The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:32 pm

How can you post pictures on this forum? I'm trying to show a picture of a kid who I think is Kenny as a 4 year old hockey player which I blew up and cropped from the episode preview picture. Maybe someone else can try. Maybe they can use a screen grab.

But I'm sure that's him. He has blond hair that looks like Kenny's. And he's just to the left of preschool Stan and to the right of the Denver County player. I notice they didn't show the kid in the guest section but they did show preschool Kyle though.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:43 pm

Is he one of the kids on the far back, I think I know which one your talking about. It really could be a coincidence, Small Kyle is the only one confirmed.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:09 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:It's official: Kenny survived an entire season. To be honest though, I'm not surprised. I stated in this thread, it's on the first page actually, that I had a feeling that Kenny wasn't going to die at all this season. Ah well.

Now all we can do is hope that Kenny will do more in the next season. Whether it be to die, take his hood off, speak more, do some kind of new special attack move, or literally anything. He just has to start doing more. He truly does. Matt and Trey can't keep neglecting him like this. For God's sake, how many times must I repeat this? He is one of the four. main. boys. He's supposed to be important. It really does suck that, when it comes down to it, now he is merely a filler character.

Aaaah. I want Kenny to make a comeback so badly. I hope he starts to gradually be included again in the upcoming season, like the way he was starting to be in the first half of season ten, even though it wasn't followed through to the second half of season ten. He neeeeds to start having bigger roles on the show again.

Oh my God, if he ever does make a good comeback, I'll be so f*cking ecstatic. I just really hope he starts doing more again. D:

My thoughts exactly. I have to wonder whether they're deliberately holding off on him, knowing that he's the most popular character of the four, just to build up the fans' anticipation for when they finally do reveal what they have planned for him.

For now, it seems that the only place Kenny is going to get good roles is in fan fiction.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:39 am

Shiek927 wrote:Is he one of the kids on the far back, I think I know which one your talking about. It really could be a coincidence, Small Kyle is the only one confirmed.

He isn't that far back, but he's the one wearing #3 and with his glove over his jaw.

Well if they don't say who that kid is, it may as well be Kenny anyway.
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:51 am

The thing that really pisses me off is the way MnT keep hiding behind his old gag as an excuse not to use him. Yes, killing him every episode got dull. So? Just give him something else to do.

I mean, look at the character of Dr. Zoidberg on Futurama. In the first season his sole gag was his lack of medical knowledge. Because of this, he usually had very small roles in most episodes. Then, in season 2, he was made into a pathetic, poverty-stricken loveable moron, and now he's one of the show's most popular characters.

Of course, it'd be harder to do the same thing for Kenny, considering just how famous his gag is. Harder, but possible. And it would help make the show back into "South Park", instead of "whichever character we feel like focusing on, usually Cartman".
Nicest Hat

Postby Nicest Hat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:22 pm

This thread is made of so much truth. As much as I adore Butters and the focus that's been on him lately, he isn't one of the main four characters. South Park just isn't South Park without Kenny :( There are so many places M&T could go with his character while still keeping his essence.. Gah, it makes my head hurt.

Guess I'm hoping for more character development and interaction based episodes in the next season. It's great that the episodes are relevant to whats happening in the world and all, but considering the kids have been friends since they were in kindergarten or whatever theres a huge lack of interaction between Kenny and the others, compared to Kyle and Stan or even Cartman and Butters. :(
Loo loo loo, I've got some apples loo loo loo, you've got some too!
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:12 am

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already but I'm at school and in rush so I don't have time to look the whole boards, but what's Kenny's mothers name? I know his dad is Stuart, but I don't remember an episode where we learn his mum's name... or was there one I just don't remember?
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:13 pm

No one knows. Since the beginning of the series, she's never been given a name before. Kinda sad huh? :(

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:34 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:My thoughts exactly. I have to wonder whether they're deliberately holding off on him, knowing that he's the most popular character of the four, just to build up the fans' anticipation for when they finally do reveal what they have planned for him.

If that were the case, then that would honestly be the greatest thing ever. Somehow though, I highly doubt that Matt and Trey are holding off using Kenny for the reason you mentioned. Unfortunately, I just think that they really don't care about Kenny too much anymore, and therefore just have him stand there and speak if necessary. Ah, I wish they would come up with more ideas for him. D: They are absolutely capable of doing it. Kenny has so much potential to be an awesome character again. It would make the Kenny fans so happy if he at least contributed to episodes as much as Stan, Kyle, and Cartman do.

...Ohmygod, Kenny...you'd better do something important in season eleven. D:
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:51 am

Yeah, even if it's not as big as saving the world from the legions of Hell once again. Just so long as he gets to do something.

I wonder if Kenny will ultimately die of sheer boredom? :roll:
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 pm

Folks I mean this literally...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! EVERY SINGLE 1 OF YOU ARE SO INTELLIGENT! For a very long time, why did I feel like I was the "only" person on Earth that "didn't" forget about Kenny?????? Compared to the earlier seasons and now, he's definitely the most unappreciated character in South Park. I honestly hope that he can regain his popularity again and FAST! It's sad enough that we got to see the poor kid's face ONLY three times throughout his whole ten years of existence! I mean it's starting to bother me...better yet aggravate me now that he isn't even thought about anymore. He barely even spoke more than a sentence on MOST of the season 10 episodes! Shaking my head...I mean if M&T are going to continue renting out his character then they mine as hell permanently make Butters the 4th kid, even though it already feels like he is anyway. I do feel that they should give him a much more important role in the 11th season. Like I stated on another thread recently, he's probably the most pervertive child out the group if not the only 1 so why not use that more often? I guarantee he would spicen up the show and on top of that, be another hit star alongside Cartman. sh*t, take off his hood a couple more times because I get sick of his mumbles and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only 1 that do! Let's hear what the f*ck he has to say sometimes besides assuming what he says. Maybe they should have him die here and there, damn that's what made Kenny, "Kenny". Hell, let's even dedicate the whole 11th season to him. C'mon people think about it... after dying forever, being ignored most of the time, being poor and being took out of the entire 6th season, don't you think he deserved that award? I am going to break this computer if he isn't acknowledged as 1 of the boys again!
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:57 pm

^ Don't worry, there are plenty of people here who wish Kenny would come back, including me. Ya know what I would love, mostly because it'd be so unexpected? I'd LOVE it if the season 11 opener was a Kenny episode, that'd seriously be amazing. However, that'd be a stretch, but it'd be cool if they started the season with Kenny doing something really epic and living up to all of the potential he has.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:19 am

Wow I'm suprised there haven't been a thread posted in here for a month now...since that topic is old, let me be the 1 to start a new convo. What do you think was Kenny's funniest death ever? I personally think it was the time when Cartman's Phonics Monkey beat him to f*cking death! He made poor Kenny look useless as all hell in that 1 (laughing). I cryed for hours after seeing that episode. CLASSIC!
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:14 am

It's been down for a month because the only thing on everyones mind is dissapointment and hope that Kenny will have bigger roles Seasons 11. If not, Then get used too it.

I've never been a fan of Kenny deaths, but the one you mentioned(Phonics Monkey) was a definite big one since the little guy suddenly went beserk 0_0

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:45 pm

Yea I know how everyone feels, trust me. I posted a thread about my opinion towards his disappearing acts too. He certainly has the potential to be a fan favorite character such as Eric and Butters are but it just seems like M&T either lost interest in him or they just don't know how to bring him back better then he was before. If he's a 1 word per epsiode kid again in season 11, they might as well just put his character to rest. I personally think he needs a new look so maybe if they took his hood off sometimes or have it off permanently so we can hear his suggestions and remarks in voice, he could regain an identity because he certainly doesn't have 1 now. sh*t, turn him into a problem child or something, just change up his whole character PLEASE! For god sake's, he has been a vanishment since he returned in season 7! It's like he's still dead, only difference now is that he lives in the background.

Return to “Character Discussion”