The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:34 pm

^BTW I think you seriously need to redo that sig. The images are blurry and very poorly cut out. Just a suggestion.
DevilAngel16 wrote:...By the way, I wonder where Kyle [the Skeptic] is. I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't posted here yet. After all, we've both agreed numerous times that we wanted to see Kenny do something in season eleven. And we finally got our wish, since Kenny's role in Lice Capades was excellent, and it made me so happy. :D

(Ha, I watched the whole sock bath scene online consecutively quite a few times. XD)

Well, I didn't say anything because everything I wanted to say was already said. Also yes, I loved that scene too, and I kept going back and watching it over and over again. It was just too funny. Kenny shouldn't have complained though. At least he was getting a free bath.

I hope that this is the start of a continuing trend, as far as the use of his character goes, and that we don't have to wait until next season for him to get another significant part.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I hope that this is the start of a continuing trend, as far as the use of his character goes, and that we don't have to wait until next season for him to get another significant part.

As do I, but it looks like Kenny will hardly have a role in this week's episode, judging by the new episode description and pictures.

Well, at least there are three episodes left of the run after this one, so there's still hope. ;P
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Still, what I liked about 1103 was that it essentially consisted of giving the fans what they want. They addressed the sense that some people were getting of 'environmental insensitivity' by portraying the other side to the issue. They gave Kenny a fairly significant role, AND they took his hood off and let him say something.

The bright side to this is that there is absolutely no chance of them ever using Kenny the way I do in my fanfics, so I get to keep my original interpretation of him. 8)
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:57 pm

I don't think Stan and Kyle will have a significant role in the new episoded either.
Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:^BTW I think you seriously need to redo that sig. The images are blurry and very poorly cut out. Just a suggestion.

Eh... I done this sig a two years ago with paint. Someday when I have time to I'll do a better sig, but who knows tell me, cause I don't know makes sig with Photoshop. :P

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:42 pm

I can't say I was surprised that Kenny didn't have a role in this week's episode, becuase I wasn't. I pretty much expected that he wasn't going to be doing anything in 1104, since he had a significant role in last week's episode, and he rarely has leading parts anyway.

But at least he made an appearance in the beginning of the episode; he was sitting in the classroom in his usual spot. Better than being absent completely, I suppose.
Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:34 am

Yes! I miss the old South Park episodes, Kenny had important roles in many episodes, now mostly he doesn't have. If he's a main character how could he does not get a major role?

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:24 am

You know I went to Wikpedia and Kenny's parents have an entry, and they said that Kenny's mom is named Carol. Hopefully one day we will see Kenny's maternal grandfather or grandmother so we can hear what her name really is. I'm sure she doesn't call his daughter Mrs. McCormick.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 am

Yeah, wikipedia tends to state a lot of the 'fanon' names as fact. There are some SP fans who refer to Mrs. McCormick as "Carol" owing to the fact that it's an unused name that had previously referred to both Sharon and Sheila at different times. She still doesn't have an official name though.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:54 am

Don't take this the wrong way folks because this is from the heart...I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for you Kenny fans, honestly I do. You're the strongest/most faithful fans ever for taking the torture. It's like, he's a main character but he's really not. It's starting to even bother me now because I predicted that he would revive this season but so far, "Lice Capades" was his only acceptable accomplishment.

From what I remember, he didn't even say 1 word in 1101, he was only seen once on 1104 and M&T didn't even think about drawing him for 1105. I mean c'mon now, this sh*t is ridiculous & unacceptable.

Truthfully, I think the show would of been better off continuing to kill him every ep instead of having him consistently doing impersonations of a shadow every damn season. Everytime I look at a season 1-5 ep, I cry (depression is a bytch). And yeah, I'm exaggerating.
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:56 am

^ I second that motion, dear sir. Mostly, anyway.

That excuse of feeling creatively boxed in by killing Kenny was fine for season 6 and maybe season 7.

But the recent episodes have had some great opportunties for killing Kenny, for example Hell On Earth 2006, Manbearpig, The Snuke, or Follow That Egg, and I think Kenny's just another (more high-profile) victim of the recent to trend to focus on one (or two, if it's a Stan and Kyle, Kyle and Cartman, or Cartman and Butters episode) characters prominently and give everyone else either a couple of lines at the most or nothing at all.

Though, so far this season I'm fine with Kenny's role. If there's a geniune reason for him being in an episode or a good role for him to have and he doesn't, I'd be miffed, but so far only two episodes of this season have really been suitable for him to have any part at all (Lice Capades, which he did, and The Snuke for a death scene).
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 am

Well, he had 2 lines in the new episode. I guess that's supposed to make up for his absence in the last 2 episodes.
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:19 pm

swellman7 wrote:Well, he had 2 lines in the new episode. I guess that's supposed to make up for his absence in the last 2 episodes.

Well, I'm new to the Kenny Thread, so I'll jump in as best as I can.

If M&T think that two lines is going to make up for Kenny's absence in this season, then there's something wrong. There are many different ways that Kenny could've been used in the previous episodes, but he wasn't. He's supposed to be a main character, but he's turned into more of a backround character, and that's a shame, because he makes a good main character. If he's not used for importance soon, his whole character will die out and when M&T try to use him in the far future, it won't work as well as it did in the past.

I still love him though. My official 3rd favorite character.(1st is Kyle, 2nd is Ike)
:unhoodedkenny: so cute!
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:56 pm

So, looking back at Kenny's roles these past seven episodes, I'm very happy about them overall. He made an appearance in every episode except Fantastic Easter Special, and he had a phenomenal role in Lice Capades. He was great in Night of the Living Homeless too.

It's definitely an improvement. Let's hope it continues like this for the second half of season eleven.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:09 pm

I personally don't have much gripes over the underuse of Kenny. Since it always seemed to me that Kenny's main purpose was just to die all the time, I find it understandable that we don't hear that often from him these days. But having him speak more wouldn't hurt, even if I have some difficulty trying to understand what he says. For old times sake then, Kenny should still hang around his buddies and not be totally removed from the show.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!

Return to “Character Discussion”