The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby James--76 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 pm

And even if he does... cartman will probably still pick on him for something

I doubt cartman & kyle would hang out much after they finish school.

thinking of that i wonder who kyle will stay in contact with later in life say late teens early 20s Stan Butters maybe.?
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Maybe he'll stay in contact with kenny, unlike his dad and kenny's dad?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Postby 203177 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 pm

He probably will, i don't see why? :wink:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Do you think... kyle will spend a substantial ammount of time online? In the terrence and phillip studios BBS maybe XD
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Postby 203177 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Hahaha who knows? :)

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:26 am

[Eternally unendingly long post ahead]

I wish I would know who to go to whine and moan about the lack of an oficial Kyle emoticon, but everything in this site is pretty confusing as to how it works and who is in charge and stuff like that.

So, I've finally come to resort to Image. Which is pretty cool, but it still doesn't take away the insult of no Kyle smilies in a goddamn official South Park site! :x

Anyways, enough bitching, I am here to discuss the uniqueness and extraordinarity of our very own jewish boy, Kyle Broflovski.

My all time favourite episodes with him is most probably are probably both Cartoon Wars I and II, this episodes definitely make my top 5 of favourites in South Park in general too, they are truly the kind of episodes i absolutely love in the show.

It was probably Kyle's best moment on the show too, he was beyond awesome on both episodes.

I love at first how Cartman makes him doubt his beliefs and opinions and get to the wrong conclussion because he actually cares, and Cartman, in his not as stupid mind as most people like to believe, knew this and used it to manipulate Kyle.
I thought it was great that they did that, Kyle doubting not through logic but through compassion, with that horrible dream he had and all, it shows how much he cares and that at the end he made the right decission being very aware of the danger and still choosing the right way.

I so loved the moment when Kyle finally realizes that Cartman was lying, when he softy says "You unbelievable son of a bitch" and "I cant believe I let you scare me into taking your side, you used fear to make me stop believing in free speech", and the chase of course was excellent, so funny how they make the patrol car crash :lol:

I loved the ending of the first part when it says "the battle between Good and Evil is finally waged" Kyle being the good and Cartman being the evil, lulz.

I loved it when Kyle gets to the truck stop and he finds everyone with their heads under the sand and he's like wtf?! XD

I loved the part right after Cartman convinces the Fox president to cancel the episode, he is all celebrating and you hear from behind the "CARTMAN!" he turns around and he sees Kyle glaring at him and hissing "You f*cking fatass!!!" its just perfect! :)
And of course the whole fight is awesome and hilarious heheh.

I loved Kyle's argument with the Fox president at the end, when he goes like "What manatees?!!!" lol thats so funny! and then when he says "You cant do what he wants just because he's the one threatening you with violence" very smart of him, his whole speech was excellent.

Another one that is pretty under-rated, or at least under-commented, but I thought was awesome is Cartman's Incredible Gift.

I really really loved this episode, it's one of my favourites and i think Kyle is really funny on this one.

The first part when Cartman is trying to fly and Kyle goes shouting "Do it! Do it! Dont listen to them! I'm sure it'll work! Yaaay Cartman! Fly fly fly!" LOL
I love it specially because the other boys are all like "I wouldnt if I were you" or "Those wings dont look very strong" like they doubt it will work but they aren't completely sure, and Kyle of course knows that it's the stupidest thing ever so he encourages him :lol:

Then I liked it when Kyle solves the crime all by himself, then goes like "Why wont anybody listen to me?" and finally figures out that to be listened he has to be just as stupid as Cartman lol! And actually jumps off the roof too! That was so brilliant!!

And of course the end when Cartman and the psychics are battling again and Kyle screams "STOP IIIIT!", breaks the light and the shelf, everyone turns to stare at him and he says "There's a logical explanation for that", PERFECT ENDING!! :D Image

What i also love of this episode is that is one of those episodes where Kyle is the only one that really knows whats going on or what is going to happen and none of the adults pay him any attention cause he's just a kid, like the deal could have been solved ages ago, but because he is underestimated due to his age, he has to make a really big effort to save the day.

Something like that happens for example in episodes like The Snuke, Le Petite Tourette, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy or Something Wall-mart This Way Comes and I kind of like it how they show that being smart enough to just solve the thing or realize whats going on is not enough because the rest of the people are too stupid to listen to what he has to say. I like it how he has to really effort himself, this is another one of those things that kind of make me feel that he is really growing into an awesome guy, I love that.

Ok, enough ass licking :P

The episode Toilet Paper was very interesting for me. Kyle got waaayyy too guilty for a really dumb matter really (which is funny, since in other episodes, such as the Trent Boyet one, he didn't show much guilt or remorse). TPing a house is not that much guilt worthy, like the father of the house that was TPed said it's just a silly thing that kids do not that big a deal, but I could see a kid with his morals and tendency to look out for the good could feel guilty about it, there are times when you are a kid where you think something you did wrong is worse than it actually is.

The thing is, it's not really a bad thing that Kyle felt that guilty, it goes to show how much of a conscience he can have. What he did or rather thought wrong is different. It is my belief that if he was feeling that guilty over the matter, he should have just gone and confessed but on his very own, when you do things like that under NO circunstances do you rat out your friends. I doubt that he would have gotten into more trouble on his own than he did with the other. After Butters "confessed" (XD) yeah, they pretty much had to tell the truth, but before then it was unnecessary and if Kyle was feeling guilty he should have admitted to it on his own.

But what was even worse was the part where they were waiting for Mr Mackey to call them and he went like "I can get a better deal?" by rating out his friends, that is such a douchie attitude I pretty dissapointed when I heard him saying that. But at last it all ended how it should, Cartman screwing them up rather than Kyle, I was actually happy at Cartman's douchieness for once :lol:

He also pretty much failed on Stan in the episode Douche and Turd and on Kenny in the episode Chickenpox saying he didnt give a rats ass about him (even though I doubt he mean it, judging by the episode Kenny Dies). But in return, both Kenny and Stan failed on him in South Park is Gay, so I guess it's not really that bad.

Then we have the kind of episodes where he seems to get pretty insane.

Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo is one of the closest ones to being a Kyle episode (still dont think is quite there though). The rejection he recieved by his classmates due to his jewish beliefs and the fact that he doesn't celebrate Christmas combined with no one believing him when he insisted about Mr Hankey, and the last stroke of being locked up in a mental institution drove him to what seems to be the edge. He wasn't mental like the others thought but there was a bit there of him that did go crazy for a moment.

About this episode, does anyone else finds it ironic that Kyle was pretty much rejected and left out becasue he doesn't celebrate Christmas, and the solution that Matt and Trey came up with is inventing a Christmas Poo? Because I was under the impression that Kyle still didn't believe in Christmas, so why would Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo appeared to Kyle who doesn't even have that celebration and doesn't believe in it?

Another episode on Kyle's insanity is The List of course. Poor Kyle got chosen last on the list! No wonder he got so terribly sad, even when he himslef had stated that girls opinions on all the boys should be irrelevant. Wise words, but no one could ever be unaffected when confronted with such a situation at the age of 9. So, once again, rejection drove him to the edge and he tried to burn down the school. LOL I thought that was pretty funny alright.

So even though Kyle relies a lot on logic, he has lost himself to emotions, to the point of near insanity.

Another big side of Kyle is his strong morality and compassion. Even when being such a logical person Kyle seems to be pretty in touch with his emotions.

A good episode to examplify this is The Night of the Living Homeless. Kyle is very concerned about the homeless situation and wants to do somehting about it, too bad that this intention was misinterpretated by the other boys XD
He tries to help out the homeless guy by giving up his precious savings, 20 bucks, which is a lot at that age, too bad this reaction is met by an unecpectedly bad retort XD
It shows compassionate that is not that usual for a 9 year old.

A great episode with this side of Kyle is The Jeffersons. Kyle sees what the other boys pretty much failed to see until later. He meets poor Blanket in his terrible loneliness and tries to help him out. I'm guessing this reaction comes about mostly because he has already another little kid in his life who he usually has to look out for, his dear brother Ike. He shows love and care to little Blanket and it is recieved with extreme eagerness and a bit of disbelief that makes him even more determined to look out for him. He disaproved, like an adult would, of Mr Jeffersons' behaviour, and ended up with an incredible speech.
Definitely speaks of a maturity beyond his years.

Then there is his smart and nerdish self.
In the episode Elementary School Musical he sings "Some kids think I'm strange cause I like studying for an exam, but I don't let that bother me because it's who I am". Heh he is cool alright, but a nerd to heart :P

He has made speeches that impress with their intelligence, such as the one he utters in The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000, showing a unique understanding of philosophy to such a young mind.
Then there is the famous Marklar speech in the episode Starvin' Marvin In Space. I think that, given some time, any of the other boys could have figured it out and replace all things with marklar, what impresses here is the speed with which Kyle managed to figure it out and accomodate his speech.
Lastly, there is the speech he made at the end of Canada on Strike about the profit that could not yet be made by YouTube videos.
Personally, I had to hear each of this speeches like 5 times before they made any sense XD

Then there are the aforementioned episodes Cartman's Incredible Gift, The Snuke, Le Petit Tourette and Something Wall-mart This Way Comes, where he either solves the mistery, knows what needs to be done before anyone else understands it or can see something that the others dont. He is a smart kid alright.

Then there is of course, the famous joo temper :)
This one is definitely fierce, but Kyle is usually a good natured boy, and his anger usually only shows it's face when fatass is involved. Such a loose temper has lead him to complicated situations or to come to the wrong conclussion about certain matters.

I really like how this shows in the episode Best Friends Forever. Cartman wants Kenny dead so he can get his thingy (doesn't remember the name of the game XD) and Kyle percieves this evil intentions instantly. This act of selfishness makes Kyle predictably enraged and therefore he hurries in choosing what are his opinions on the matter, he recognises Cartman's douchieness so he instantly picks the opposite side, without giving a full thought to such a conflictive matter as euthanasia, consequently resulting in him later regretting his previous descicion.

Other good example is the many bets he has taken on with Cartman. He made three of them as far as I remember and won none XD
First there was the one in Red Hot Catholic Love, in which Kyle understands the key to ruin Cartman's pleasure at beating him when he looses the bet, by just acting maturely about it and accept defeat humbly (weirdly enough, he never again applies this smart tactic)
Then there is the one in Christian Rock Hard, which Kyle doesn't win but neither does he loose.
And last, but most certainly not least, the one done in Imaginationland which really screwed him up lol
It's pretty funny that the two bets he lost are because of things that are impossible IRL, but this is South Park we are talking about, there are no rules :P

Ok, I'm getting pretty tired of this so there is only one more matter I'll discuss in this post that no one will ever read =P

When people ask me why I like Kyle, I use many words of praise (and a couple not as much such as his fun temper hehe). The word cute always comes up there in the middle and a couple of times it's been challenged with the statement that Butters is cuter. I've denied this a couple of times, but finally came to the conclussion that it is true, Butters is cuter than Kyle. The problem is, Butters ic cute to the point of GAY, which is pretty much a turn off to me. In my personal opinion, Kyle is cute but without loosing his coolness, while Butters cuteness makes him a looser and look like a gaywad. Others may like that better, which is perfectly fine since Butters actually is my second favourite, my my cuteness of choice is Kyle.
So from now on I will freely admit to everyone that asks, Butters is cuter than Kyle.

So here ends my epically post on my dear Kyle, hope I didn't annoy anyone too much

ImageImageImageImageImage
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 am

I can't really say much more than that. Kyle is a great singer, which is something a lot of people overlook but he's made more songs than most kids. Kyle certainly seems very compasionate, which could be one of his biggest weaknesses, because he can be manipulated by Cartman and other evil people (The cult of blainatology for example) easier because of his compasion.

Because I was under the impression that Kyle still didn't believe in Christmas, so why would Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo appeared to Kyle who doesn't even have that celebration and doesn't believe in it?

Because kyle believes christimass is poo/crap/sh*t... ?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:07 am

^ lol XD

superiorsavior wrote:Kyle is a great singer, which is something a lot of people overlook but he's made more songs than most kids.

so true! i forgot to add his singing skills :)

superiorsavior wrote:Kyle certainly seems very compasionate, which could be one of his biggest weaknesses

You call it weakness, I call it gift 8)

Postby 203177 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 am

Wow that was alot jp. But yeah i agree kyle does have a great singing voice. I like his singing voice out of all the boys. :D

superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 am

He needs to use that voice of his more... he uses instruments a lot too :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:12 am

Kyle is god! Image
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 am

He is Heaven and Hell! Image
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:22 am

Kyle seems to have magic powers in some episodes...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

aparsons

Postby aparsons » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Wow, you really weren't kidding about that lengthy post jp. I've said this before too, that i can also relate to kyle because of his near death situations. His temper is what really makes him stand out among others to me and i can easily say i'm the same way. It wouldn't surprise me either if he has high blood pressure because of it and that, yet would be something he and i share.
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Character Discussion”