The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: The Second Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 am

^Yeah he was way out of character in that part in "the list"

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:58 am

That or it's just a side we've never seen before
They al have their dark side
Stan in Mystery of the Urinal Douce
Wendy in Tom's Rhinoplasty
And Cartman's true malevolence wasn't shown until Scott Teronman must die though unlike the others he has embraced that side of himself.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:16 pm

^

I didn't see Stan as "Darker" in Urinal deuce, though he was out of character. I want to see Stan more like that, he seemed impulsive when he drew the gun, but came to his senses, like he did in guitar hero.

Plus Bebe in the list was her Dark side.

We need to see Kenny's dark side
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:^ true, but listening to cartman this time showed weakness. If kyle could look in the mirror and think he's ugly he has serious self esteem/personal issues he needs to work on, which he sorta did in the episode

Yeah, Kyle has always been hinted at having self-esteem issues, and it isn't at all surprising. What do you expect when he has a mother who bulldozes every one of his opinions and an enemy whose manipulation skills are unearthly? Even though Kyle "knows" that Cartman is full of sh*t, all that abuse, especially from someone like Cartman, must have some effect.
polymorph wrote:That or it's just a side we've never seen before
And Cartman's true malevolence wasn't shown until Scott Teronman must die though unlike the others he has embraced that side of himself.

I don't think Stan was showing a dark side in "Urinal Deuce", I think that whole incident was so out of character for him that it was obviously poor judgement on the part of Matt and Trey, and should be treated as though it never existed, like Kyle saying he doesn't give a rat's ass about Kenny in "Chicken Pox".
203177 wrote:^Yeah he was way out of character in that part in "the list"

Nah, not really, he wasn't that out of character. (see my first comment ^)

Postby 203177 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 pm

^Well that was just my opinion. But i still agree with what you said about stan not showing his dark side.

Code:

Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:52 am

^We know.

Stan didn't really show off his dark side in
"Mystery of the Urinal Douce" I think he was more scared of people knowing what he did that he just took to desperate messures. Sure the "putting a gun to his bestfriend's head" thing was alittle out of character in my opiniun but I don't think that was his dark side.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
candies

Postby candies » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:05 am

Pip303 wrote:^We know.

Stan didn't really show off his dark side in
"Mystery of the Urinal Douce" I think he was more scared of people knowing what he did that he just took to desperate messures. Sure the "putting a gun to his bestfriend's head" thing was alittle out of character in my opiniun but I don't think that was his dark side.

Putting a gun towards Kyle head because he took a dump on that urinal and doesn't want anybody to know about it? Nah, I don't think it was Stan's darker side, he just don't want anyone know about he took a dump on the urinal.
In my opinion, Kyle needs to show his little darker side like Butters has. 
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:01 am

Really, I think Stan pulled the gun because he could have an anxiety issue. Really, any time the boys got in (serious) trouble, Stan seems to lose it for a time (a good time with weapons, where he was siding with Cartman and panicing frequently, 2 days before the day after tommorow, with the dam incident). I think he pulled the gun because, desperate times call for desperate measures. Kyle doesn't seem to care about Stan pulling the gun, just the "stan, what the f*ck?!" I guess they put it behind them

Also, Kyle did say he didn't care about Kenny in "Chicken Pox", it was early in the series, so maybe their bond was strong, since in "Kenny dies" he told Cartman "It's ok, i care about him too."

Postby 203177 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:24 am

Yeah he probably cared more about him in the new episodes than the earlier ones.

Code:

polymorph

Postby polymorph » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:47 am

WhatevaIWaunt wrote:

I don't think Stan was showing a dark side in "Urinal Deuce", I think that whole incident was so out of character for him that it was obviously poor judgement on the part of Matt and Trey, and should be treated as though it never existed, like Kyle saying he doesn't give a rat's ass about Kenny in "Chicken Pox".

Okay that was a bad example I was just pulling things off the top of my head. A better example for Stan could be "Trapped in the Closet" when he intends to go along with the scam his concious catches up with him in the end, but it's the fact that his dark side is shown.
And actually the "Urinal Douce Incedent" never seemed out of charecter to me the way I see it Stan's been slowly becoming more desceptive and manipulitive over the recent seasons. Though this isn't the right place to discuss this.

Postby 203177 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:27 pm

^Your right we should talk more about Kyle. This is "The second official Kyle discussion thread" Right? :wink:

Code:

WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm

polymorph wrote:
WhatevaIWaunt wrote:

Okay that was a bad example I was just pulling things off the top of my head. A better example for Stan could be "Trapped in the Closet" when he intends to go along with the scam his concious catches up with him in the end, but it's the fact that his dark side is shown.
And actually the "Urinal Douce Incedent" never seemed out of charecter to me the way I see it Stan's been slowly becoming more desceptive and manipulitive over the recent seasons. Though this isn't the right place to discuss this.

"Deceptive and manipulative"? Are we watching two different shows? If anything, he's become more blunt and honest (brutally, sometimes), and definitely better. But anyway, this isn't about that. I was talking about Kyle's dark side, I think it's pretty much completely Cartman-related, for example, going back to what you said about Stan, I don't think Stan has a dark side, flaws certainly, but not a dark side. He did have a dark side in the earlier seasons however: his Wendy obsession brought out some really awful things, but now that's completely vanished, he's nothing like what he was in the early seasons. In the same way, I think, Kyle has slowly developed a dark side over the seasons, in the beginning, he was probably the most "good" of the four main ones, but he has kind of done a reverse-Stan, all because of his rivalry with Cartman. However, unlike Stan, this side of him is kind of endearing, it sometimes even makes him a better character out of him.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:01 am

^Everyone has a darker side even Kenny.
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:38 am

^Thats true.

Kyle's dark side can be shown in a couple of episodes. Sure in early episodes abit more, especially with the "Kenny's not really my friend, I don't give a rats ass about Kenny" line in "Chickenpox", or even in "The List" with the whole burning down the school thing but i have a feeling we'll be seeing the real dark side of kyle pretty soon and it don't have to be Cartman related.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List

Return to “Character Discussion”