The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Indigo Rose

Re: The Second Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:58 am

I wanted to yell at the TV, but there were normal people in the room, so I kept my mouth shut.

And is it just me, or do MnT like putting Kyle in the hospital?
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 am

CruciFACTION wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
crazyQH wrote:Wow, so a lot to discuss in terms of Kyle in the latest episode. All I can say is wow..they..they killed him. I'm not going to lie, after that I was just in shock thinking they better bring him back. Thank god they did, even though he still has a certain task to fulfill.

I agree...I was practically yelling at the TV when I saw him die that way... It was just so sad... Too bad, he always gets stuck in these kinds of lose-lose situations...

:(

Don't talk to her Edd! she still owes my a picture from way back! It didn't bother me to much when that happened, I knew they would bring him at least before the trilogy ended. Then again, I never really was a big fan of any character in particuler, sure I love then all, but I don't go, "OMG!!!11!! KYLE" or "ZOMG!!! STAN1" So if it advances the plot of the show as a whole, then I have nothing against people getting killed off.

*Looks at your signature...*

...And if they killed off Cartman?:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I wanted to yell at the TV, but there were normal people in the room, so I kept my mouth shut.

It's not just you.

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:02 am

Kyle dies? Of a heart attack playing stereat hocky, and then gets brought back to life by the messianic Kenny? Or not?
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 am

Let's see here.. *pulls out oversized cue card*

He was in the hospital for a kidney transplant, a hemerroid, severe head trauma, just now from suffocation, am I missing any?
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Let's see here.. *pulls out oversized cue card*

He was in the hospital for a kidney transplant, a hemerroid, severe head trauma, just now from suffocation, am I missing any?

Chicken Pox- The only time he showed symptoms, he collapsed and was taken to the hospital.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:Let's see here.. *pulls out oversized cue card*

Chicken Pox- The only time he showed symptoms, he collapsed and was taken to the hospital.

That's right! Any others?

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:12 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I wanted to yell at the TV, but there were normal people in the room, so I kept my mouth shut.

I would have yelled, if I wasn't in such shock. I just sort of stared at the tv, I don't think I took a breath until they brought him back.

When it showed him get dropped by Manbearpig and he just layed there, both mouth and eyes open, then it cut to the other scene, I was like "f*ck no, please, please show that he's alive." Then when it showed he was actually dead and they tried bringing him back and at first they failed I just stared. I'm way, wayyy too atached to these characters, especially Kyle, and seeing that just made me freeze. I honestly thought he wasn't coming back after the first few failed attempts.

And yes, Matt and Trey for some reason love putting Kyle in the hospital. And they love putting him in near death experiences. Remember in "Cartmanland" his heart technically stopped, but it wasn't for as long or bloody as this, nor was it close to as creepy. I mean, out of all the freaky things behind "the wall," I still thinks this goes down as being the most creepy scene, perhaps ever on south park.
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:15 am

After all the stuff those boys go through, they probably have their own rooms in the hospital.
Anyways, I was in shock but in a /laff/ type shock.
It was funny. And now I have to draw dead Kyle.
Can't WAIT till next Wednesday. :shock:
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:16 am

Geez, I actually felt sick while watching the episode. The fact that they kept showing Kyle's ashen face certainly didn't help anything. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the conclusion to this. I think I may be happy with just the fact that Kyle's alive and leave it at that. I think it may be best to just wait until I see some reviews on here until I watch it. Especially since I have feeling that even if he doesn't suck Cartman's balls, the Kyle torture isn't going to stop here. The only thing that still holds my interest at this point is the fact that Kyle will, no doubt, go in to save Stan. So next week could turn out to be a pretty good episode. But still... ugh.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:20 am

Stan needs no savior.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:23 am

crazyQH wrote:

I would have yelled, if I wasn't in such shock. I just sort of stared at the tv, I don't think I took a breath until they brought him back.

When it showed him get dropped by Manbearpig and he just layed there, both mouth and eyes open, then it cut to the other scene, I was like "f*ck no, please, please show that he's alive." Then when it showed he was actually dead and they tried bringing him back and at first they failed I just stared. I'm way, wayyy too atached to these characters, especially Kyle, and seeing that just made me freeze. I honestly thought he wasn't coming back after the first few failed attempts.

And yes, Matt and Trey for some reason love putting Kyle in the hospital. And they love putting him in near death experiences. Remember in "Cartmanland" his heart technically stopped, but it wasn't for as long or bloody as this, nor was it close to as creepy. I mean, out of all the freaky things behind "the wall," I still thinks this goes down as being the most creepy scene, perhaps ever on south park.

Yeah...I agree with you whole-heartedly here. Heck, if Cartman dies, I would have slight sympathy for him just for the fact that he dies (like that'll ever happen, haha).

It's characters like Kyle and Kenny that wreak havoc with my character-loving-ish-ness. I actually cried a little when Kenny died so sadly in Kenny Dies.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:26 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Stan needs no savior.

I don't think that'll stop Kyle from going to help him ^^;

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:29 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Stan needs no savior.

I don't think that'll stop Kyle from going to help him ^^;

Kyle is in no position to do much of anything, and the one thing he IS in position for is most definitely NOT saving Stan. :lol:
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:57 am

Yeah, the Kyle death fake-out was nicely unsettling. He looked like some knocked-over mannequin or doll, all deathly pale and frozen. I'm wondering if I can get through part 3, myself.

The morbid side of me sort of was surprised there was no pooling of blood around him.

But...wow. Depending on the outcome of the finale, Kyle may very well wish he had died there >_<

If it's not Butters, it's Kyle that's put through the ringer. Look at "Mr.Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" (guhhh), for a more recent and bloodier/disgusting example (of course if you ask me, the whole episode was horribly gross and shock value for sake of such).

The final scene in the episode with Cartman creeping up by his hospital bed: Geez @_@. It may just be a perverted overreactive impulse in me, but gah. I could picture Cartman easily jerking it over Kyle's unconscious body or trying to force the balls into his mouth.

Same thing with when Kyle was dead. I just got this "If he didn't get resuscitated, Cartman would've REALLY raped the corpse" feeling.

Kyle's injuries/NDEs I can recall:
-Collapsing of near-fatal chickenpox
-Kidney failure
-Killer hemmorrhoid
-The fall he took in "Cartman's Incredible Gift" obviously wasn't too good on the head.
-Having his body mutilated (albeit by his own choice) and then his enhanced knees blowing up on him, causing his legs to be blown off as well
-This one

I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. And he would've been originally killed in season 5. If Kenny's death replaced his in the cause aspect too, it would've been a muscular disease. Boy just can't catch a break, can he?

Just...gah @_@. Kyle might as well bleach his hair and join the "Unlucky Blonds voiced by Matt Stone" club in this case.

The disturbing thing is that Kyle may feel indebted to Cartman to do it, and considering what the outcome would've been had Imaginationland been a movie, I'm wondering :?

Return to “Character Discussion”