Mrs. Zimmerman from World War Zimmerman

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Mrs. Zimmerman from World War Zimmerman

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 am

Is Mrs. Zimmerman based off George Zimmerman's real-life wife?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Re: Mrs. Zimmerman from World War Zimmerman

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:48 am

I totally forget about women in Zimmerman's life. I think he had a black girlfriend who had kids with someone that he helped raise for a while. Then he found a new girl who he was with when the shooting happened. I think after the trial Zimmerman broke up with that girlfriend and the police had been called about domestic disputes. I think he has had maybe two new girlfriends after the trial which involve more domestic disputes. Zimmerman has no kids also and as far as I know can't find work but did sell a painting he painted for like $100,000.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:47 am

JamesPolo wrote:I totally forget about women in Zimmerman's life. I think he had a black girlfriend who had kids with someone that he helped raise for a while. Then he found a new girl who he was with when the shooting happened. I think after the trial Zimmerman broke up with that girlfriend and the police had been called about domestic disputes. I think he has had maybe two new girlfriends after the trial which involve more domestic disputes. Zimmerman has no kids also and as far as I know can't find work but did sell a painting he painted for like $100,000.
Does she work at Kickstarter like the South Park version?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 am

Where the hell does the episode say that she had a Kickstarter page or worked for that site?

Oh wait... The woman in "Go Fund Yourself" has whiter skin than Mrs. Zimmerman does.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:43 am

Big-Will wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 am
Where the hell does the episode say that she had a Kickstarter page or worked for that site?

Oh wait... The woman in "Go Fund Yourself" has whiter skin than Mrs. Zimmerman does.
She does? That'd be an error on my part.

To answer the original question, no, she's a generic background character visible in a few episodes, I just used the name to make getting an image easier and didn't see it necessary to change it before. :P
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 am

There's more to this than just skin color. Check it out:
Reminds me of the three girls who all wore the same shirt with the alien head on it, the last one being Leslie Meyers. They each had their own hair color.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm

I see then. I'll alter the page sometime and move it to a more generic name. I've been trying to focus on beefing up main characters lately, instead of working on side character, but it's slowed down actual work being posted.
Reminds me of the three girls who all wore the same shirt with the alien head on it, the last one being Leslie Meyers. They each had their own hair color.
It's tricky sometimes, ala the Heidi/Marcy situation.

You separate too much, and the characters lack depth because they're all used one-time for a minute, but you compile all of that and find inconsistencies that break cohesion. I tend to like the sense of history a smaller grouping provides, even when there's a conflict, but I usually am aware that a lot of those connections are artificial.

Tthe Leslie situation was complicated by the fact one of her appearances ("Safe Space") used the same hairstyle as the other two girls, the rest of the season gave her a slightly different 'do, which had Jenny Simons' silhouette. The "Safe Space" image was the one passed around most, so the similarity was magnified a bit.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Character Discussion”