The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:10 am

"there's no Jews in San Fransisco, you retard." That was from the Mutant Stan episode from season 1. In season 10, he would live in San Fransisco for a brief time getting high and all smug.
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:48 am

Hello, Wishful_Thinking! It's great to have another Kyle fan posting here, you seem like a great new addition to the BBS! :D

Kyle said "R-tard" in the episode 'Free Hat', when the boys were arguing about the "cool island song"... Remember?
I *Heart* You.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:12 am

I think he says it in another ep as well, but dammit, I just can't remember! I'm thinking early on in the "Scott Tenorman" ep, but I'm not sure...
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:24 pm

Yeah, I think I remember now. I love that episode, "Free Hat", especially because when I first saw it I was doing a report on Steven Spielberg at the time, lol.
I hope no one minds me starting a new topic, but I was looking at the composite sketch of all the boys in "Free Willzyx" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SouthPark.PNG) and I know this sounds really weird, but I think that Kyle looks the most adorable there, lol. Is that just me?
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:19 pm

Yeah I noticed that too. I mean, none of the boys look all too great in that picture, but out of all of them Kyle definately looks the best. Maybe because later in that episode they do a close-up on him and not the other boys.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:57 pm

I mean, none of the boys look all too great in that picture
lol. Thus the comment from Kyle's mom "kind of a bad drawing, though"
D.D.Crazy

Postby D.D.Crazy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:22 pm

Yeah, they look so weird to me in that picture
Kenny's ayes are all wideset, makes him look kinda midless. Maybe all that dying is getting to him. :shock:
But Cartman... That makes me laugh so hard!
cheatmaster2

Postby cheatmaster2 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:39 pm

kyle is cool
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:23 pm

I think the drawing would be inacurate, meaning that's not what the boys would really look like. I bet it was just something that they put in to poke fun at the fanart that alot of people draw, since alot is realistic fanart. Afterall, Sheila said that it was a bad drawing. Eh, it's still a nice gag though.
all_on_black

Postby all_on_black » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah, I really don't think that the kids would look anything like that picture at all. Besides, thinking about them in a realistic light....it makes me shudder!

They're cartoons - looking at them differently will make me look at all cartoon realistically and at all people in a cartoon way.....the universe would be knocked onto its back....children would cry all the time and I would collapse to my kness, crying - "You bastards!! It was earth all along! You finally did it! You sons of bitches!"

Courtesy of Tweeks_Coffee!
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah, I knew that the drawings weren't really how they looked like. The comments about them, though, were hilarious.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:17 am

I prefer to leave the boys' appearance to my imagination. That drawing was a little funky anyway. Still a really funny part, it always slays me when M&T poke fun at the animation of the show. Did anyone else notice that Kyle had a Jew nose (no offense)? I think I mentioned that a while back, and come to think of it I'm just rambling.
froggymicwop

Postby froggymicwop » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:22 pm

i think they look adorable in the drawing. especially kenny. i don't think his eyes look wierd at all, he looks like he's smiling.

does anyone notice in the south park movie kyle is kind of a pussy? stan is basically in charge and kyle doesn't really do anything until the end. that kinda annoyed me because he's my favorite in the show and even in the first episode he totally kicks ass.

btw: kyle benoit- i like your sig. it's cute.
some people are like slinkies. they're not good for anything, but you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:54 pm

does anyone notice in the south park movie kyle is kind of a pussy? stan is basically in charge and kyle doesn't really do anything until the end. that kinda annoyed me because he's my favorite in the show and even in the first episode he totally kicks ass.

Well, he wasn't really a pussy, per se. But, yeah, I did feel as if Kyle's part in the movie wasn't
that significant, even though we learned that he has kick-ass hacking skills. :wink: Though, it annoys me when Stan is the focus of the episodes. In my opinion, Kyle, Cartman, and hell, even Kenny (in the NAMBLA episode), can carry the whole episode well. But Stan, well...he's not as entertaining to watch. Which kinda sucks because he's the altar ego of Trey, who practically writes the whole thing, and he's, like, the main character in many different episodes (especially in season 9).
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:56 pm

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Well, he wasn't really a pussy, per se. But, yeah, I did feel as if Kyle's part in the movie wasn't
that significant, even though we learned that he has kick-ass hacking skills. :wink: Though, it annoys me when Stan is the focus of the episodes. In my opinion, Kyle, Cartman, and hell, even Kenny (in the NAMBLA episode), can carry the whole episode well. But Stan, well...he's not as entertaining to watch. Which kinda sucks because he's the altar ego of Trey, who practically writes the whole thing, and he's, like, the main character in many different episodes (especially in season 9).

Yeah, but even when Kyle doesn't have the leading role, his role still typically contributes something to the plot. For example, like you said, in seasons like season 9, Kyle was definately lacking in roles where he was the main focus, but I still can't say I didn't like his parts. Just like "the loosing edge," "follow the egg" "TDBTDAT" "Trapped in the closet" "Wing" and others, those were in no means great Kyle episodes, yet he still had some sort of a role, and a pretty good one at that.

Return to “Character Discussion”