The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

honestly

Postby honestly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:09 am

Why wasn't Kyle in Cripple Fight?
I was so torn and was constanty asking "but where is Kyle?"
Sorry if this has already been disscussed, but why?
WHY?
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:40 pm

^^That episode took place at their Boy Scouts thing, right? I think Kyle wasn't in it because he's part of Jew-Scouts :D
Correct me if I'm wrong here
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:41 pm

^^ That, and keep in mind that Cripple Fight was in season five, the same season where Matt and Trey were seriously contemplating killing off Kyle. It could have been a sort of, "Let's see how this episode goes with Kyle" thing.

That, or it could have just been he was at Jew Scouts. Or both. However, I don't think him being in Jew Scouts would have prevented him from being in the normal scouts. I mean, the Jew Scouts episode was a full two seasons prior to that. However, I don't remember...was the scouts that the other boys were in somehow Christian? In that case, I can see why he wouldn't have been there, but I don't think it was.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:13 pm

^Well the camp did decide to exclude gays so it's possible the exclude jews. Though Kyle wouldn't really have provided anything for that episode so mabye they just wouldn't have him in it at all. The fact that he wasn't in scouts was actually cool in my opinion (not that I hate Kyle) because it provides a small piece of reallism because it's highly likely that Kyle wouldn't join scouts exspecialy if he was already going to jew scouts.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm

crazyQH wrote:^^ That, and keep in mind that Cripple Fight was in season five, the same season where Matt and Trey were seriously contemplating killing off Kyle. It could have been a sort of, "Let's see how this episode goes with Kyle" thing.

That, or it could have just been he was at Jew Scouts. Or both. However, I don't think him being in Jew Scouts would have prevented him from being in the normal scouts. I mean, the Jew Scouts episode was a full two seasons prior to that. However, I don't remember...was the scouts that the other boys were in somehow Christian? In that case, I can see why he wouldn't have been there, but I don't think it was.

Many believe that boy scouts promote a Christian and militaristic agenda, though those are the same people that believe in 9/11 conspiracies and believe that "Under God" should be taken out of the pledge.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Well the camp did decide to exclude gays so it's possible the exclude jews.

Actually, my whole family is Jewish, and my brother was part of Boy Scouts for quite a while, even though they did exclude gays...
I think I have to agree with CrazyQH, I guess Matt and Trey wanted to see what it would have been like without Kyle around.

Though Kyle wouldn't really have provided anything for that episode so mabye they just wouldn't have him in it at all.

That could also be true, seeing as they did that with some other characters in different episodes. But really, I guess why Kyle wasn't in the episode is another one of those "leave it up to the viewers" thing.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 am

The BSA does exclude gays based on a conservative Christian ideology, as well as a misinterpretation of the original Boy Scouts pledge. This would not be a problem, since private organizations can do whatever the hell they want with their own money and rules, were it not for the fact that the BSA has accepted funding from the federal government. This clearly violates the separation of church and state laid out in the constitution. Either they need to give up the funds, or give up their religious bias.

But anyway-- IIRC "Cripple Fight" was kind of their way of seeing what the show would be like without Kyle. The fans didn't appreciate it very much, of course.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:41 pm

The fans didn't appreciate it very much, of course.

Is that true? I find that really interesting. For some reason, it seems like to me that not a large percentage of South Park fans are huge Kyle fans...
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:59 am

^ To kacy_sp way up there:

You said that the friendship moments between Stan and Kyle constituted major parts of eps, however you don't seem to be able to think of very many. And please read back before you raise the same questions people have been talking about for days.

Anyhow, this is basically what I've heard about "Cripple Fight": The episode was supposed to test how the group with work with Butters instead of Kyle; that was the reason. Kyle is already in Jew Scouts, which is a separate scouts program; that was the explanation. There wouldn't have been many other explainable ways to just leave Kyle out for a whole ep; in fact it still isn't quite explainable why he didn't show up in other parts of the episode, which leads me to think that "Cripple Fight" was largely a test episode.
-----
honestly

Postby honestly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:06 am

If it was a test, it was a waste of a test because I was distracted trying to work out where Kyle was. He maybe would have only added that extra little "Kyle" touch to the ep but it was having the four boys as a whole was what was important. Kyle rules!!!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:41 pm

You know, when I watch an episode like Stanley's Cup or Cartoon Wars Part II, I don't go...

"Heeyy, where's Cartman/Stan?! This episode is horrible merely because it doesn't have those characters and I can't figure out where they are! It's a waste of an episode, is what it is! THIS WHOLE EPISODE IS RUINED FOREVER, I WILL NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN. >:C"

But hey, whatever floats your boat. *shrug*
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
honestly

Postby honestly » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 am

it was just really obvious and there wasnt a clear straight forward reason. yes, i know about jew scouts and the scouts discrimination thing, but that aside Kyle should have been there. He adds so much.

New topic:
which ep clearly shows that Kyle is the "leader etc" of the four if there is 1

(If u dont like the topic shut up, ignore this and make another 1!)
Sereth1217

Postby Sereth1217 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:53 pm

it doesn't really matter who the leader is; what matters is who the funniest character is.
"Before I jump, I gotta know where I'm gonna land. Because if I land in sh*t, then I'm not gonna jump; because I don't like to clean my shoes."-DK
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:36 am

In the cases where certain characters don't show up for certain episodes, like Kyle not in "Cripple Fight," for example, I don't see it so much as unfortunate, but more as a chance for other characters to experience what he would. Sure, he wasn't there to "learn something today" from what went on with Big Gay Al or the Jimmy/Timmy situation, but still, when things were sorted out in the end, there was still someone (Jimmy) who learned a valuable lesson, and still someone (Timmy, surprisingly not Cartman) who would get the last laugh. Basically, the point I think I'm trying to make here is: Why should just one kid learn all life's lessons?

Furthermore, let's say Kyle HAD joined the others. I don't think he would have enjoyed his stay there with that replacement pervert troop leader. Would you?
honestly

Postby honestly » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 am

True but they go through a lot together and this is rather a moral issues ep that they should go through "together".
Whatever, I'm over it
New topic anyone?

Return to “Character Discussion”