The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

candies

Re: The Second Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby candies » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 pm

He'll will definitely be the perfect dad more than everyone else. Kyle loves to took care of people and pets like Willyzx ( Willyzx season nine) it was too precious when he cried for that whale when he was going up to the moon. 8)
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:02 pm

candies wrote:He'll will definitely be the perfect dad more than everyone else. Kyle loves to took care of people and pets like Willyzx ( Willyzx season nine) it was too precious when he cried for that whale when he was going up to the moon. 8)

Yeah, that was adorable. *sniff sniff*
As far as Kyle goes with pets, I think he's more into reptiles and like, big animals. Like Willyzx. And remember his pet elephant? Whereas, Stan's more into the little fluffy animals. Like his homo dog, Sparky, and the Hare Club For Men mascot, Snowball.

Kyle doesn't seem partial to little fuzzy animals. He looked a little... confused and irritated when Stan handed him Snowball in Fantastic Easter Special.

"I think the rabbit just crapped on my jacket..."

Yeah.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Heh, the hat was one of the first things I noticed about Kyle, even before I got into the show and had just seen SP T-shirts and the like while hearing about it.

I've noticed the 'fangirl factor', and well, I would be part of that guilty party too :P When I got into watching the older SP episodes during season 5's break (through reruns, tapes from a friend of my mom's, and a few of the old SP VHSes I bought), I found the voice used for him earlier on to be very 'cute' too. Well, there actually wasn't much difference between the tone used for him in season 5 then, but when I heard the earlier tone used for Stan, I was surprised at how almost similarly pitched they were, just that Kyle was higher.

I guess part of what could be the 'difference' is that we hear the "pissed off/irritated" voice more, plus the vocal stylings for characters naturally change over time (Cartman's a good example for SP).

And yeah, Stan's not the only 'sensitive' one (which when some people don't complain about him being 'too preachy', they complain about that. Those could apply to Kyle too XD). It's cute getting to see scenes like that with Kyle. I'm glad they used Ike again for "Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy", even if it was quite the twist they did to have him be the boy that was seduced (didn't expect a kindergartener, huh?).

One 'squick' factor that the ball-sucking scene, if it happens, will bring that would be reserved for fanfiction discussion in its full form: The flood of more "Cartman violates Kyle" fics (that are squicky and badly-written to boot O_o). And "HAHA KYLE DESERVED IT I HOPE HE GETS TAKEN DOWN EVEN WORSE" by the other types, and then Cartman fans vs. Kyle fans wars brew anew.

...Kyle=awesome ;^_^ Heh, and even though he had the elephant in just one episode, I found that hilarious when I watched season 1.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Kenny, Kyle, and Stan do have large fangirl bases. Of the three, the Kyle fangirls make the most noise when it comes to opinion. Kenny fangirls are the more annoying of the three, while Stan fangirls are little different than the fanboys in devotion. Except for me, because I am the High Priest.

And, hey, if you like that Kyle fan club site, then join in. Easy to use and you can eventually have your voice heard.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
candies

Postby candies » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:05 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Kenny, Kyle, and Stan do have large fangirl bases. Of the three, the Kyle fangirls make the most noise when it comes to opinion. Kenny fangirls are the more annoying of the three, while Stan fangirls are little different than the fanboys in devotion. Except for me, because I am the High Priest.

And, hey, if you like that Kyle fan club site, then join in. Easy to use and you can eventually have your voice heard.

I've been at that site and I must say it's a site about our cunning Jew. Kyle is just friggen hot to me.

Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:10 am

I agree about a lot of the stuff you guys said earlier about Kyle...but yeah. Here's a weird little cultural fact, taken from one of my mom's daily hissy fits/rants.

According to traditional Chinese culture, a green hat on a guy symbolizes...um...that he cheats on his girlfriend or something weird like that. Now, this has nothing to do with the generally girl-avoiding Kyle portrayed on the show, but the fanfic/slash writers might have a barrel of fun with this little cultural allusion as fodder for their stories...

My mom had a good, long rant about green hats, why guys shouldn't wear green hats at any time (even for Halloween, what the f*ck?) and 'Why the heck does Kyle have a green hat?' perhaps a week ago. Not that I really care...I think that green ushanka is so flipping adorable on Kyle...it makes him stand out from the roundness of the hats on Stan and Cartman, and Kenny's parka hood...and it's freakin' lime green. How could you not pick that out!?

Yes, Shane has it down in stone- Kyle fangirls (like me, haha) are rather vocal.

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 am

Edduyasha wrote:According to traditional Chinese culture, a green hat on a guy symbolizes...um...that he cheats on his girlfriend or something weird like that.

Lulz, Symbolic interactionism, the third sociological perspective.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:31 am

CruciFACTION wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:According to traditional Chinese culture, a green hat on a guy symbolizes...um...that he cheats on his girlfriend or something weird like that.

Lulz, Symbolic interactionism, the third sociological perspective.

Hey, don't blame it on me...my mom lectured me on that all the way to school (25 minutes of trying in vain to drown out her rants by turning up my CD player all the way up)...

><
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:37 am

I agree with all of you guys on what you said, kyle does have have a kick ass hat and don't forget has the coolest hair of all of the boys. 8)

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
candies

Postby candies » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:46 am

His hair is very colorful with a red afro-hair.

Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:53 am

So...not long until part 2. Oh boy...either way, there'll likely be Kyle vs. Cartman fan wars to come, though that's no surprise :?

For a bit of a subject: Before Kyle's hair was 'outed' as being the red Jew-fro, fanartists mostly had it as being brown/dark auburn, short, and straight. Rather plain-ish looking, though it was also drawn kind of 'floppy'/wavy.

I've seen at least one picture where it was colored black, too. Before Stan's hair was revealed as being black, he was thought of as being a blond, especially as evidenced in some early Japanese fanart XD It's interesting to see how different both boys ACTUALLY turned out without their hats.

I've seen Kyle's eyes mostly colored green in fanart, which is the color I see him having. Brown and hazel are two other colors, though I saw some fanart of him with YELLOW eyes too.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:So...not long until part 2. Oh boy...either way, there'll likely be Kyle vs. Cartman fan wars to come, though that's no surprise :?

For a bit of a subject: Before Kyle's hair was 'outed' as being the red Jew-fro, fanartists mostly had it as being brown/dark auburn, short, and straight. Rather plain-ish looking, though it was also drawn kind of 'floppy'/wavy.

I've seen at least one picture where it was colored black, too. Before Stan's hair was revealed as being black, he was thought of as being a blond, especially as evidenced in some early Japanese fanart XD It's interesting to see how different both boys ACTUALLY turned out without their hats.

I've seen Kyle's eyes mostly colored green in fanart, which is the color I see him having. Brown and hazel are two other colors, though I saw some fanart of him with YELLOW eyes too.

Intresting how you bring fanart into this. I think people portray Kyle's eye color as green because it's a complement to red (art color theory) and a lot of redheads (at least the ones I know from school) have green eyes. I usually portray it as blue, I think it matches nicely with his orange/green color scheme on his clothes.

Yellow eyes...? Let me guess...was it anthro art?

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 am

Wow, so a lot to discuss in terms of Kyle in the latest episode. All I can say is wow..they..they killed him. I'm not going to lie, after that I was just in shock thinking they better bring him back. Thank god they did, even though he still has a certain task to fulfill.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 am

crazyQH wrote:Wow, so a lot to discuss in terms of Kyle in the latest episode. All I can say is wow..they..they killed him. I'm not going to lie, after that I was just in shock thinking they better bring him back. Thank god they did, even though he still has a certain task to fulfill.

I agree...I was practically yelling at the TV when I saw him die that way... It was just so sad... Too bad, he always gets stuck in these kinds of lose-lose situations...

:(
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 am

Edduyasha wrote:
crazyQH wrote:Wow, so a lot to discuss in terms of Kyle in the latest episode. All I can say is wow..they..they killed him. I'm not going to lie, after that I was just in shock thinking they better bring him back. Thank god they did, even though he still has a certain task to fulfill.

I agree...I was practically yelling at the TV when I saw him die that way... It was just so sad... Too bad, he always gets stuck in these kinds of lose-lose situations...

:(

Don't talk to her Edd! she still owes my a picture from way back! It didn't bother me to much when that happened, I knew they would bring him at least before the trilogy ended. Then again, I never really was a big fan of any character in particuler, sure I love then all, but I don't go, "OMG!!!11!! KYLE" or "ZOMG!!! STAN1" So if it advances the plot of the show as a whole, then I have nothing against people getting killed off.

Return to “Character Discussion”