The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

nolly3813

Postby nolly3813 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:04 am

I'm bit concerned that M&T may totally change SP in season 11...Because after 10 years, season11 could be a new start season for SP and I heard that they plan to re-new the opening theme.
Well, I just hope that Kyle's gonna have a good role in a lot of eps and We'll see in 17 days.:roll:

BTW, I'm new here and a big fan of Kyle.
Sorry for my poor English. :cry:
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:44 pm

^^
Welcome to BBS! Your English is actually very good. :D
I don't think season 11 will change that much, if M&T have been successful for ten years, why change it? I heard around that they might change the theme song, but I don't know how true that is. (I'm actually dissappointed that they changed it on the seacond half of season 10, I really liked the version before it.)
I'm just worried that Kyle won't have as many roles in season 11, since he had some really great ones in all of 10. Kinda like what happened with Stan (then again, he got his own episode this season...). But the first episode of every season always features all four of the boys, most of the time, so I'm not too worried about the upcoming episode.
But we'll all find out in two and a half weeks!!!
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:01 am

Only two and a half weeks? For some reason it hasn't seemed all that long since Season Ten ended. Then again, I've been busy out in the real world and time seems to be flyin' by. Even though Kyle has had a great run in the past season, I'd like him to have an entire episode focused on his character. he's had great roles, but I think he needs at least one episode to himself with no B Plot like Cartman, Stan and Butters have had. Ooo, i can't wait 'til the new episodes are in the making. :mrgreen:
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 pm

That would, indeed, be very cool. He's way overdue to have his own episode. Even Pip had his own episode for crying out loud! At least they make up for it by giving him lots of main parts, but it's just not the same.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:02 am

It would be cool if Kyle had his own episode, but I don't know how well that would work. I really don't like episodes that focus on only one main character, they just move slow for me (except for Pip's episode, after having to read the damn Great Expectations book for school, I found that episode hilarious :D). I think this was discussed before...but Kyle is great as a supporting character, I love seeing how he reacts with other characters and vice-versa because, say, his relationship with Stan is a total polar opposite of that between him and Cartman. I'll stop my rambling now...
honestly

Postby honestly » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:35 am

^But he definately needs more screen time from last episode. He only had one part in the whole 21 minutes! This week's looks much better for him but I am still not too convinced... :?
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:32 pm

Nah, I'm pretty sure this week's episode is going to be heavy on the Cartman and Butters. Really though, there was a ton of Kyle in the last season. I'm okay with giving him a break for a bit, we don't need to be wearing his character out (if that's possible). My only disappointment was that as soon as they dropped Kyle as the feature character, they went right back to Cartman.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:27 pm

Well, there was certainly one moment in "Cartman Sucks" that got me rolling, and yes, it involved Kyle!

When Kyle slugs Cartman in the arm, that was way too funny! Sure, it reminded me more of "Christmas in Canada," but Cartman's reaction is always funny, starting with "Ow..." and building up to screaming and running away...Golden!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:48 pm

Also, notice how Cartman's expression is almost exactly the same as it was before. I just had to take a screenshot, because it was too damn funny. :D

And...

DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Well, there was certainly one moment in "Cartman Sucks" that got me rolling, and yes, it involved Kyle!

When Kyle slugs Cartman in the arm, that was way too funny! Sure, it reminded me more of "Christmas in Canada," but Cartman's reaction is always funny, starting with "Ow..." and building up to screaming and running away...Golden!

Hell yeah! I loved that part! XD

I was so happy that Kyle had a much better role in this week's episode than last week's. I was also very pleased that there was some good Cartman/Kyle interaction in this one.

"Idiot."

I love Kyle.

Oh, and his expression at the end of the episode was freaking AWESOME. XD
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:14 pm

^^
Ah, yes, everyone's loving Kyle's expression at the end! It cracked me up! I also noticed how Cartman's expression when he got punched was exactly the same as the one from the Christmas episode. What a wimp :p It's funny because yesterday afternoon I was listening to the DVD commentary for the Christmas in Canada episode, and Matt and Trey mentioned how they had to make a whole new face for Cartman for the expression. Coincidence?
Tatia

Postby Tatia » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Notice how Cartman was running up to Kyle on the basketball court yelling "Where is it you FILTHY JEW??" and Kyle's just like "Where's what?". Like he's so used to Cartman that he just ignores the insults. Are Cartman and Kyle over? That's just no fun.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:10 am

Tatia wrote:Are Cartman and Kyle over?

Doubt it.

Granted, there is only so much you can do with the whole "Fatass/Jew" exchange, but there are many other things they can do to irritate or show up one another. The slapfight in "Cartoon Wars" was classic, but obviously, it did not settle things once and for all.

M&T just keep finding ways to keep the rivalry going, and I wouldn't have it any other way, personally, just keep it interesting.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:23 am

Kyle had a really great role in 'Cartman Sucks'. I loved how Kyle was the one who was in control over the situation, even though he never had 'the picture' in the first place. The fact that Kyle never got pissed off over Cartman's annoyed attitude and was so cool about the whole thing was what I liked the most.

I hope in future episodes Kyle maintains that kind of attitude because I feel it fits his personality really well, plus anything that annoys Cartman even more is good enough for me. :D
And as I mentioned in the episode's thread, I absolutely loved that expression he had on his face at the end of the episode.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
nolly3813

Postby nolly3813 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:59 pm

I think that Kyle had a decent role in 1103. Loved it. He's really honest at the end of the show, It's seems like we got sweet, pure and old time Kyle back!! Of course He is still sweet and pure but he was more like it in the earlier season. Anyway, I'm so happy to see Kyle being honest. It was funny when Kyle and Stan looked at each other suspiciously. :lol:

Return to “Character Discussion”