Tweek X Craig - Let's Settle This

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPolo

Re: Tweek X Craig - Let's Settle This

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm

As far as I remember Craig is not that much better at things than Tweek at things. Still there would be things that Tweet is better and more useful than Craig. That would be what to do, is make sure Tweek gets to be a useful character at times, which is the way people really are. If you know people, all of us are putting time into have an expertise. Trust me that Tweek is better and more dominant at certain things than Craig. Kyle is better than Stan at things. What Matt and Trey can do that would be reflective of reality is show you Kyle being the best at something and show Stan being a worthless member of the team. This is what is normal. I feel people are confused because the show hides that all the characters have skills and abilities that are better than the others. I think people may see being inferior as being gay which is not true. Just because we see Stan or Craig be a winner a lot and be skillful doesn't mean they are all the time and are the best on a team at everything. This show would not be realistic if that was the case. Trust me what would be normal for Stan is him being on teams where he is the worst on the team and he keeps playing. No one is always the best. This is just a TV show that is good at showing Stan as a winner, when if he was a real person, he would have things he sucks at. The show has humbled Stan and Craig but still they are too good at things. Stan is not really a normal character I would say as he is too talented to be real. Still I guess it is more of a joke when he is sought after for his abilities as it really is a fantasy joke as he is just as good as far as a small town kid goes. Its just playing on the dream Stan has of being a paid star when he would most likely be left an unknown. So what I'm getting at is we can put Stan in with people that will make him more of the follower and the same for Craig. We can put Kyle or Tweek in with people that makes them more of the leader. All of these characters lives would flow this way at times. Being gay is not if someone is not the leader that they are gay. Your not gay just because there are things in your life that you are not good at. Just because the show has some characters do things they are not good at doesn't mean they are gay.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Sun May 07, 2017 3:46 am

They should've brought Thomas back and make it a love triangle :D
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey, what Stan means about "Money-hungry prostitute" Craig? :lol:
\Scause for applause
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:40 am

Alex Shir wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm
Hey, what Stan means about "Money-hungry prostitute" Craig? :lol:
\Scause for applause
He just seemed mad and that was the first thing that came out of his mouth, but who knows, maybe he knows something we don't...
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 am

I maintain my previous position. Yaoi manga - the actual stuff, not SP fanfiction - commonly portrays male characters with a sexual attraction to each other while maintaining their straightness, so I see this aspect of the episode as playing off that trope.

Let's note something else - since the episode, no characters have made an explicit positive comment on Tweek and Craig's relationship, and they were even somewhat derided by Butters in "Weiners Out". They are under far less attention than they were in their debut episode, yet they have made no complaints about their status nor sought to break up. At the very least, they don't seem bothered by continuing the charade. They don't seem miserable.

Also note that Matt and Trey do go out of their way to clarify that Kyle and Cartman are not gay in the commentary for "Imaginationland: The Movie" - this is important for two reasons. Number one, it didn't stop any shipping, and number two, Matt and Trey were willing to speak up to clarify. They didn't do that here.

More importantly in my mind - whether or not these characters are wired to react to certain triggers to experience a certain kind of physical reaction, the only biological methodolgy, they are in a homosexual relationship, and that's all that should really matter.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 pm

As far as The Fractured But Whole is concerned, they're in opposing camps, but they're still "dating." Whether they're genuinely homosexual or still just playing the roles for the townsfolk (and the yaoi fangirls in particular) isn't that important, and probably wouldn't be until they reach puberty.

Of course, the yaoi fans will still ship them even if they turn out perfectly straight, since it's not reality that drives that fan base, but fantasy. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Character Discussion”