The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: The Second Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I don't know whether to be amused or utterly disturbed by the amount of people that actually want Kyle to suck Cartman's balls ;^_^

And once again, I'm irritated by those who act like Kyle's ALWAYS been "a self-righteous little sh*t" or "whiny nag" that 'deserves' to get taken down, or that he was 'always simply Cartman's foil'. Not referring to anyone in particular in this case, I see the mentality around a few places.

It's my opinion that he WASN'T ALWAYS like that. While the boys are still recognizable to an extent, they've changed since 1997. As this is a Kyle thread though, I won't go into Stan and Cartman's changes.

There was someone a few years back on the TVTome forum who said they felt like they wanted to jerk off to Kyle getting the crap beaten out of him in "South Park Is Gay" since he's always been the 'middle man' who ruined the other boys' fun. What. The. F***!? Okay, people like that...gah.

Of course, I'd be considered 'intolerant of others opinions' for griping about it, but honestly, guh.

Out of the other three boys besides Cartman (who's a very love-hate type of character), Kyle seems to be hated quite a bit in some places. And it seems a bunch of the haters seem to be newer fans, either that, or they've disregarded the first five seasons of South Park as being 'canon' and base their opinions off of the 'better' newer era episodes. There's people that slag off all the pre-2001 episodes as being 'garbage' and think that only the current events/political ones are relevant, along with the more recent-era characterizations of the boys.

I'll have to admit though, that recent-era Kyle is hard for me to like or 'root for' in some cases. But then, I find Cartman to be more of an annoying sod than actually funny lately, so I hope he winds up 'pwnt' somehow in any case.

I can understand why they'd do more Kyle vs. Cartman, as it's easy to carry an episode on. But I hope after this, we get a damn break.

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been SO bad if they killed off Kyle in season 5. Of course, I doubt it could've stuck for too long. And since Butters would've been his replacement, we probably would've had double the Butters and Cartman episodes (which there are enough of already too).

Kyle has been the foil for Cartman for so long that many newer fans can only remember that. I cut some of them slack as long as they don't disregard the early episodes; if they do, they are not fans of any character honestly and their opinions are voided.

One problem is that as Cartman has gotten bigger a character, Kyle has had to become almost useful purely when Cartman is the lead. It was very funny early on, but the second you can more or less tell the direction of the episode from the second you sense a Kyle v. Cartman, then it becomes a problem.

As for killing Kyle, it would have affected the show in many ways. The biggest change would have been in Stan, and that is almost soley why it is interesting. Fact is, Season Six is my favorite season because it's the only season where it had any kind of arc or serious continuity. Sadly, Kenny came back and is now a prop.
If you kill Kyle, well...he doesn't come back, and any change to Stan is stamped.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KyleFan!

Postby KyleFan! » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

They should definatly do some more episodes that focus on Kyle and not that feature Kyle alot but the episode involves Cartman.

I do think they are making Cartman the star of the show when they should be developing the other characters more with their own shows.

At the end of the day any episode with Kyle in has goto be better than him being dead. But I think we need some episodes without Cartman in and make Kyle the star of the show, or even some episodes with Kyle and Stan in and develop some storylines around their friendship (that doesnt have to be because Cartman is upto something).
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:19 pm

The website is very well done, good job. I wish I knew someone with the skills to make a Stan website, but sadly, no one has answered my call.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I agree with Shane, the fanclub looks adorable!
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:46 pm

candies wrote:What if Kyle wins....Or Cartman? I hope Kyle wins because I don't won't to see him sucking Cartman's balls...Disgusting. :parishilton:

I DO!

It's gonna be amazing I might watch it naked
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go

Postby 203177 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:29 pm

i agree, the site looks really cool.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:47 pm

I will update the first posts of these threads if anything new and interesting pops up. Just let me know, and read the OP (Original Post - that's the first post of the thread) for updates.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 pm

randyhart wrote:I might watch it naked

:lol:
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Everyone's opinions have been extremely interesting. Lots of you have made some valid points.

I agree to some degree that Kyle doesn't change much, character/growth wise. I am a fan of all four of the boys equally, but I also see the flaws in all four of them.

Kyle is the ethical/moral person of the group. He also argues/fights with Cartman because of principle. But Kyle is a huge cock blocker in the group. He seems so involved in political issues, but clueless when it comes to trends/pop culture. [Examples: Pokomon, metrosexual, etc.] Half the time Kyle wouldn't get owned from Cartman if he just ignored him in the first place. Kyle is a sterotypical jewish boy who's a huge mama's boy. But I love him because of it. He's the kind of kid who would be perfect to babysit Britney Spear's kids.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 am

Jello_Biafra wrote:He's the kind of kid who would be perfect to babysit Britney Spear's kids.

I'd think so, considering that he was a great babysitter for Blanket.

I've noticed that Kyle has a pretty big fanbase among female fans. It's something I've been wondering about for a while.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
Jello_Biafra wrote:He's the kind of kid who would be perfect to babysit Britney Spear's kids.

I've noticed that Kyle has a pretty big fanbase among female fans. It's something I've been wondering about for a while.

I think it's because us girls can almost relate to him in one way or another... As for me, I can relate to him for being completely out of the loop with trends and fads, getting ripped on for culture/religion, and being generally smart compared to others.

It's either that, or the hat/hair/cute-and-cuddly factor. That green hat caught my attention ever since 4th (?) grade the first time I ever saw South Park, and the first time I saw Kyle...I was like- Aww, look at the cute one with the green hat! His hair is poofy and makes people like me want to poke it...and he's generally sweet and adorable when he's passionate about something.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
candies

Postby candies » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:39 am

Kyle's green hat has got me the attention and voice.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:

I think it's because us girls can almost relate to him in one way or another... As for me, I can relate to him for being completely out of the loop with trends and fads, getting ripped on for culture/religion, and being generally smart compared to others.

Same here. I also feel like I relate with having a rather short temper, getting into arguements that sometimes turn violent, easily getting overly passionate about a cause, having a kickable Jewish Canadian little brother who is (rightfully) hailed as a genius, and having hair that refuses to obey me (which I hate!)

Damn we're similar. I'm just glad my mom's not a bitch ^^;

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:

It's either that, or the hat/hair/cute-and-cuddly factor. That green hat caught my attention ever since 4th (?) grade the first time I ever saw South Park, and the first time I saw Kyle...I was like- Aww, look at the cute one with the green hat! His hair is poofy and makes people like me want to poke it...and he's generally sweet and adorable when he's passionate about something.

^ ^;

That's how I feel. I'm a little out there when it comes to trends and fads, I am generally smarter than my peers, I deal with being made fun of for religion, (I'm Jewish, like him) and I have a slight anger problem. And his hat and hair make me giggle. I want to steal it.

So, generally, I agree. Most girls can relate to Kyle. That's why he has such a large girl fanbase. And it may help that he is caring and sensitive. Maybe guys just don't relate to him as well, or think he's a little wussy? I don't know. All I know is that whoever concluded that he truly has more girl fans than guys, was right.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Jello_Biafra wrote:Everyone's opinions have been extremely interesting. Lots of you have made some valid points.

I agree to some degree that Kyle doesn't change much, character/growth wise. I am a fan of all four of the boys equally, but I also see the flaws in all four of them.

Kyle is the ethical/moral person of the group. He also argues/fights with Cartman because of principle. But Kyle is a huge cock blocker in the group. He seems so involved in political issues, but clueless when it comes to trends/pop culture. [Examples: Pokomon, metrosexual, etc.] Half the time Kyle wouldn't get owned from Cartman if he just ignored him in the first place. Kyle is a sterotypical jewish boy who's a huge mama's boy. But I love him because of it. He's the kind of kid who would be perfect to babysit Britney Spear's kids.

Hehe, mama's boy. I love that about him. He seems like he would be an excellent father, he takes care of his brother, (even though he seems like he likes to kick him alot) and he was very good with Blanket. And him and Stan's egg. So Kyle seems like the Daddy type. I like that in men :D
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.

Return to “Character Discussion”