The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee

Re: The Second Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:37 am

Please don't feed the trolls, that's what got us in trouble in the first place.

As far as the new episode; I didn't like it. Sure, Kyle did pretty good in his standings. The fact that Kyle was even deceived that far irritates me, though. He saw it coming from miles away, I hate the idea that he put it off merely on Cartman's word. Kyle should've been publicly calling him out at the beginning. What the hell does he owe Cartman that he lets him get away with this sh*t? How many tapes have we seen that Kyle can destroy Cartman with?

What I saw is another time where Cartman won when he should've been beaten down a notch. How the f*ck hard is it to take down someone like him? Kyle only had to prove that Cartman was faking. That alone would've been enough to finish him once and for all.

Okay, I hate this current arc. I want to see Kyle accomplish something on his own, not merely because he's only looking to beat Cartman.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:35 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Please don't feed the trolls, that's what got us in trouble in the first place.

As far as the new episode; I didn't like it. Sure, Kyle did pretty good in his standings. The fact that Kyle was even deceived that far irritates me, though. He saw it coming from miles away, I hate the idea that he put it off merely on Cartman's word. Kyle should've been publicly calling him out at the beginning. What the hell does he owe Cartman that he lets him get away with this sh*t? How many tapes have we seen that Kyle can destroy Cartman with?

What I saw is another time where Cartman won when he should've been beaten down a notch. How the f*ck hard is it to take down someone like him? Kyle only had to prove that Cartman was faking. That alone would've been enough to finish him once and for all.

Okay, I hate this current arc. I want to see Kyle accomplish something on his own, not merely because he's only looking to beat Cartman.

ill say it again
You need many years of therapy
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Kyle was great in "Tourette"; No, better than great. But TC is right. I'd like to see, more than anything for the show, Kyle accomplish one of his actual goals. Ah well, all I can say now is: I can't wait for the next ep.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 pm

The new episode was funny, but the same story line has been done numerous times it actually comes across as boring.

Kyle called Cartman on his sh*t from the beginning. And from what I notice with the writing style; Kyle will only "badger" Cartman if he eithers gets away with it or if no one else cares. I didn't like the fact that Kyle ended up saving Cartman's ass, but it was the first time that Cartman did thank Kyle for anything. And that's an accomplishment onto itself. Either way, Kyle won because Cartman didn't end up saying all those awful things about the Jewish community on national television.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

I'd say the only good part about this episode is the end. I'm not gonna lie, when Cartman hugged Kyle, I sort of spasmed.

The rest of the episode was lame. I mean, Cartman being the center of the episode? Kyle vowing to stop him? That's certainly never been done before. Matt and Trey are so original, I definitely didn't see that coming AT ALL LEIK OMG. In fact, I think they should do another episode like this next week, where Cartman wants to open a school for, like, blind children or something, but he's only doing it to exploit them (an un-Cartman-like characteristic, obviously), and Kyle vows to stop him. The end? Kyle gets f*cked over. Cartman triumphs all. Woohoo!

(Who, me? A saracastic ass? What are you talking about?)

Postby 203177 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:53 pm

that'll make a cool episode....but like a said i hope kyle gets his own episode or if not maybe he can team up with stan like in 9/11 episode....or something?

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Here's what I say. Kyle gets to be the main character in a parody of Chris Crocker from YouTube, then after that, they stay away from pop-culture for a few episodes.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 pm

I was very underwhelmed by the episode, myself. Just how much more Kyle vs. Cartman/"Kyle is pwned by Cartman" do we need? The Chris Hansen-mass suicide bit and Craig's part were really the bits that made me laugh, but eh.

I was just watching the episode and feeling irritated and bored. I thought "Oh great, another Cartman vs. Kyle episode" and I was right.

Some people think if you want something other than that, though, that you must want the show to be all kiddie and positive. That is flawed thinking, I say.

Kyle was my favorite out of the four boys, but it's hard to like him in some of these later episodes. It seems like Kyle vs. Cartman is the easiest thing though, so they just go with that, no matter how cliched and repetitive it may be.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:31 am

I thought Kyle was a bit retarded in this episode. While Cartman is at the restaurant giving his speech/blurting out what he's truly thinking, Kyle is there with his family. You can see Kyle's reaction when Cartman's slipping up (about wetting his bed and touching his cousin's dick), you can clearly see that he knows something is "off." Cartman bolts out the restaurant, and Kyle runs up to the door watching him. You would think that Kyle would put two-and two together, or at least confront Cartman about his weird behavior.
Last edited by Jello_Biafra on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks

Postby 203177 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 pm

i loved the part when cartman hugged kyle....but it sort of confused me? :? But the whole part of when cartman was bluting out bad words made me laugh alot :lol:

Code:

Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 am

Kyle has to suck Cartman's balls! Kyle has a hard time admitting when he's wrong and he's a terrible sour loser.

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:20 pm

i loved kyle in this episode i loved it when he said "Stan! We have to get outta here!" and cartman telling kyle to suck his balls was too good in my opinion but lets see what happens in part 2.

Code:

nolly3813

Postby nolly3813 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:27 am

I didn't know that Kyle's still 8 years old. Well, I heard that he is the youngest out of 4 boys, so it makes sense though.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:33 am

It's known that Stan is the oldest, followed by Kenny and then Kyle, but there's some confusion about Cartman's age. So either Kyle or Cartman is the youngest.

And is it just me, or did anyone else picture Kyle hugging the army general in a "you're my hero!" a la "Le Petit Tourette" way.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:35 am

Poor Kyle. Having to...man, I can't even bring myself to typing it, it's just wrong!

Funny how he gets to prolong it by getting picked up by the government.

@IR: That would have been cool! One of the rare instances anyone would thank the feds! XDDDDDDDD

Return to “Character Discussion”