I wish Nathan would be more recurring

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Det. Sandy Vagina

I wish Nathan would be more recurring

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:14 pm

As seen in the end of season 19, Nathan now attends South Park Elementary. I don't recall if he's been seen there before, but he a really fun character and I've always kinda wished he would join the gang of all the other at-least-known kids like Craig, Clyde, Token, Tweek etc. Feels kind of like the same thing that happened to Jimmy, he was just gonna appear once but had some real "staying power". If he did stay as a regular, I wouldn't want Mimsy around though. :roll:
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
SouthAl93

Re: I wish Nathan would be more recurring

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Here are the Top 5 characters that I want to see become more recurring in South Park:
5. That boy with the blue jacket that is Annie Knitt's boyfriend
4. Nelly, she appeared more frequently in Season 20.
3. Jesus Christ, it's about time that he revives his talk show soon.
2.Heidi Turner's parents, now that Heidi Turner is a major recurring character in the show, maybe this means that we'll be seeing her parents more often, especially her father.
1. David Rodriguez
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:53 am

Why do you (and so many other people for some reason) want to see random and generic background characters become regulars? They have no personality, no character traits, no nothing.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:40 am

I like Nathan as a character. I think him being on every other season as a main character for an episode is fine. I guess they can try one Nathan episode a season but there are a lot of characters that can hold an episode. I'd like to see the Goth Kids get another shot.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:18 am

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:As seen in the end of season 19, Nathan now attends South Park Elementary. I don't recall if he's been seen there before, but he a really fun character and I've always kinda wished he would join the gang of all the other at-least-known kids like Craig, Clyde, Token, Tweek etc. Feels kind of like the same thing that happened to Jimmy, he was just gonna appear once but had some real "staying power". If he did stay as a regular, I wouldn't want Mimsy around though. :roll:
Nope. Before Season 19 he was a Special Olympics participant (Season 8's "Up The Down Steroid") and a Lake Tardicaca camper (Season 14's "Crippled Summer"). With the show entering its 3rd decade, having background characters move up to main status is going to be harder to do. But there's always the exception: PC Principal didn't exist until Season 19, and now he's been in Season 20 also. But where was Nathan in Season 20?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 am

I wish he would've been more recurring to begin with. Besides, making a character regular in season 5 is actually pretty weird too, since not every show lasts 20 years. Sure, you could say it's "too far in" now, but that didn't stop The Simpsons, and now that character has been around for 8 seasons.

Return to “Character Discussion”