The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShellyBroflovski

Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread

Postby ShellyBroflovski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 am

I love Kyle, but he is no longer my top favorite. He's fighting for second place. But I still very much love his character and all the things that make him-him.

Also, let me tickle your brain since my question wasn't answered on the FAQ.

We all know Kenny dies occasionally. This is nothing new.
However, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that Kyle has actually died twice himself in the series. The first was when he flat-lined in the Cartmanland episode, and the second time was in Imaginationland part 2/3.

Anyone agree with me on this?
A friend indeed, is a friend with Kraft dinner.

Proud Broflovski/Marsh shipper...both of them. XD
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:40 am

He had two near death experiences, but he didnt actually died, you cant come back once you're dead (unless you are kenny of course :P )
ShellyBroflovski

Postby ShellyBroflovski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:35 pm

jewish pride wrote:He had two near death experiences, but he didnt actually died, you cant come back once you're dead (unless you are kenny of course :P )

Well, that is a possibility. Yet both times his heart stopped. Although I think there's a certain time limit in which your heart has to be stopped before they can claim you dead - but in Imaginationland, the one adult was quick to say it.

*Shrugs* Eh, I was just curious. I had an idea for a really interesting oneshot fic, but I just needed some verification beforehand.

Postby 203177 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

I find it weird that kyle had some death situations, this is just my opinion. :?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:41 pm

203177 wrote:I find it weird that kyle had some death situations, this is just my opinion. :?

a lot for a 9 year old actually and he's been sick several times too, it is kinda weird
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 am

Maybe he has medical conditions....
ShellyBroflovski

Postby ShellyBroflovski » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 am

GlittersBlings wrote:Maybe he has medical conditions....

Well, we do know he has Diabetus... I think Type 1.

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:59 am

ShellyBroflovski wrote:

Well, we do know he has Diabetus... I think Type 1.

we dont know that he still has it after Elementary School Musical :P cartman made fun of the scot kid all the ep for having diabetes and kyle seemed blissfully unaware of this
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:37 am

Kyle probably didn't care because it was aimed at that Scott kid who no one liked, and not at him. Kyle doesn't have a particuarly good history when it comes to defending geekier kids (remember the ending of Melvins?). Anyways he is one unhealthy little kid, it even says so on the wikipedia page (or did before they made the page smaller at least).
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:01 am

superiorsavior wrote:Kyle probably didn't care because it was aimed at that Scott kid who no one liked, and not at him. Kyle doesn't have a particuarly good history when it comes to defending geekier kids (remember the ending of Melvins?). Anyways he is one unhealthy little kid, it even says so on the wikipedia page (or did before they made the page smaller at least).

i wouldnt trust wiki too much, it talks poo sometimes, but yeah, we have proof in various episodes of kyle's unhealthiness

none of the boys are good at defending the loosers actually, stan had spent the whole evening with them and concluded that they werent that bad but as soon as kyle was back he denied them, the four boys are pretty much like that if you think about it
besides kyle was the only one who was gonna tell butters what cartman was doing on cartman sucks, so it depends on the ocassion really

and about the diabetes, i have pretty much concluded that matt and trey simply forgot, they do the eps in a week, not surprising that they sometimes forget details
Reconsummation

Postby Reconsummation » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 am

It's because he's Jewish.
- Tom-

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:42 am

What does that have to do with what were talking about? :?

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:58 am

do you guys think kyle seems to be a bit too mature and smart for his age?

his speeches at the end of canada on strike and tooth fairy 2000 were really hard to understand dude! i had to listen to them 5 times before they made sense and had to look up the script too lol

and some other speeches he made were way too mature for his age like at the end of the jeffersons or the end of cartoon wars, though i guess stan has made those kind of speeches too so its no biggie, but stan hasnt had speeches where i literally couldnt get what the hell he was talking about like kyle, its not very 9 year old like dude

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah i know those speeches you meant in those episodes, i couldn't even get what he was talking about? When i heard that speech in Canada on strike i was all like "Wow Kyle's too smart for his age. And it is amazing how he talks so intelligently for his age. :o

ShellyBroflovski

Postby ShellyBroflovski » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:22 am

Dealing with Kyle being much more mature than his age reflects, I totally agree with this.

However, I agree because, I myself growing up was very mature for being such a little one. I was also a lot more focused and into my school work, so I was pretty smart academically as well.

I think it all deals with what kind of person you are, your surroundings and how you're raised.

We also know Kyle is pretty damn smart. All in all, I find this pretty normal. It's not uncommon to come across someone who manages to age mentally faster than others.

I think Kyle's mental aging will slow down once he hits around 14-15. Not like, horribly, but, once he breaks free more from home life and gains more social freedoms, his academics will probably be like low A's and high B's.
Though this is just one theory. He could just continue on his current path and become pretty damn up there.

What's funny to me though, is that in my opinion- the way Kyle is right now, is how Ike will be at six. I also think at some point, Ike will surpass Kyle's genius.

Return to “Character Discussion”