Why Heiman is beter than Stendy

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Why Heiman is beter than Stendy

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:54 am

The best thing about Heiman is that their relationship is more natural and relatable than Stendy. Cartman's positivity towards Heidi encouraged her to be smart and funny while Stan doesn't seem to show any support to what Wendy does. When I saw Heidi and Cartman wearing matching outfits, it reminded me of this couple I met at a movie theater back in September, they were wearing shirts with matching blue on them. I also believe that Heidi is smarter than Wendy. For example, Heidi did research of finding out who the troll was, while Wendy was too busy fighting in the gender wars. Heidi's emoji analysis is way more interesting than Wendy's feminism to be honest. I herd that great romantic relationships don't start out as love at first sight, they build up over time.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
kfgg

Re: Why Heiman is beter than Stendy

Postby kfgg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 pm

The whole Wendy thing has always seemed extremely forced to me. Gives me an impression that Stan feels like he HAS to be with her or else, whether or not he is happy.

Heidi, Eric, that is (or was) funny and believable at the same time.

That's really all I have on this one.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 am

Because the Heidi Turner/Eric Cartman love pairing had a much better organically gradual build-up development and wasn't totally shoved down our throats. Stan and Wendy were an obviously forced love pairing all the way from Season 1, so naturally it would've been boring. Plus, Wendy is basically Trey Parker & Matt Stone's designated feminist liberal voice box, much the same way Al Jean and Matt Groening handpick Lisa Simpson to be a designated liberal voice box.

If anything, I think South Park needs to do away with Stan+Wendy as a love relationship pairing permanently, because we all know Stan (like I said) is a Libertarian, while Wendy is a Liberal. Plus, their love relationship isn't what it used to be from Season 1 through Season 7's Raisins episode where Wendy broke up with Stan in favor of Token, only to leave Token as well, and Wendy was on the sidelines for a few years as far as character episode prominence went, because they tried Bebe as the main female girl for several seasons until The List, and by Season 12 (2008), Wendy was back in the limelight as the main girl. Nonetheless, Stan's never going to be a happy dude if his entire existence has to be tied to Wendy forever.

Now that Heidi Turner emerged from obscurity in a big way in Season 20 (2016), it's safe to say we should expect to see more of Heidi Turner as the show's main girl more so than Wendy again, regardless if South Park decides to abandon the whole serialized format in favor of going back to the old episodic episode-to-episode format. Either way, expect to see more of Heidi Turner/Eric Cartman. I think Stan should stay away from love relationships for a while, like he did from Raisins through The List, except he really truly needs to move on from Wendy. Kyle in my opinion really deserves a love relationship after all the turmoil his overprotective mother and arrogant lawyer father put him through. Maybe they could re-explore his old relationship from Season 2's Clubhouses when he was with Bebe for a short time. Even now, Kyle+Bebe would be much better and more organic than a Stan+Wendy love pairing would ever be.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 am

Wendy's too independent, while Stan is actually quite insecure.
it's a child's crush, and has lasted through the series, but does it actually have a future?
i think that depends on how they change growing up.
right now they're a couple, and i'm fine with that.
as for Heidi and Eric.. we're already seeing that one going down.
i don't think Cartman's mature enough to make a lasting relationship out of it.
(or maybe even sane enough??)
i'm not too hyped, either.

someone mentioned Kyle needing a girlfriend. definitely not Bebe!
i think if that were to happen, it should be someone warmhearted and smart.
Bebe comes off a bit too bossy for me. though Kyle's kinda independent, too.

they're all kinda young to be dating, no?
i don't think that everyone of the main four needs girlfriends..
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Stan and Wendy's relationship haven't been that emphasised in the show anyway.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Don't forget about when Kenny dated Tammy Warner.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm

But that was just for the one episode, right? Cartman and Heidi or... Heiman, is so far the most believable relationship any kid in this show has ever had. Well, maybe aside from Butters and that Canadian girl.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 am

I don't think Heiman is all that. Let's not forget that Cartman has been spending a lot of energies just to hide from Heidi a part of himself. He would even be willing to move to Mars to prevent Heidi from finding out who he "really" is.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 am

And how better to do that than to take her to Mars with him? :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 am

I personally believe Heiman still has far more potential than Stendy ever would. Stan+Wendy as a love couple seemed too forced from day one and love at first sight, whereas Cartman+Heidi was properly built-up to gradually lead them into eventually falling in love with one another as Season 20 rolled on. Now that's proper relationship development!

I still think Kyle needs a girlfriend though, coz he's the only one who has almost never had a girlfriend. And if Bebe's too bossy for Kyle, he still has the independence maturity to handle her. I think Bebe (deep down in her heart) still likes him to be honest. Plus, given that Stan and Kyle are friends, much the same way Wendy and Bebe are, I think it'd make sense for Kyle to be with Bebe because Stan's with Wendy.

Return to “Character Discussion”