The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:45 am

juggaloblaine wrote:I'm back! :D

I have a great idea of how to fill in the void Kenny has become we should have an episode only for him (kinda like how Stan had Trapped in the Closet) and have his hood off in like half the episode but he shouldent be killed

also which pairing (not in a homosexual way) was the best to you?

The Passion (Kenny, Stan
Clubhouses (Kenny, Cartman)
Jewbilee (Kenny, Kyle)

I go for 3

Kenny and Cartman are the most dynamic XD I love when they interact, since you can never know what's going to happen.

:d Stan/Kyle and Kenny is a little more boring, since Kenny doesn't seem to say too much when with them. Still cute though! XD Kenny was excellent in Jewbilee.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:
juggaloblaine wrote:I'm back! :D

I have a great idea of how to fill in the void Kenny has become we should have an episode only for him (kinda like how Stan had Trapped in the Closet) and have his hood off in like half the episode but he shouldent be killed

also which pairing (not in a homosexual way) was the best to you?

The Passion (Kenny, Stan
Clubhouses (Kenny, Cartman)
Jewbilee (Kenny, Kyle)

I go for 3

Kenny and Cartman are the most dynamic XD I love when they interact, since you can never know what's going to happen.

:d Stan/Kyle and Kenny is a little more boring, since Kenny doesn't seem to say too much when with them. Still cute though! XD Kenny was excellent in Jewbilee.

I totally agree. Kenny/Cartman is my favorite, followed by Kenny/Kyle. Kenny/Stan doesn't exactly work.
Omelette

Postby Omelette » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:36 pm

I would love to see a Kenny/Butters fight. haha that would be hilarious Kenny would probably kik ass.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:23 pm

^Yes he would. XD

And, to answer juggaloblaine's question, I would have to agree that Kenny is the best when he is with Cartman (ex: Clubhouses, Cherokee Hair Tampons)

My least favorite is probably Stan/Kenny too...just because he didn't really say much when he was with him in that episode (The Passion of the Jew).

But man did he kick ass in Jewbilee. XDDD

He always has and always will be an awesome character in my opinion, whether he does something or not. (I really wish he would do more though...)

I <3 Kenny ^^
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:56 pm

As I may have mentioned, one of my pastimes is studying religious mythology and recurring literary themes. I was recently involved in a discussion on the similarities between the various god-man archetypal heroes that appear in many religious myths, typically as solar deities at the center of astrological metaphors. These include Dionysus, Horus, Hercules, Mithras, and of course Jesus.

It occurred to me a while ago that Kenny could actually be interpreted as a modern incarnation of this theme. After all what do we know about him?

* He comes from humble beginnings and grew up in poverty.
* He lives according to the virtues of loyalty and self-sacrifice.
* He has been killed and resurrected (numerous times).
* He has traveled to hell and back.
* He twice saved the world from Satan.

So there is certainly a lot more that could still be done with him. Who knows? Maybe heaven will need him again one day.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:54 am

How would a Kenny/ Butters pairing be?
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Unhooded Kenny Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would a Kenny/ Butters pairing be?

If they did it right it'd be good I think
.....What......
Omelette

Postby Omelette » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:54 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:As I may have mentioned, one of my pastimes is studying religious mythology and recurring literary themes. I was recently involved in a discussion on the similarities between the various god-man archetypal heroes that appear in many religious myths, typically as solar deities at the center of astrological metaphors. These include Dionysus, Horus, Hercules, Mithras, and of course Jesus.

It occurred to me a while ago that Kenny could actually be interpreted as a modern incarnation of this theme. After all what do we know about him?

* He comes from humble beginnings and grew up in poverty.
* He lives according to the virtues of loyalty and self-sacrifice.
* He has been killed and resurrected (numerous times).
* He has traveled to hell and back.
* He twice saved the world from Satan.

So there is certainly a lot more that could still be done with him. Who knows? Maybe heaven will need him again one day.

But heaven DID need help from him, when he got his PSP.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:38 am

I think I already alluded to that when I said that he saved the world from Satan twice. The first was at the end of SP:BLU and the second was in BFF.
toweliefan1001

Kenny army

Postby toweliefan1001 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:50 am

I Want to join!
>http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4116/toweliefan1001sigdb7.jpg
cartman8213

Re: Kenny army

Postby cartman8213 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:07 am

toweliefan1001 wrote:I Want to join!

:roll: It doesn't exist.

I think Kyle/Kenny had the best episode. I don't think they're the best pair, but they worked together well for an episode. Jewbilee was great. Kenny ended up sacrificing himself for all the Jews, which is a good way to have him do something important, and save a lot of people. Kenny is the only character you could have save people through death.

The Kenny/Cartman pairing was the best pairing, IMO. I didn't like Clubhouses that much, though. I think their pairing in Cherokee Hair Tampons seemed normal. They were just playing a board game together. It seemed right. They are BFFs after all. I don't understand why they're not paired together more than they are. There is so much potential use for them. You could have Cartman try to kill Kenny. Stan could be hanging out with Kenny a lot. Cartman would get jealous, and try to kill Kenny.

I don't really like Stan/Kenny. The Passion of the Jew was a good episode, but I didn't really like the Stan/Kenny parts. Mel Gibson made me laugh, but Stan/Kenny didn't I like the other part of the episode more. Kyle starting to feel guilty about being a Jew was a good storyline, as was Cartman trying to exterminate the Jews.

I already talked about the Kenny/Butters pairing in the Butters thread. In short, I don't like it.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Bjg721

Postby Bjg721 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:46 pm

Yes. Kenny and Butters is like cyanide and saccharine, or napalm and sugarcubes. Kenny, despite his humble self-sacrificing ways, is canny and ahead of his age, while Butters, self-sacrificing or no (e.g. Marjorine) is too naive to be on anywhere near the same level as Kenny. It definitely would not work...It would be like Scott Tenorman hanging out with Ike.
Bjg721

Postby Bjg721 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Butters: Uh-Hear, hear!
SouthParkMaster66

Re: Kenny army

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:48 pm

toweliefan1001 wrote:I Want to join!

Dear god, you better not be talking about the Kenny Army :x
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission

Return to “Character Discussion”