The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:29 am

crazyQH wrote:
Oneirogenic wrote:
I wanna see them more without their hats on too ^__^ I love Kyle's hair, it's gigantic. And Kenny would be a lot more flexible without his hood. Hmmm. Do they ever have Kyle's hair poking out from underneath his hat, like they do Stan's? D: I can't remember a time when I've seen it.

They did in "pre-school" when Kyle was a little kids, and in "cartoon wars" the corner of his hat was ripped and a little bit of his hair was hanging out, but I don't know if those really count. :? Other than that I don't think so.

I love Kyle's hair, I think that it is definately the most unique out of any of the characters. I wonder if Matt and Trey pictured Kyle's hair like that before they revealed it in the episode,"How to eat with your butt"

XD I just watched the commentary on that yesterday, and I don't think they really said if they planned it or not. They were just like, "BIG RED JEWFROW!!!"

I can imagine there was *some* thought put into it previously, but there's no way to know for sure except for asking them. :C
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:44 pm

crazyQH wrote:I love Kyle's hair, I think that it is definately the most unique out of any of the characters. I wonder if Matt and Trey pictured Kyle's hair like that before they revealed it in the episode,"How to eat with your butt"

I know where Kyle's hairstyle comes from. :wink:
Matt's character in "Cannibal! The Musical": almost the same hat, and the same hairstyle (revealed unexpectedly as well). So it turns out that that dumb guy is a sort of proto-Kyle. :P
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:43 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:;o; I NEED TO SEE THAT MOVIE SO BAD.

I wonder how could an American M&T-loving girl not see THIS. Even I, living on the other side of the Earth, managed to get it. :) So I hope it is available in Florida too.
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
kyle_vs_cartman

Postby kyle_vs_cartman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:34 pm

^That was acually the first thing that came to my mind when I watched 'Cannibal The Musical',that Humphrey is ALOT like Kyle.The hat,the hair,the voice even his persona reminded me of our favorite redhead.And the character in question was played by Matt,so what more do you need?anyways there are lots of other south park related thing in cannibal the musical,and they're not really that hard to notice.
"Open doors so I walk inside/close my eyes,find my place to hide/and the shake as I take it/let the show begin /open my eyes/just to hold them closed once again"
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:28 am

kyle_vs_cartman wrote:^That was acually the first thing that came to my mind when I watched 'Cannibal The Musical',that Humphrey is ALOT like Kyle.The hat,the hair,the voice even his persona reminded me of our favorite redhead.And the character in question was played by Matt,so what more do you need?anyways there are lots of other south park related thing in cannibal the musical,and they're not really that hard to notice.

Well, well, well. Look what the wind blew in. Glad to see you're posting again k_vs_c. I haven't seen you here in a LONG time.

To get back on topic - Kyle's hair is defiantely the most unique and it totally suits him in every way. I happen to think it makes him look very cute, but that's no surprise.
:lol:
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:47 am

After watching "Cartoon Wars" about 15 minutes ago, I was reminded how awesome Kyle is in that episode. I suppose some people get sick of his gay little speeches, but for me, that's one of his best qualities.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Um...hi Kyle fans. I don't really feel like I belong here for some reason, but since this is the Kyle Thread, I suppose it's the best place to talk about him, right?

(I'm going to write in green on this thread to represent Kyle)

Well...I'll start by saying Kyle is my second favorite character, but I also like Stan too. (Kenny is my first favorite character)

Kyle and Stan are tied as my second favorite character. I'm still debating on who I like more. It's a tough choice for me, so I'll have to get back to you all on that.

Anyway...back to Kyle. Let me just say that the first half of Season 10 has been pretty damn good for him. He had some really good moments. This season, I'll admit, made me like him a whole lot more. He has a lot of good qualities.

I'll post on here from time to time, because you all seem really nice and seem like you will accept anyone to join in a good Kyle Discussion, so I'm looking forward to talking to you all more often.

So, bye for now.

~DevilAngel16
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 pm

Welcome to the thread! Hope you have some fun, and just for the record, Kyle's better than Stan. :P
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:18 pm

Yes, welcome! And I ditto what T_C said, Kyle is better than Stan on so many levels and for so many reasons.

In speaking of Kyle, what would you rather see, deeper involvment in Kyle and Cartman's fights, or Kyle and Cartman teaming up? I still love Kyle and Cartman's disputes personally, Kyle has already been suckered into believing that Cartman has a little bit of a moral concious, only to be proved terribly wrong. I love that Kyle trys to see the good in people, even people like Cartman, despite the fact Cartman has not one drop of moral blood inside of his fat body.
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:30 pm

Why do you guys think Kyle's better than Stan on so many levels? Kyle's actually my least favorite of the main four.
ImageImageImage
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:39 pm

I would like to see Cartman and kyle actaully teaming up. That was something that I was actually excited about when Cartoon Wars was coming up, but of course we all know how that worked out.

I like Kyle better for a lot of reasons, all of which have been discussed many a time throughout the length of this thread. I'll sum it up for you though... He's sweet and sensitive, yet he can still kick ass. He has strong morals and always defends himself. He deals with a lot of opposition, but he's always the one that stands up to Cartman when someone has to. Plus he's got a great signing voice and awesome hair. His hat is totally bitching as well. Did I miss anything? Not to say that Stan's a bad character or anything, but I prefer Kyle.
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah, I know it's all preference, just wondering what they meant by "on so many levels." And Stan's almost exactly the same way, except he doesn't stand up to Cartman much like Kyle does.
ImageImageImage
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:21 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Did I miss anything?

Just a couple. He's also the smartest of the four, and he has a low tolerance for idiocy.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:32 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I would like to see Cartman and kyle actaully teaming up. That was something that I was actually excited about when Cartoon Wars was coming up, but of course we all know how that worked out.

I like Kyle better for a lot of reasons, all of which have been discussed many a time throughout the length of this thread. I'll sum it up for you though... He's sweet and sensitive, yet he can still kick ass. He has strong morals and always defends himself. He deals with a lot of opposition, but he's always the one that stands up to Cartman when someone has to. Plus he's got a great signing voice and awesome hair. His hat is totally bitching as well. Did I miss anything? Not to say that Stan's a bad character or anything, but I prefer Kyle.

Damn...I honestly think you just convinced me that Kyle is better than Stan. (But I still like Stan too.) I agree with all of those things you mentioned. He really does have a bitching hat, doesn't he? 8)

And I adore his singing voice. I loved when he sang "A Lonely Jew on Christmas" in Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo.

He should sing a new song in a future South Park episode. He hasn't sang in a while. Usually Cartman or Stan do most of the singing in new episodes.

By the way, thanks everyone for being so friendly. I had a feeling you all would be. You're all a nice bunch of people. :wink:
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:42 am

Hi DA16. Yes Kyle is defently better than Stan, that's why he's my second favorite. I would prefer him against chubby than teaming up on him because fat boy would just try to rip on him or kill him. . . and that's getting kinda old.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!

Return to “Character Discussion”