The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kitisune

Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby Kitisune » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:49 pm

I've been in the Kyle fanclub from the get go.. just didn't know where to sign up. >_< Count me in!

Um, how could there be no Kyle smilie? I thought this was the SouthPark forum.. I'm sorry where am I? Well I'm shocked..

I guess what I love about Kyle the most is his moral obligation to stick it to Erik when he needs to be taken down a notch or two. Well, i love everything about the little guy. And I always get the Cuban song stuck in my head. OI!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Kyle's singing voice is the cutest of the kids; his Rebecca song was my alarm clock for way too long and Dreidle always made me smile.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:56 pm

^ i remember the first time i saw mr hankey's christmas classics the dreidel song totally got stuck in my head, i kept singing it for many weeks, and it was june/july XD
nothing beats his singing in mr hankey the christmas poo though

superiorsavior wrote:
i also like that side of him, makes him very very human, i like that[/quote] It's this combination of defect and goodness, common to most charactars in the early seasons at least but most prominent in Kyle, that really made the show for me. It's easy to relate to them, and especially him, and to sympathise with him. [/quote]
true, its very easy to relate to him and his emotions in a lot of episodes

superiorsavior wrote:
where he goes kind of insane

Is when I like him the most, it's generally a result of Cartman though, hence I like the way they play off each other. Mr Hankies Chrismass Classics could've been cartman-induced (he made him sad about being a jew at christmass) if Hanky didn't turn out to be real, and his anger in the List I see as mostly Cartman-fuled .I think what really got him in the list was that he was worse off than Cartman in the social order, and he didn't think that was right.

i dont think so, it was everything really, cartman was hardly the only one making fun of him for being ugly, and when he saw the list he went like "im last? last?", he seemed worried about being last, not merely after cartman
and i tend to like kyle better when he, you know, does the right moral or smart thing that needs to be done, specially when he has to f*cking work his ass off to manage this (cartoon wars, cartman's incredible gift, the snuke)

superiorsavior wrote:South Park is a comedy, and as such, humour is the best trait a character can have; that said, Kyle is probably the best developed, most rounded of the cast, and if this were any other genre (especially drama) he would be the best of the lot. He has the deepest relationships with other charactars as well... perhaps that's why he's so popular in fanfics, which are generally more dramatic than the show?

you have a very good point there
and yeah, i have noticed the ammount of fanfiction there is with kyle, i was wondering about it, i guess this is a good explanation
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:05 pm

The short version of the Dreidle song from Hankey or the long Hankey's Christmass Classics version?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:10 pm

the long one where cartman, stan, sheila and gerald sing as well, i loved it :)
My_Iron_Lung

Postby My_Iron_Lung » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:46 pm

superiorsavior wrote:I see quite a bit of kyle in that song; he's very tragic, torn between an optemistic idealism and what his skeptical mind leads him to know, between his mind and his emotions. And yes, he has his hallucinations (hankey/aligators) and medical conditions galore. Not sure if he questions science though, except a brief stint of extreme skepticism in Tooth Fairy's Tats.

Who's been moaning that kenny gets lines he doesn't get?

Hey thanks for your reply. I edited my post after Mr. South Park Fan # 1called my a dochebag jusst for the sake of it, for posting those lyrics. I guess he's just trying to pick up arguments for no reason. I do think that song has a lot in common with Kyle though.

:wink:
I only stick with you
Because there are no others

You are all I need
You're all I need
I'm in the middle your picture
Lying in the reeds

My lastfm:
http://www.lastfm.es/user/Forever_Failure
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 pm

i love the dreidle song! last year we were debating in chorus whether or not to go caroling around the whole school, and one of the songs was of course the dreidle song. so when we would rehearse it i would always sing quietly stan, cartman, kyle's mom, or kyle's dad part. it was so much fun :D

i also love in the first season of how he's sad to be a jew. it's so adorable!
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:09 pm

^ the song "its hard to be a jew on christmas..." you mean? yeah i love that one
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:19 pm

jewish pride wrote:^ the song "its hard to be a jew on christmas..." you mean? yeah i love that one

yea, that's the one. i have it on me i-pod. it's a longer version too. trey comes in and starts singing w/ kyle saying how it's nice to be a jew on christmas, it's pretty sweet. :lol:
eames
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:22 pm

oh yeah, i have that one too on my mp3! along with other 5 kyle songs lol, im such a nerd :lol:
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:26 pm

jewish pride wrote:oh yeah, i have that one too on my mp3! along with other 5 kyle songs lol, im such a nerd :lol:

trust me, you're not a nerd. i have tons of south park songs on my ipod. lets see: around 5 from the mr. hankey cd, chef aid album, and i have the south park: BLU music on my ipod. :D
eames
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:28 pm

I just love at how Angry Kyle can get at Cartman sometimes! I wish he would just try to kill him for once...try to get revenge on that fat bastard.

:cartmanko'd:

Kyle's mom is a b*tch is on my ipod :lol:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:29 pm

LOL high five! XD

i really love kyle's singing voice, it sounds so cute
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:I just love at how Angry Kyle can get at Cartman sometimes! I wish he would just try to kill him for once...try to get revenge on that fat bastard.

It seems a bit out of character for Kyle to actually try to kill Theodore
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:36 pm

polymorph wrote:
Michaeloptv wrote:I just love at how Angry Kyle can get at Cartman sometimes! I wish he would just try to kill him for once...try to get revenge on that fat bastard.

It seems a bit out of character for Kyle to actually try to kill Theodore

yea, killing seems a bit too drastic, however kyle has been known to fight cartman/theo. besides, we saw cartman get pretty beat up so i think we should just leave him alone until next season.
eames

Return to “Character Discussion”