The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:04 am

^^Mm, I'm all for the challenge. I checked some scripts for episodes, and the script for the pilot is roughly 16 pages, and the script for "Pre-school" is 22 pages, so technically if I wrote a script for 16 pages I would be as good as M&T when they started out (probably not). Also, when I checked the script for the pilot, there was something odd... Every time I've seen the pilot, the episode ends after Stan and Wendy look through Stan's barf, however in the actual script, it went something like this:

Cartman Gets an Anal Probe wrote:Stan: I think it's part of a cheesy poof. [Chef's song starts up and the camera pulls away.]
Wendy: Hey, what's that?
Stan: That's uummm… a hamburger from… that's from, like, two days ago.
Wendy: Hey, what about that?
Stan: I don't know what the hell that is!
[Bus Stop]
Stan: Gee, the bus'll be here any minute, and Cartman still isn't around.
Kyle: Yeh, we're running out of friends.
Stan: I wonder what that thing was that the visitors gave the cows.
[Cows out on a pasture]
Cows: Mooo.
Officer Barbrady: Ha ha cows! I've got you cornered. Let's see you get away now. [One of the cows step on the plate on the alien device. A bolt of lightning strikes Officer Barbrady. His glasses fly off, and cheeks become rosy.]
I love to sing-a
about the moon-a and the June-a and the Spring-a
I love to sing-a
'bout a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a…

[Cows begin hopping about gleefully]

[Bus Stop, next day. Cartman falls out of the sky, landing on his side next to Kyle and Stan.]
Cartman: Puh.
Stan: Oh, hey Cartman.
Kyle: Wow Cartman, the visitors dropped you off just in time to go to school.
Cartman: Ah, man, I had this crazy nightmare last night.
Stan: Really, what about?
Cartman: Well, I was standing out in a field, and I had this huge satellite dish sticking out of my butt. And then there were… hundreds of cows and aliens, and then I went up on the ship and Scott Baio gave me pinkeye.
Stan: That wasn't a dream, Cartman. That really happened.
Cartman: Oh, right. Why don't I have pinkeye then?
Kyle: Cartman, you do have pinkeye!
Cartman: Ahh, son of a bitch!
[End of Cartman Gets An Anal Probe]

Now, I have never actually seen any of the stuff that happens after the barfing scene... I think. Was it cut out of the show?

Anyways, now I have to finally make a fan fic, which will feature Kenny out of the five main boys, and will be 16 pages long. And I will definitely try to make it so that even though he may have long, muffled lines, they will be somehow understandable... well, not understandable, per say, but you will get what he's saying. And... it will probably be a oneshot, due to how it will be a real script... or should it be in normal fic format? (AKA a very descriptive script)? That's allowed in the contest, right? I mean, because this won't ever actually get on TV, it should be more like a fic. Yeah. OK, I'll do that.

And is it really that possible to make an in-character Kenny? I mean, he doesn't have much of a personality.

Anybody want to write this with me?

And... AYE! Infusions, don't misquote me! (Joking.)
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Aimsireil wrote: Now, I have never actually seen any of the stuff that happens after the barfing scene... I think. Was it cut out of the show?

That very last scene with Stan, Kyle, and Cartman at the bus stop actually is part of the episode Cartman Gets an Anal Probe. It's not cut out, trust me. After the Stan/Wendy scene, there's a commercial break, following with that final scene at the bus stop.

Aimsireil wrote:Anyways, now I have to finally make a fan fic, which will feature Kenny out of the five main boys, and will be 16 pages long.

There are only four main boys. Butters, no matter how many prominent roles he may receive on the show, is not one of the main boys. He's an imporant character, but the major characters are and always will be Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 pm

^Mm... I kind of remembered the part with Barbrady from a long time ago.

And I didn't mean to start an argument there, of course Butters isn't really one of the main boys, however I didn't want people to go "You'll just make a fic with Kenny and Butters in it", or something. Forget it, I'll make a fic featuring Kenny.

And will somebody post in the Tweek and Pip threads? They've become dormant.
-----
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:45 am

They should have an episode where we see the boys reading a script for an upcoming episode and they're all complaining about it. Especially Kenny, who demands a larger role. He doesn't get it and threatens to leave the show again and tries roles on different shows only to return.

Sort of an out of character type episode. So Kenny will be out of his Kenny outfit.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:09 pm

A Script for South Park itself? That would certainly be breaking the fourth wall, but It would be pretty weird. Perhaps those green tv exec aliens from Cancelled are the ones who made the script and the boys complain since they could be starting a war or something for better ratings and we end up seeing different iterations of what could happen(maybe Kenny is the hero or savior of the planet in one of them).
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:48 am

Well, the show has been breaking the fourth wall for a long time. All the way back at the end of "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut", Cartman knew what the announcer was saying, and he noticed the announcer in "Cartman's Mom is Still", too. In "It Hits the Fan", Mr. Garrison (and everybody at the bar later on) acknowledges that they are all in a TV show. Also, in "Woodland Critter Christmas", Stan acknowledged the announcer's presence (although it was technically Cartman who wrote that script... but was Stan's not wanting to do stuff actually part of Cartman's script?). There are probably a few other instances of fourth wall breaks as well.

Not saying that you said they weren't breaking the 4th wall, Shiek. I just wanted to point out some stuff up there.

I kind of like the idea for the episode... Kenny could realize that he isn't in any scripts for the TV show "Earth", and that he can't talk for more than 4 words at a time if he tries because viewers don't like him anymore (not saying that they do) and he therefore is taken out of scripts. That's actually a swell idea.
-----
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:54 am

I notice in the Go God Go Conclusion we see two teens playing with their crank caller machine and one of them had blond hair and an orange shirt. He kind of looks like Kenny. The other kid sort of looked like Stan.

Did you know there is a company called Kenny's licorace. Incidently another candy company is named McCormick's.

And I sometimes make porkchops and call them Kenny chops. And sometimes I have Stan burgers or Eric dogs.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:25 am

lol. Eric dogs.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:30 am

...I had a Kenny-related dream last night. <3

Anyway, what are we talking about?

Yeah, I guess it would be pretty cool if Kenny somehow realized that he wasn't getting much attention on the show. I dunno how they'd be able to incorporate that into an episode, and quite frankly I don't see it ever happening, but it's still an interesting idea.
Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 am

Kenny Should take off his hood again... Then maybe get leid by all the chicks in south park elementary.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:37 am

I think episode 1101 should be called Kenny Returns. And he comes back with a brand new image. A makeover would do wonders for the Kenmeister.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:20 pm

^^^ Here's a way it could work, Ali:

[Opens to the inside of the candy shop. The boys except for Cartman are visible shoveling candy out of the bins and into their bags.]

Stan: Alright, guys, I'm just about done here, let's go buy this stuff.

Kyle: Ok, sweet.

Kenny: (That sounds good.)

Cartman: [walks onscreen, with a huge bag of candy slung over his back] You guys, lets hurry and get home with this stuff already so that we can eat it.

Kyle: [noticing Cartman's candy bag] Dude, how much candy did you get?

Cartman: What? This has to last me like for five whole days. I'm not supposed to come here during the week.

Stan: Well, then hurry up, we're going to check out. [walks up to the counter] Excuse me, sir, but I'd like to buy this candy.

Candy Store Owner: Alright, little boy, just let me weigh that stuff on the scale, and you're all set to go. [places bag on the scale] Ok... that's about $5.47.

Stan: [pays the man] You guys, I have to go use the bathroom across the street. Catch up to me, alright?

Kyle: Sure-aagh!

Cartman: [pushes Kyle and Kenny out of the line] Get out of the way, Kyle! This delightful sugary goodness will become soiled after too much exposure to the cursed air-poison of Oxygen! [Stan exits the store.]

Kyle: But you need oxygen to live.

Cartman: Enheh. I need candy to live much more than that.

Kyle: Cartman, you'd die of lack of oxygen much quicker than you'd die of a candy shortage.

Cartman: Kyle, you have to start thinking long-term.

Kyle: [Kyle stands there baffled. Cartman goes to purchase his candy.]

Cartman: [talking to the store owner] Ring this up for me, assh*le!

Store Owner: Um... ok, then, little boy... that'll be about $38.82.

Cartman: Oh, um, my dad will pay for that.

Store Owner: Your dad?

Cartman: Yeah, my dad, and the best part is that he lives in the alley behind your store. Just go talk to the homeless perso... I mean, my dad, and he'll give you all your money.

Store Owner: Well, alright then, kid. Have a nice day.

Cartman: Sweet. [leaves the store]

Kyle: Please. [hands the shopkeep his bag]

Store Owner: Ok, that'll be about... $6.69, kid.

Kyle: [pays up] T...thank you. [runs out of the store with an odd look on his face]

Store Keeper: What a weird kid.

Kenny: (Excuse me, sir, but I'd like to purchase this-)

Store Keeper: [cutting Kenny off] Well, it looks like there's nobody left in the store. Lucky for me, that means I get to close up shop early, as it's a Sunday.

Kenny: (But, sir, excuse me-)

Store Keeper: Wait, I'd better check. [yelling now] Hello! Is there anybody still back there? Hmm, I'd better go check. [walks up and down all the aisles]

Kenny: (Excuse me, sir, but you still haven't rung me up.)

Store Keeper: [goes over to his doors, locks them with a key] Well, I might as well catch up on my reading. [He sits down in a big chair behind the checkout counter, and takes out a book entitled Guards! Guards!, which he begins to read.]

Kenny: (...Hello?)

Store Keeper: Mm... hm... what kind of a name is "Carrot"... URCH! URG!

Kenny: (What the hell?)

SK: Oh god! Oh no, I think I'm having a heart attack! [slumps off the chair to the floor] oh, if only I could reach the phone... but... I can't reach! If only there was someone to reach it for me!

Kenny: [moves over to where the shopkeep is lying on the floor] (Holy sh*t! I have to call 911... gnah!) [is literally knocked down by the flailing arms of the SK]

SK: Hello! Hello! Is there anybody outside the shop who can hear me! Help! I think this is fatal!

Kenny: (...Dude, I'm right here.)

SK: Oh, if only someone were still here! Someone who could help me!

Kenny: [...You know what? Screw this, and f*ck you.) [walks over to the shopkeep, who is now motionless, and takes his keys. Kenny unlocks the front door to the shop and walks out.]

For anybody who didn't get it, the point of that fic clip (which I just wrote) was that Kenny is such a background character that people wouldn't even notice him if their lives depended on it.
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:10 pm

[color=orange:60e43]^Not bad. It really is pathetic that Kenny's been reduced to a mere background character nowadays. I think you're right, Paul (do you mind if I call you Paul?), that Kenny's presence is rarely even acknowledged anymore.

I mean sure, once in a while Kenny is referred to by the group, but...it's just not the same.[/color:60e43]
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:21 am

^ Call me Pavel, if you please, as I go by there in a few other places on the Internet, and I hate confusion.

You know, you kind of made me think of something... how loads of major characters on the show have never even directly done stuff with other characters, such as how Wendy and Kenny have never ever spoken, nor have Ike and Chef, and a load of other people like that.
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm

^Sure, I'll call you Pavel then.

Anyway, yeah, that's true too. I mean, Kenny and Butters have never ever spoken to each other on the show before. And I've always kinda wondered how Kenny and Wendy would interact with each other.

...We'll most likely never find out, though.

Return to “Character Discussion”