The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 am

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Let's face it folks, Kenny is no longer of any good use to the show, he's officially the shadow child of South Park. The only reason why he's still even on the show is because of pleasing the loyal fans like you and the past success he's brought to the table but he'll never do anything more than muffle a few words here and there.

Now before you all bash me, I LOVE KENNY but I just gave up on his imaginary comeback over a season ago. If you haven't noticed yet, his roles grow shorter every year after season 7 and that's the way it's going to be for now on. I agree with the potential he's capable of regaining and his pervert ways and poor lifestyle can easily make him an attractive character favorite again but I guess M&T rather focus on other things we're so use to already. Timmy & Jimmy are slowly but surely dying out also (especially Tim Tim), surprised nobody's crying about them.

i agree with that 100% but what i dont get is that M and T leaving him on the show to please the fans, but there is one thing i dont get, why leave him on the show whenhe does nothing and it wont please the fans. but face it he is kinda boring but i do like him hes in my top 5 favs
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:37 am

^

If anything, he stays just to keep the "Boys" together. It's a sense, because some would say there would be no South Park without Kenny. I remember when SP came out, Kenny's death was the catch phrase. Everyone knew "OH MY GOD THEY KILLED KENNY".

Point being, M/T are possibly keeping Kenny in to keep their Kenny fans in, and to not break the original boys (season 6 seemed...odd without Kenny). Yeah, kenny does nothing, that's because his muffled voice limits his role. Unless they do a episode without the hood, or put captions for an episode, Kenny wont be focus. He'll just be there for that off chance to die (The list).

As another poster mentioned, Timmy and Jimmy's characters are dying. Timmy i'm not shocked about, he's a one line character, Jimmy feels like a scene dragger (Can be utilized to make a scene longer to fill an episode length, if short by "x" amount of seconds). Jimmy's last big thing was Season 9 "Erection Day", I think he passed the torch onto Butters and is letting Clyde get some time in the sunlight (Lice Capades, The List) {Note: Jimmy was in "Imagination Land 1, like Kenny, but vanished after the 4 escaped on Draco's back}.

7 weeks until Season 12, I guess Fan's eyes are focused this season on seeing Stan/Wendy and Kenny this time around. As a (former) Kenny fan, I hope Kenny gets more usage this season, but i don't think he will, because he's become really irrevelent to the stories lately.

Just my 2 cents.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:12 am

^it was funny how kenny died in the list that was good, even if people think killing eknny is getting old i like it like some do they should do it more often, i just wanna a see M AND T make a new episode as if it was made in 2000 or something like with kenny dieing and Mr hat old SP basically gone, but there is a new SP

but no cartman no SP, no stan no SP, no kyle no SP and no kenny no SP
Kenny_And_Me_Forever

Postby Kenny_And_Me_Forever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:45 am

In my opinion, I think Kenny shouldn't die anymore or being the background character anymore, is seems that Matt and Trey already forgetting how important to show more Kenny and less Butters. Don't get me wrong about Butters is being more significant than Kenny from the past season, but sometimes it's getting really boring and annoying not very gravely, though.

Let's just hope that Kenny won't die or being the background character again. :)
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 am

alot of poeple like it when he dies it makes his role bigger but then the next epsiode is back, that is funny that is good
Kenny_And_Me_Forever

Postby Kenny_And_Me_Forever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 am

Yea, sometimes is funny when Kenny gets a bigger role and die at the end of the show ( like season one through five), maybe that won't happen on the upcoming episode.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:14 am

true i just want the kenny from season 1 and 5 back
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 pm

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:true i just want the kenny from season 1 and 5 back

Yeah, me too. I agree totally with you Kenny_and_me_forever! I really love episodes when Kenny had major roles and thenhe died in final of the episode. (Quintuples)

I'm not a kid anymore, so I won't cry! I prefer Kenny dies in many episodes and get major roles than being a background character!

About Timmy: he was funny now he's boring and Jimmy is funny the problem is that they're forgetting him.

I want the old Kenny from season 1 to season 5! That time he had a few episodes when he had major roles!

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:47 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:^

Point being, M/T are possibly keeping Kenny in to keep their Kenny fans in, and to not break the original boys (season 6 seemed...odd without Kenny). Yeah, kenny does nothing, that's because his muffled voice limits his role. Unless they do a episode without the hood, or put captions for an episode, Kenny wont be focus. He'll just be there for that off chance to die (The list).

I disagree, there are many episodes which Kenny muffled a lot. Do you remember "Jewbilee", it was a Kyle/Kenny episode. And Kenny had his major role of all episodes! I loved that episode!

He can make good roles with his hood on, the problem is the lack of creativity. I don't think you only can make good episodes with his hood off.

Yes, fans again, I hope they get tired of making boring Butters episodes and make Kenny episodes again. Why am I complaining about it so much?

D*mn, Kenny is a main character! He is part of the four boys! Like another said, no Kenny no South Park! Lots of fans would hate it as they would hate "killing Cartman's character".
That's all right, they make a few episodes about Butters, as there were with Chef, Clyde, Wendy, Timmy even Bebe, the problem is that they're "erasing" a main character and sunlighting a secundary character what is completely unfair!

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:15 pm

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:but no cartman no SP, no stan no SP, no kyle no SP and no kenny no SP

"Million Little Fibers" was proof of this.

Kenny_And_Me_Forever wrote:In my opinion, I think Kenny shouldn't die anymore or being the background character anymore, is seems that Matt and Trey already forgetting how important to show more Kenny and less Butters. Don't get me wrong about Butters is being more significant than Kenny from the past season, but sometimes it's getting really boring and annoying not very gravely, though.

Let's just hope that Kenny won't die or being the background character again. :)

Butters' character is getting a bit...used for me as well. While I don't want to see Kenny taking the gullible loveable fool role of the class, I'd like to see Kenny stand up and take inititive in a situation, as opposed to melt with the background.

Lady_Line_McCormick wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:^

I disagree, there are many episodes which Kenny muffled a lot. Do you remember "Jewbilee", it was a Kyle/Kenny episode. And Kenny had his major role of all episodes! I loved that episode!

He can make good roles with his hood on, the problem is the lack of creativity. I don't think you only can make good episodes with his hood off.

Yes, fans again, I hope they get tired of making boring Butters episodes and make Kenny episodes again. Why am I complaining about it so much?

D*mn, Kenny is a main character! He is part of the four boys! Like another said, no Kenny no South Park! Lots of fans would hate it as they would hate "killing Cartman's character".
That's all right, they make a few episodes about Butters, as there were with Chef, Clyde, Wendy, Timmy even Bebe, the problem is that they're "erasing" a main character and sunlighting a secundary character what is completely unfair!

Good point, I forgot about Jewbilee. That episode showed more character of Kenny as being a martyr, like in "Cartman's mom is a dirty slut P2" where he sacrificed himself to save the hospital. Problem with the hood is, it'd take people time to decipher what Kenny says unless it's generic. Like at the end of the SP movie, to this day I have no clue what the movie's "Story Moral" was. Other times, you can guess what Kenny says, since it's either perverted or a curse.

I'm just saying, if Kenny was filling the whole 21 minute episode, if he's muffled, we need captions or the common viewer will be clueless. SP community would have fun translating, however.
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am

I don't think that Kenny said something curse or pervert, maybe a few swearwords. Does anybody knows what he said in BLU, as his final lines hooded? I'm so curious about that!

Do you know something that can resolve that? They put subtitles while Kenny is saying and we guess that if he's really saying that!

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:21 am

i wish kenny was in Season 6 for episode bebes boobs destroy society, lol.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 am

Lady_Line_McCormick wrote:I don't think that Kenny said something curse or pervert, maybe a few swearwords. Does anybody knows what he said in BLU, as his final lines hooded? I'm so curious about that!

Do you know something that can resolve that? They put subtitles while Kenny is saying and we guess that if he's really saying that!

Maybe not in BLU, but I can recall Kenny explaining what "fingerbang" meant, calling Kyle's turd in the box (Mr. Hankey - S1) "That's the sickest f*cking thing i ever seen".
heck episode one was kenny being perverted towards Stan/Wendy.

But otherwise, I see your point.

Side note, I guess Kenny stating BLU's moral was because there really was none, otherwise another character would've asked "what did he say?" (Like in Kenny dies, after he insults Madona, Kyle translates for Kenny that Madonna is an old whore, etc)
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:24 am

Kenny in BLU i remember that was good
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Kenny wouldn't say nothing in the final of BLU, problrably he said something! I said Kenny didn't say anything pervert in BLU's moral, he says swearwords and perverts things all the time, mainly in the 1st season.

I wouldn't like seeing Kenny acting as a monkey in "Bebe's boobs..." sorry I forgot the nme of the episode. He would love that however I think he's more acostumed to boobs than the rest of the boys!

Return to “Character Discussion”