Important Stan and Wendy message to Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: Important Stan and Wendy message to Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Postby kfgg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 am

Nobody here (on this forum) is really in any contact with them or if they are, they're likely not in a position to tell them to address the Season 20 gender war, which overall will probably wind up being unique to Season 20 (Just a guess)

So it's really a wait and see. Always has been. You can trust me on this one. Even Matt & Trey usually don't know until they're working on an episode. They don't make these decisions long in advance.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:02 am

kfgg wrote:Nobody here (on this forum) is really in any contact with them or if they are, they're likely not in a position to tell them to address the Season 20 gender war, which overall will probably wind up being unique to Season 20 (Just a guess)

So it's really a wait and see. Always has been. You can trust me on this one. Even Matt & Trey usually don't know until they're working on an episode. They don't make these decisions long in advance.
My guess on the fate of the gender wars is based off my knowledge of what happened after the season finales of seasons 18 and 19 with Randy telling everyone he's Lorde and how Butters spent the second half of Season 19 wearing a headbrace. It should be pretty obvious that the gender wars were just an 1 season deal and Trey and Matt don't plan on expanding it. Did anyone forgot what Kyle said at the end of the Season 20 finale?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:27 am

"Maybe now boys and girls can learn to respect each other again."
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:19 am

JamesPolo wrote:Why hasn't Boogie posted to TheSouthParkers Instagram page in three weeks. I am sad and feel something has happened to their relationship either good or bad. Could there be another member coming or did they break up?
Maybe the Parkers and the Stones were getting ready for the premiere of The Book of Mormon down under
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 pm

kfgg wrote:"Maybe now boys and girls can learn to respect each other again."
Exactly!
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am

FilipoSooa wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:08 pm
School couples. It's all thanks to Bill Hader that every kid in school besides Stan and Wendy, is in couple relationships, due to South Park being a show for teenagers rather than the comedy show that used to be an Adults Only show not to be watched by teenagers from the earlier seasons.

Stan and Wendy are an exception because both of them were a long-term on and off couple, while nobody expected Cartman, Kyle and Kenny to have relationships, even if Kyle managed to have a very brief relationship with Bebe.
What about that home school girl Kyle fell in love with in Hooked on Monkey Fonics?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am
What about that home school girl Kyle fell in love with in Hooked on Monkey Fonics?
:lol: You ask this 18 years later? She's history, dude.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am
FilipoSooa wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:08 pm
School couples. It's all thanks to Bill Hader that every kid in school besides Stan and Wendy, is in couple relationships, due to South Park being a show for teenagers rather than the comedy show that used to be an Adults Only show not to be watched by teenagers from the earlier seasons.

Stan and Wendy are an exception because both of them were a long-term on and off couple, while nobody expected Cartman, Kyle and Kenny to have relationships, even if Kyle managed to have a very brief relationship with Bebe.
I think the name of the home school girl from "Hooked on Monkey Fonics" is Rebecca Cotswolds. But she was more of a one-time character who has long since been forgotten and isn't really noteworthy. Plus, remember the "Follow The Egg" episode regarding two classmates parenting an egg each. Bebe even alluded that she wished she was paired up with Kyle instead of being forced with Stan, but then again, it would've been too soon for Stan to be re-paired with Wendy, back when the creators didn't know where to go with Wendy's character trajectory since being merely Stan's love interest was done to death.

Bebe did take over as the main girl (the female Kenny in regards to being a more sexual situation character) from the 2002-2007 timeframe for the meantime though, while the creators figured out what to do with Wendy, and the feminism trait wasn't really seen enough prior to 2008. Eventually by 2008, the creators figured out that Wendy would be fresh as a big-time feminist/activist supporter hence her battles with Cartman, with three feud/battle encounters done over a span of three times in seven years from the 2008-2014 timeframe. The increased activism supporter did (on the other hand) make Wendy a more fleshed-out character.

Also in Follow That Egg, another past/present/future alluded relationship was Cartman w/Heidi. Unlike today, Heidi once hated him like most kids, until Season 20 changed her into a full-time lover for Cartman, which I think has to be the best organically developed relationship rather than being forced together from the get-go.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Season 21 either way when Matt & Trey are back in action later in the summer, one way or another, either way.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:55 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Also in Follow That Egg, another past/present/future alluded relationship was Cartman w/Heidi. Unlike today, Heidi once hated him like most kids, until Season 20 changed her into a full-time lover for Cartman, which I think has to be the best organically developed relationship rather than being forced together from the get-go.
That is one of the main reasons why I prefer Cartman & Heidi over Stan & Wendy but I still need to know if Stan and Wendy are back together yet because Fractured But Whole showed them as a couple and how Wendy is playing with the boys again even though we haven't seen the gender wars officially resolved yet in the show thanks to Donald Trump.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:28 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:55 pm
FilipoSooa wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm
That is one of the main reasons why I prefer Cartman & Heidi over Stan & Wendy but I still need to know if Stan and Wendy are back together yet because Fractured But Whole showed them as a couple and how Wendy is playing with the boys again even though we haven't seen the gender wars officially resolved yet in the show thanks to Donald Trump.
I don't know for sure if Fractured But Whole showed them as a reunited couple since the game is not fully released yet nor would the game be a direct link to Season 20 save for the Season 20 references in the game meaning that it's unknown if Stan and Wendy are ever getting back together again for how many times now. What I do know that I cannot deny how many times we see Stan and Wendy fall in love, get together and break-up to the point of the meaning I call "Rinse, Recycle and Repeat". It's 50-50 at best.

Wasn't the Internet reset to make the New Internet at the end of Season 20 the point where the Gender Wars officially ended and resolved anyway? Since Kyle was all vintage (aka Retro Kyle) for the end of the final episode for Season 20, giving a speech that signified that maybe now, the boys and girls could respect each other.

I think if Stan/Wendy do in fact get back together again in Season 21, I would enjoy them much more if both of them become the school's top two troublemakers, because now that Cartman is mellowed out with his relationship with Heidi, I think Stan and Wendy as the main troublemakers would make them more fresh. I don't think Cartman should be hated anymore. He should either be a Chaotic Good or a Neutral with Heidi, so that they can be mostly loners while helping out people like Kyle, Bebe, Token, Clyde, Craig, Tweek, Butters and Red from time to time.

A 'former friendship ends badly' angle could be just what Kyle needs. A Kyle and Bebe vs. Stan and Wendy feud could be awesome to see, only this time with Wendy as the villain (same with Stan) and Bebe as a hero.
Last edited by FilipoSooa on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Character Discussion”