trilogys etc. Also one thing I miss is seeing the boys together. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and maybe Butters doing stuff together. Getting crazy ideas and what not.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:

The Simpsons is just completely unwatchable for me at this point. South Park is still my favorite show tough and I'm super excited to see every new episode. Alltough I don't think it's a good idea the way they make theese new seasons. It's more like one single long episode, it's like season 20 could actually be a new South Park movie. I much prefered having seperate episodes with ocassional trilogys etc. Also one thing I miss is seeing the boys together. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and maybe Butters doing stuff together. Getting crazy ideas and what not.
I more than agree with you on this. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Butters used to dominate most of the show's episodes per season. Kyle used to be a generic carbon copy of Stan in the early seasons until around 2001/2002, while it was Wendy that used to be in the role of 'voice of reason', along with Chef, Big Gay Al and Liane Cartman as the show's only level-headed adults The Boys would go to for advice. Nowadays, they go to Randy Marsh, Sharon Marsh and Sheila Broflovski as the level-headed adults for help, and Kyle Broflovski is now the voice of reason to be someone besides a generic Stan clone, but with the Jewish characteristics in his bio.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:43 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

I more than agree with you on this. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Butters used to dominate most of the show's episodes per season. Kyle used to be a generic carbon copy of Stan in the early seasons until around 2001/2002, while it was Wendy that used to be in the role of 'voice of reason', along with Chef, Big Gay Al and Liane Cartman as the show's only level-headed adults The Boys would go to for advice. Nowadays, they go to Randy Marsh, Sharon Marsh and Sheila Broflovski as the level-headed adults for help, and Kyle Broflovski is now the voice of reason to be someone besides a generic Stan clone, but with the Jewish characteristics in his bio.
Yes since they felt Kyle was to similiar to Stan they intended to kill off Kyle and replace him with Butters in the episode Kenny dies. But they temporarily killed of Kenny instead. And Kyle has become his own character since and is sort of ''the smart kid'' in the gang and he has given speeches at the end of alot of episodes usualy starting with ''I learnt something today'' wich people now have goten so bored of they just make him shut up everytime xD
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:56 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
Yes since they felt Kyle was to similiar to Stan they intended to kill off Kyle and replace him with Butters in the episode Kenny dies. But they temporarily killed of Kenny instead. And Kyle has become his own character since and is sort of ''the smart kid'' in the gang and he has given speeches at the end of alot of episodes usualy starting with ''I learnt something today'' wich people now have goten so bored of they just make him shut up everytime xD
Based on your statement of how people are sick of Kyle saying "I learned something today". That was more of a Stan Marsh quote in the early days. I would've tolerated Kyle saying "I learned something today" if he was a bad guy and all, but unfortunately, Cartman has had the role taken, so Kyle was more of South Park's top protagonist in the 2000s to the early 2010s, whereas Stan was earmarked for the top protagonist role, even into the prototype short Christmas card films: Jesus vs. Frosty (1992) and Jesus vs Santa (1995).

I miss the days when someone (preferrably Wendy) besides Kyle was the child voice of reason. If Kyle was to go full-tilt as the voice of reason like how Wendy was, before Wendy got watered down to South Park's designated liberal feminist/activist who at her worst is full of envy, kind of like what The Simpsons and Al Jean are doing with Lisa Simpson, and just like how Seth MacFarlane and Family Guy are doing with Brian Griffin as the shows' respective designated 'Liberal Activist', then its safe to say that Kyle shouldn't even be in The Boys' gang anymore.

Much like an altered way of doing an intended Season 5-6 of The Boys' lineup composed of Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick and Butters Stotch with Kyle Broflovski being the voice of reason of the kids to go to for advice.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:08 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:
Based on your statement of how people are sick of Kyle saying "I learned something today". That was more of a Stan Marsh quote in the early days. I would've tolerated Kyle saying "I learned something today" if he was a bad guy and all, but unfortunately, Cartman has had the role taken, so Kyle was more of South Park's top protagonist in the 2000s to the early 2010s, whereas Stan was earmarked for the top protagonist role, even into the prototype short Christmas card films: Jesus vs. Frosty (1992) and Jesus vs Santa (1995).

I miss the days when someone besides Kyle was the child voice of reason. If Kyle was to go full-tilt as the voice of reason like how Wendy was, before Wendy got watered down to South Park's designated liberal feminist/activist who at her worst is full of envy, kind of like what The Simpsons and Al Jean are doing with Lisa Simpson, and just like how Seth MacFarlane and Family Guy are doing with Brian Griffin as the show's respective designated 'Liberal Activist', then its safe to say that Kyle shouldn't even be in The Boys anymore.

Much like an altered way of doing an intended Season 5-6 of The Boys' lineup composed of Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick and Butters Stotch with Kyle Broflovski being the voice of reason of the kids to go to for advice.
What I hope for is that they will bring back the boys doing stuff together with Kyle and that Kyle's personality stays the same it has been and he doesn't go full vocie of reason. Anyway I hope and think they will bring back Cartman. He is a friendly and loving person atm. (unless something happend I havent watched ep8 yet) I think something will happen to Cartman and he goes full Cartman evil mode. If he stays the same as he has been in season 20 over to the next season then I would be rather dissapointed.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:29 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:

I miss the days when someone besides Kyle was the child voice of reason. If Kyle was to go full-tilt as the voice of reason like how Wendy was, before Wendy got watered down to South Park's designated liberal feminist/activist who at her worst is full of envy, kind of like what The Simpsons and Al Jean are doing with Lisa Simpson, and just like how Seth MacFarlane and Family Guy are doing with Brian Griffin as the show's respective designated 'Liberal Activist', then its safe to say that Kyle shouldn't even be in The Boys anymore.

What I hope for is that they will bring back the boys doing stuff together with Kyle and that Kyle's personality stays the same it has been and he doesn't go full voice of reason. Anyway I hope and think they will bring back Cartman. He is a friendly and loving person atm. (unless something happend I havent watched ep8 yet) I think something will happen to Cartman and he goes full Cartman evil mode. If he stays the same as he has been in season 20 over to the next season then I would be rather dissapointed.
I agree with you on the basis that Cartman's being force fed as South Park's top protagonist, even though he is already such a big draw, big-time marquee character. South Park is just one of those shows that's not meant to focus on a top fully-fledged good guy as the big time draw, so Cartman would only be a top protagonist, just for being a big money draw character alone. Cartman's attitude and beliefs are not consistent with the Cartman many were accustomed to, whether Cartman was an easily manipulated spoiled brat from the early seasons namely the first four seasons, or whether he's a true chaotic menace of a tough boss from Season 5 (2001) onwards, up until Season 19/20.

The whole gender wars angle made no sense, only because it took away from the many more brand new adventures the boys could've potentially had as a team or a faction. It was slapped on as a way for South Park to tackle the Politically Correct era we used to live in, with PC Principal being the focal point in Season 19 as the show's top villain. Now he's just another background character and authority figurehead of South Park Elementary School who took over for Principal Victoria, and we don't see much of South Park Elementary School scenes these days, except for either PC Principal's office, the school hallways, the lunch cafeteria and/or the school assemblies.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:32 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

What I hope for is that they will bring back the boys doing stuff together with Kyle and that Kyle's personality stays the same it has been and he doesn't go full voice of reason. Anyway I hope and think they will bring back Cartman. He is a friendly and loving person atm. (unless something happend I havent watched ep8 yet) I think something will happen to Cartman and he goes full Cartman evil mode. If he stays the same as he has been in season 20 over to the next season then I would be rather dissapointed.
I agree with you on the basis that Cartman's being force fed as South Park's top protagonist, even though he is already such a big draw, big-time marquee character. South Park is just one of those shows that's not meant to focus on a top fully-fledged good guy as the big time draw, so Cartman would only be a top protagonist, just for being a big money draw character alone. Cartman's attitude and beliefs are not consistent with the Cartman many were accustomed to, whether Cartman was an easily manipulated spoiled brat from the early seasons namely the first four seasons, or whether he's a true chaotic menace of a tough boss from Season 5 (2001) onwards, up until Season 19/20.

The whole gender wars angle made no sense, only because it took away from the many more brand new adventures the boys could've potentially had as a team or a faction. It was slapped on as a way for South Park to tackle the Politically Correct era we used to live in, with PC Principal being the focal point in Season 19 as the show's top villain. Now he's just another background character and authority figurehead of South Park Elementary School who took over for Principal Victoria, and we don't see much of South Park Elementary School scenes these days, except for either PC Principal's office, the school hallways, the lunch cafeteria and/or the school assemblies.
Yes! that is what I really want to see. New adventures and stupid sh*t done by the boys. South park has always made fun of current events and trends. but there have also been thoose original storys wich isn't necesarly related to a current trend. Right now it feels like it's 90% making fun of current events and trends and they focus to little on the characters and story. Now I really like season 20, Skankhunt42, Denmark and trolltrace. But I feel like that could be maybe a trilogy and the rest of the episodes are seperate from that, tackling other things. becuse it feels like we are getting less content, we are getting one long story per season rather than 15.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:42 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:

Yes! that is what I really want to see. New adventures and stupid sh*t done by the boys. South park has always made fun of current events and trends. but there have also been thoose original storys wich isn't necesarly related to a current trend. Right now it feels like it's 90% making fun of current events and trends and they focus to little on the characters and story. Now I really like season 20, Skankhunt42, Denmark and trolltrace. But I feel like that could be maybe a trilogy and the rest of the episodes are seperate from that, tackling other things. becuse it feels like we are getting less content, we are getting one long story per season rather than 15.
It's like the whole plot's become a guessing game as to who is the specific antagonist of Season 20. Either it's Gerald Broflovski, Member Berries or Denmark (TrollTrace.com). And while part of the plot required Hillary to hand Gerald and the rest of his Internet troll buddies over to Denmark in return for Denmark not going through with the plan to start up TrollTrace.com to reveal everyone's entire Internet history, like what happened to Fort Collins, only this time is what may happen to South Park and everywhere else. TrollTrace.com is probably Denmark's way of revenge for Freja Ollegard's suicide via jumping off the building. I think somebody might've literally physically pushed Freja off, so Freja actually died of murder.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:21 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

It's like the whole plot's become a guessing game as to who is the specific antagonist of Season 20. Either it's Gerald Broflovski, Member Berries or Denmark (TrollTrace.com). And while part of the plot required Hillary to hand Gerald and the rest of his Internet troll buddies over to Denmark in return for Denmark not going through with the plan to start up TrollTrace.com to reveal everyone's entire Internet history, like what happened to Fort Collins, only this time is what may happen to South Park and everywhere else. TrollTrace.com is probably Denmark's way of revenge for Freja Ollegard's suicide via jumping off the building. I think somebody might've literally physically pushed Freja off, so Freja actually died of murder.
I never tought of that but that could totally be true, maybe Freja was murdered. And I was really surprised when I realised Gerald being sent as a spy was just a trick. I think it was a really good plotwist and I lost it when they got Rick rolled :D Also I agree with you on that it's a guessing game on who is the antagonist. Wich I feel is abit of a shame. There is so many other possible antagonists than Gerald Member Berries and Denmark in a season.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:41 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
I never tought of that but that could totally be true, maybe Freja was murdered. And I was really surprised when I realised Gerald being sent as a spy was just a trick. I think it was a really good plotwist and I lost it when they got Rick rolled :D Also I agree with you on that it's a guessing game on who is the antagonist. Wich I feel is abit of a shame. There is so many other possible antagonists than Gerald Member Berries and Denmark in a season.
Freja being pushed off the building (many assumed that Freja committed suicide, but she actually hesitated to go with it) indicated that some other guy who pushed her off just so he can go through with TrollTrace.com like he's planning to. Thankfully the gender wars angle is never happening, and the cameo appearances from Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby probably helped patch things up between the boys and girls at South Park Elementary School, especially Butters, who was the biggest jerk until Members Only (the latest episode of Season 20) when he had a change of heart, so now he joins Cartman + Heidi on the trip to Mars to escape social media when TrollTrace.com decides that South Park's entire Internet history and everywhere else around the world will have their's revealed too.

I'm thinking Bebe would've gotten her fair share of screen time as a major character if the gender wars angle happened to go full-tilt in a cold blood feud.

Return to “Character Discussion”