Kenny and Karen

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Kenny and Karen

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:39 pm

I have a theory that Kenny's relationship with his little sister was strongly influenced by this short from Nickelodeon's "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" called Protecto 5000. Protecto 5000 is about a robot bodyguard named Kenny (voiced by Richard Moll) who protects a little girl named Nadya from harm. Both Karen and Nadya are both shy girls who have trouble fitting in, have barely any friends, get bullied, and are each protected by someone named Kenny. I should also point out that both Nadya and Karen have the same hair color. I know that Kenny's relationship with his sister is the proper way for a sibling to treat his or her little sister but. Even though Karen debuted in Best Friends Forever, the episode The Poor Kid did show off Kenny's bodyguard protection to his sister as well as the similarities to Protecto 5000. One interesting connection to South Park and Protecto 5000 is that Mary Kay Bergman (who originated the voices of several female characters in South Park) voiced one of the bullies picking on Nadya in Protecto 5000. Here's the short so you can see all the comparisons: https://youtu.be/JyaHHMMLmY0
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Re: Kenny and Karen

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:02 am

I feel your theory is kind of a stretch. I really only see the name "Kenny" as the same. It is a cute video though. It is stereotypical of a brother to stand up for his lil sister so I think if the robots name wasn't Kenny you wouldn't even have thought they were the same. Any time there is a older brother and younger sister in a show there will be eventually be a bro saves sis plot.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato

Return to “Character Discussion”