The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Sun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm

I agree. I think that Kyle has the best relationship with his mom out of the boys, and I would love it if M&T did an episode with just those two in it. I think it would be funny & cute to see just how protective Shelia is to her boy!!!!
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun May 06, 2007 10:35 pm

Or maybe we can find out why she's so protective over her kids. For all we know Sheila could've come from an abusive home or may have gotten into some hard relationships or the hardcore drugs when she was younger. If something like that happened, then her overprotection is for a good cause --- she doesn't want her kids to go through the same thing...that's a good fanfic/episode idea! =)
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Mon May 07, 2007 8:03 am

Kyle - I don't think he has the best relationship with his mom out of the main kids. I think Stan and his mom have the healthiest relationship. Sharon's actually normal, and a nice person. Also, despite the twisted nature of Cartman's relationship with his mom, they seem to be quite close (in their own way).

Yes, Kyle always defends his mother against Cartman. But he doesn't just do it because he loves her. Kids make "mom jokes" all the time, and one is expected to retaliate if one has any self-respect. Really, mom jokes generally are meant to be cracks at the kid, not the actual mom - and remember, the jokes in this case come from Cartman, not just a random kid. Now, he really does think Sheila's a b*tch, but nonetheless, he uses the word to taunt Kyle. How could Kyle react other than he does?

Not that I think Kyle and Sheila have a bad relationship - not at all! That part at the end of the movie where she holds him as he sits on her lap is incredibly sweet. I just think Sheila's behavior has been too unpredictible over the course of the series for them to have an entirely stable bond. You all remember how, whenever the boys are about to do something bad, Kyle expresses the fear of what of what his mom'll do to him if they're caught. Then there's the movie, where until the end he's unable to stand up for her, due to fear. Yes, he loves his mom, but he has consistently been shown to be afraid of her too. I don't think that makes for the kind of relationship you guys are talking about.
Last edited by ushankasrockmysocks on Mon May 07, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
honestly

Postby honestly » Mon May 07, 2007 8:10 am

(from three posts ago) I think an ep with just those two would be really boring, I mean, what would happen? If they are fighting then it defeats the purpose of your reason for the ep and if they are not fighting then nothing would happen. Shelia really annoys me but she has good phrases like "what what whaa?" and "ok buba".

Postby 203177 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 pm

In my opinion I find it funny when shelia freaks out but what you said about it being annoying you have a point there
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Postby 203177 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:03 pm

In my opinion I find it funny when shelia freaks out but what you said about it being annoying you have a point there
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Tue May 08, 2007 3:49 pm

honestly wrote:(from three posts ago) I think an ep with just those two would be really boring, I mean, what would happen?

Like I said before: Maybe if we find out the reason why Sheila is so overprotective of Kyle, we'd have an interesting episode. Obviously she acts the way she acts for a reason. She wouldn't be like that for no reason.
honestly

Postby honestly » Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 am

touche

but what reason could possibly cause her to be so protective? - is that what you're getting at?
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Wed May 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Well yeah, I was thinking (for example) she may have had an abusive childhood and is doing her best to provide her children with a safe environment that resembles hers as little as possible. This is just an idea though, we don't have to get into a huge debate about it. =P
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 09, 2007 2:45 pm

I think she's just a heightened version of a stereotypical Jewish mother.
Email notifications do matter, people.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Wed May 09, 2007 2:49 pm

[quote="albino.black.sheep":59e96]I think she's just a heightened version of a stereotypical Jewish mother.[/quote:59e96]

Which IS what wanted her to be. I don't think they thought about her childhood very much.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 09, 2007 2:56 pm

strumpfhose wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:I think she's just a heightened version of a stereotypical Jewish mother.

Which IS what wanted her to be. I don't think they thought about her childhood very much.

Yeah, they haven't thought much about the Broflovskis' past. After all, they put Sheila's mum's name down as Broflovski too.

EDIT: And yes, while it is possible that Sheila's maiden name could've been Broflovski, it would've been a f*cking big co-incidence.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed May 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Broflovski was based on the maiden name of Matt Stone's mother. So either the last name of Sheila's mother was a deliberate reference to this fact, or it's just another consistency error. I'm leaning towards the latter, especially considering how consistent the spelling of Kyle's last name has been over the years.

Postby 203177 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:13 pm

thats true that broflovski was based on the maiden name of matts mother.................gee I never knew that :o
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Broflovski was based on the maiden name of Matt Stone's mother. So either the last name of Sheila's mother was a deliberate reference to this fact, or it's just another consistency error. I'm leaning towards the latter, especially considering how consistent the spelling of Kyle's last name has been over the years.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing too.

Return to “Character Discussion”