Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Det. Sandy Vagina
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 am

Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:31 pm

In the shows universe, Jesus, all the other religious figures, Sea Man and Santa are actually real, so why are they in Imaginationland? I get that they're iconic imaginary characters and I guess Matt & Trey didn't want to leave them out of the story, but surely they must have realized this? I just rewatched the trilogy and it still annoys me.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18871
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Probably 'cause the characters in the show are imaginary too, so... they're real to each other, but not to the viewers. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 pm
Probably 'cause the characters in the show are imaginary too, so... they're real to each other, but not to the viewers. :)
But Jesus is real in real life you know and so are heaven and hell.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo
Posts: 1207
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 am

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:57 am

I believe in Jesus but I'm not sure he was that much of anything. He did help create a religion but I don't know if he had special powers. I believe in some of what is said that he did, like make statements that ended up true later. Still the idea that he could do magic, like turn water into wine, is stupid. I believe in a god and I like to at times pray to Jesus and god but I don't think of these religious characters or any others, in the ways completely that the religions state you should. I like the idea of the Big Bang Theory, oh and I really don't like the TV show. Still no one knows how to create life yet too but there is so much outer space and planets. I think there must have been some sort of god but this person may not look human.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Det. Sandy Vagina
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:55 am

It still doesn't make sense that Jesus has appeared dozens of times before and it's a well known fact (in South Park) that he's real, not imaginary.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18871
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 am
Big-Will wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 pm
Probably 'cause the characters in the show are imaginary too, so... they're real to each other, but not to the viewers. :)
But Jesus is real in real life you know and so are heaven and hell.
Atheists would flat out disagree with you on that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 2
Posts: 936
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Regarding some Imaginationland characters

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 am
Big-Will wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 pm
Probably 'cause the characters in the show are imaginary too, so... they're real to each other, but not to the viewers. :)
But Jesus is real in real life you know and so are heaven and hell.
Atheists would flat out disagree with you on that.
And Jews. As a Jew I believe that Jesus was a real individual in real life, but not the messiah nor the son of God. And as a Jew I don't believe in hell. There is no hell :)

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests