The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:34 am

no, I don't want Kenny die again, it's too suffering, poor Kenny, he doesn't deserves! :cry: I don't know why people wish he dies, his deaths aren't funny, I cry every time he dies and it's too surffering! He must get more lines, but not die, (only like "Best Friends Forever" when the episode he is the main character of the episode).

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:19 pm

For Kenny to never die again would be like Cartman losing weight and keeping it off. I actually want them to expand on Kenny's deaths, perhaps even by explaining his supernatural ability to resurrect himself every time. There are so many ways this could be worked into the plot without making it a simple throwaway prop gag.

Maybe Kenny could even gain additional miracle abilities. Who knows?
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:05 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:For Kenny to never die again would be like Cartman losing weight and keeping it off. I actually want them to expand on Kenny's deaths, perhaps even by explaining his supernatural ability to resurrect himself every time. There are so many ways this could be worked into the plot without making it a simple throwaway prop gag.

Maybe Kenny could even gain additional miracle abilities. Who knows?

Exactly. Yet, it's been ten seasons and Matt and Trey have yet to realize that Kenny's amazing abilities could be the basis for some good episodes.

And even though Kenny's muffled voice and hood are emblematic of his character, I think in order for him to make a real distinction in the plot, his hood would have to come off. Because the only two real Kenny centered episodes were "Kenny Dies" and "BFF" and in both of those episodes his voice was still obscured by his hood, and even in them Kyle, Stan, and Cartman said more than he did because you could understand them.

I just think if Kenny's hood were to come off, he'd have so much more potential as a character.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:01 pm

Technically, "Kenny Dies" was more about Stan and Cartman than it was about Kenny, which is kind of sad if you think about it. They paid more attention to his death in the movie than the show, which gets me thinking that they should do more episodes about what happens to Kenny beyond the grave.
Rancher Bob

Postby Rancher Bob » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 am

Kenny was good in the jewbillee episode. He was funny, smart, and ..he just kicked ass in that one.
Emos are the number one thing in the world that must be exterminated. If you are an emo or one of those clinically depressed freaks who cut themselves for pleasure, you've made a new enemy. :twistedevil:
underpants-gnomes!!!

Postby underpants-gnomes!!! » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:42 pm

yeah that was definitatly one kenny's better episodes...but it wouldn't really be the same if kenny didn't die all the time or took off his hood :lol: well mabye once in a while would be gd. :D
"thier taking my underpants!!!!!"
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:33 pm

It would be good to have Kenny do more stuff on the show....but they are starting to neglect him as a character, the closest thing now is death....or be dehooded.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
butterscartman

Postby butterscartman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:14 am

Dehooded would make me never watch again this is all matt and trey i think are giving us :unhoodedkenny:
Happy?
underpants-gnomes!!!

Postby underpants-gnomes!!! » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:14 pm

the episode where kenny dies for good(or until the end of series 6) is actually quite a sad episode. the way stan and kyle and even cartman actually care. i think it was the most serious episode they have ever done..it was good in a way, but the episode didn't really have many jokes and i was quite stunned that matt and trey actually did it like that.
"thier taking my underpants!!!!!"
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:09 am

"Kenny Dies" is the only episode in the history of SP that has actually made me cry. I guess it was really tough losing one of the characters that kept the show together.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:19 am

Hopefully South Park will be around for a few more seasons, which leaves endless possibilities for them to do something with Kenny. And though the trend recently seems to be to ignoring Kenny, there's nothing saying he won't come back and play a role with the other four boys again. And Matt and Trey know there are many people who want to see Kenny, so eventually they might do something with him.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:49 am

There should be an episode where Kenny fakes his death, and returns as a new kid- wait a minute, that's too much like Marjorine.

Maybe Kenny should just have a complete makeover. maybe just for a season, or even for one episode before going back to the old Ken.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Carried over from the Kyle discussion thread:
bugzbunnie6 wrote:I read somewhere, perhaps Wikipedia.com, that Matt and Trey have stopped using Kenny so much simply bacuse they ran out of ideas for him. That's a shame, because Kenny's got a lot of potential as a character.

And, I totally agree with Unhooded Kenny, the boys should take off their hats more. Especailly Kenny, he's pretty cute without his hood on. :P

Matt and Trey are running out of ideas for Kenny? Unless they are specifically focusing on new ways for him to die, that's a pretty lame excuse on their part, and even then it doesn't exactly fly. For example it's not that hard to think of things that can be done with Kenny, other than using him as a background prop gag.

1. Explain the secret behind his ability to resurrect himself.
2. Give him additional miraculous abilities (like maybe one day he discovers he can walk on water).
3. Do an episode comparing him to the Greek deity Dionysus. :D
4. Give him a macabre interest in death, which he can bring up at the most inappropriate moments in conversations.
5. Use his special move, the Spin Blossom Nut Squash, more often. Make it his trademark.
6. Turn him into a vampire for a Halloween episode. Hey he was already turned into a zombie, so why not?
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:49 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:6. Turn him into a vampire for a Halloween episode. Hey he was already turned into a zombie, so why not?

I could totally imagine that, surprisingly. Kenny would be so cute as a vampire, and we might actually get to see him with his hood off (so we can see his fangs!)
Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:44 am

I have an idea of a Kenny's episode about his death, the boys need him he doesn't die cause if he dies many people'll die, so in the final of the episode the boys save Kenny of die. Cool, not? If he dies, he can ressuct in the final of the episode.

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!

Return to “Character Discussion”