The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 am

Mike Judge. I thought everyone knew that.
ciuty

keny your boyfriend?

Postby ciuty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:54 am

so if you all are sayng thath kenny is your boyfriend tell me where he lives so i can shoot him so tomorow he will come back! :twisted: :zombiekenny: :twisted:
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm

SouthParkMaster66 wrote:
DevilAngel16 wrote:
ciuty wrote:Hy all! :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: lets talk! :tp: :mrgreen:

:shock:

Are you f*cking serious? When will it end?!!

Somebody shoot me...

Don't you understand? It won't end! The n00b's will just keep coming!

Just ignore them, people! Kenny n00btards are just like flies-- they'll bug the hell out of you, but if you leave them alone they'll eventually go away. Oh, and they'll always be there. XD

Now... back to our regularly scheduled Kenny. Today's topic: what do you think happens to him after he dies? Discuss! :)
ciuty

keny

Postby ciuty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:22 pm

keny goes at God and then to earth
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Just put ciuty on ignore. :roll:

I think Kenny goes into limbo.

It would be cool to see an ep that actually gave an explaination for what happens to Kenny when he dies, like where he ends up.
ciuty

keny

Postby ciuty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:08 pm

It whas an episode when Keny died and he'r mother had a baby and that baby whas keny :D !and pls dont put me on ignore :!:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 pm

I don't think that it would be cool at all. It would lose the sheer randomness of it all and frankly, an explanation would ruin it. I'm happy with it just happening and nobody having any kind of clue why. It's funnier that way.

It would really, really suck if it was explained.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:13 pm

I was actually thinking more along the lines of something like they did in Cartman Joins NAMBLA or Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut, where they give kind of random, sometimes contradictory explainations for it.

Although now that I think about it, they did show where Kenny goes when he dies, during the South Park Movie.
ciuty

keny

Postby ciuty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:15 pm

where keny goes when he dies?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm

Doesn't Kenny go to heaven when he dies? It was shown in Best Friends Forever, after all.

I agree with Lior though...it's funnier not knowing where Kenny goes when he dies or how he is resurrected. An explanation isn't really necessary, but that's my opinion.

Anyway, here's another question: Do you think Kenny will even die at all in this season?

I'm hoping he does, but I don't want it to be a random death. If it goes along with the storyline, then that would be perfect.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:41 pm

In SP:BLU he at first went to hell after being denied access to heaven, but in the end was finally admitted to heaven. In BFF he was taken directly to heaven both times that he died. In "Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut" he is shown reappearing after being killed previously. In one other episode (which escapes me at the moment) he is shown waiting at the bus stop with the other boys, then the shot fades to night where he is shown dead with rats nibbling on him, then it fades to the next day where he is perfectly healthy once again. Also the fact that he retains all (well most) of his previous memories indicates that what happened in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" was a one time non-canon gag.

So with that in mind it's possible that Kenny simply hangs out in heaven until his body reconstitutes itself, which probably occurs the following morning. Most likely this ability is not something he has conscious control over, although he is marginally aware of it.
ciuty

keny

Postby ciuty » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:30 am

But I have a little question that i need answerd:In the episode when Timmy and Jimmy fight Timmy gives a coat like Keny's to Jimmy so Jimmy has bad luck!Is the coat the reason why Keny dies?Please answer me...Ciuty. :unhoodedkenny: :timmy:
Athena1999

Re: keny

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:57 am

ciuty wrote:But I have a little question that i need answerd:In the episode when Timmy and Jimmy fight Timmy gives a coat like Keny's to Jimmy so Jimmy has bad luck!Is the coat the reason why Keny dies?Please answer me...Ciuty. :unhoodedkenny: :timmy:

No... that was pretty much a gag in that episode. Kenny died not wearing his parka in "Super Best Friends" and "The Jeffersons," so the coat doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.

They have somewhat shown what happens to Kenny after he dies, when he goes to both Hell (SP:BLU) and Heaven (BFF.) But the thing is, it doesn't explain how (or why) he is able to return to Earth. My best guess is, the rats might have a hand in reconstructing his body, while his soul waits in Heaven/Hell/wherever. Maybe the last ever episode of SP should explain all.
ciuty

keny

Postby ciuty » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:01 am

maybe the rats have something but in the episode when keny whas a zombie he died and staun or who kiled him again at at the final of the episode it apeas that keny whas alive!that is the question how does he die and live again? :?:
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:17 pm

At first I was a bit confused as to what the rats were for, but given the sheer number of Kenny deaths I've written into my fanfics the role of the rats has become somewhat intuitive. Obviously they're meant to be funny. The metaphor behind Kenny's character is that he represents the poor and underpriviledged class in America that nobody really cares about, even though everyone likes to pretend they give a rat's ass (no pun intended). This is part of the reason why everyone seems so nonchalant whenever he gets offed. The rats swarming in to finish him off are meant to add the proverbial insult to injury.

The second reason I think the rats are used is literally to ensure that his body is destroyed after he dies. This is just speculation, but imagine what would happen if Kenny resurrects himself and comes across his intact corpse from the previous day. :shock:

Oh and to answer your question:

1. It's a cartoon. It's not supposed to make sense. Just think of how many classic cartoon characters have somehow come back to life after being killed repeatedly. Does Wile E. Coyote from Loony Toons ring a bell? How about Tom from Tom & Jerry?

2. Based on the symbolism behind Kenny's character, he has the supernatural ability to resurrect himself after dying. So in a sense it's a miraculous power he possesses, but probably is not fully aware of.

3. A common trend in South Park is to reset everything back to the way it was at the beginning. Notice how the boys' ages always slide back to 8 years old? Notice how the town is always restored every time it gets destroyed? Very rarely do they make a permanent change.

Return to “Character Discussion”