The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:38 pm

I can honestly say that 'The Official Kenny Discussion Thread' is the number one thread that attracts stupid n00bs asking "OMFG!!!!111 can i join teh kenny army??!!!" :roll:

I think the best thing to do is just ignore them. Maybe then they'll eventually start to go away.

Anyway...back on topic...

Do you guys think Kenny will ever make a comeback before the show ends? By that I mean, is he ever going to start saying and doing more like he used to back in the old seasons?

I'm hoping that Matt and Trey will be able to come up with ideas for him. Honestly though, it's not really hard at all to come up with ideas for a character that, in a way, has no personality.

After all, the only things we basically know about Kenny is that he's perverted and he is the unlucky one who dies all of the time (used to anyway).

I just wish the creators could see that Kenny really does have great potential to be an awesome character again.

I'm just hoping that he won't continue being a 'prop' (I hate that word to describe him. He's not a prop, in my opinion) for the remainder the show is on air.

Then again, he did have his own episode in season 9 (Best Friends Forever)...but he didn't really say much in it...at all. It was still nice to see him do more though, and the fact they killed him (twice) in that episode shows that they haven't completely forgotten that joke.

Anyway, what's your thoughts and opinion about this?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 pm

I actually think that Kenny is starting to make a bit of a comeback. Sure, his parts in episodes are still pretty minor, but they're getting bigger than what they used to be. In The Return of Chef, he did get a couple of lines and a kickass nut squashing attack. He was replaced by Butters in Smug Alert!, though, which aggravated me, because I'm getting really sick and tired of Butters being the fourth friend now instead of Kenny.

The reason Manbearpig is one of my favourite episodes of the season so far, though, is because of the sheer equality between all of the boys there. Kenny did get a few speaking parts and he was actually a bit of a story, and even if he had been taken out it still would've flowed just as fine, but the fact that he was there and speaking made me happy. He followed that up with a good enough small part in Tsst.

What I really want to see from him in future episodes, though, is a mix between his role in Best Friends Forever (actually part of the plot), and his role in Manbearpig (speaking quite a bit and actually there). A couple more deaths wouldn't hurt, either.

Really, though, every time I see Butters there with a big role instead of Kenny, it ticks me off, because it's been Kenny who has always been around, so he should get more roles than Butters does.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:14 pm

Kenny is considered a main character, but christ he's like a background character now! Butters is way more of a main character than Kenny. Ever since he returned for season 7 his roles have been very small.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:03 pm

The irony of this is that in several of the episodes in season 6, when he was officially "dead", he still got a larger role than he did in several recent episodes. Two of my favorite episodes, A Ladder to Heaven and Biggest Douche in the Universe featured Kenny prominently by putting him at the center of the plot-- and he was dead the whole time! For the first time we actually got to see things through Kenny's eyes, and the parts where Cartman was arguing with himself were pretty funny.

On a slightly different note, I'm going to rip the head off the next Kenny fan n00b who posts a redundant thread or asks about joining the Kenny army. Who's with me?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:11 pm

iceiwynd wrote:I actually think that Kenny is starting to make a bit of a comeback. Sure, his parts in episodes are still pretty minor, but they're getting bigger than what they used to be. In The Return of Chef, he did get a couple of lines and a kickass nut squashing attack. He was replaced by Butters in Smug Alert!, though, which aggravated me, because I'm getting really sick and tired of Butters being the fourth friend now instead of Kenny.

Well put Lior. And yes, I suppose it is true that Kenny is starting to make a comeback, albeit a small one at that. He is beginning to gradually say more and do more in episodes. I'll admit, I'm happy about that.

Manbearpig, in a way, is a perfect example of what makes a great South Park episode, since the roles amongst the four boys were basically spit evenly. The best episodes of South Park, in my opinion are when they focus on all four boysequally.

Of course I've been annoyed about the whole 'Butters stealing the spot light' also. Ever since Butters replaced Kenny in season 6, he's been given more roles and dialogue in episodes. The real thing that bothers me the most though is when Butters completely fills the void as the 'fourth friend' (as seen in Smug Alert). Kenny is the fourth friend. Not Butters.

Also, Kenny should die at least once in this season. The fact that it is an 'old running gag that is no longer funny' doesn't matter to me. It's what Kenny is known for, and it's one of the things people used to love about him.

I really would like for Kenny to have bigger roles in the future...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
laura_kate_is_cool

Postby laura_kate_is_cool » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:09 am

hey, asl?
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:35 pm

laura_kate_is_cool Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:09 am Post subject:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey, asl?

uh this is a message board not a chatroom
.....What......
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am

Actually, I agree with Kyle the Skeptic about Kenny getting a bigger role in death than in subsequent seasons. The boys constantly made references to him (i.e. calling Butters "Not-Kenny,") and of course he was part of the plot in episodes like "A Ladder to Heaven" and "The Biggest Douche in the Universe."

And let's not forget episodes like "Best Friends Forever" and even "Spontaneous Combustion," where his death contributed generously to the plot. It was like he had an even bigger role through his physical deaths.

So in a way, he's more alive when he's dead. Anyone understand me on that?
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:05 am

yeah I do

Kenny needs a much bigger role in 10 1/2 Matt and Trey are getting better with him but he needs a much bigger role
.....What......
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:15 am

^Yeah, there needs to be more episodes like Best Friends Forever and Kenny Dies, mainly Kenny based.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 am

juggaloblaine wrote:Matt and Trey are getting better with him

Not really. The Comedy Network has started playing the older episodes around here, and it's astonishing how much bigger of a part he's had in them. Bigger than Manbearpig, but not quite as much as in Best Friends Forever. They've been good with him, then it's dropped by a lot, and only now it's starting to go back up, however, extremely slowly.

I agree with Athena and KTS. Kenny is more alive when dead.
kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass

Postby kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:31 am

can i join the kenny army?
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:34 am

^There are no more armies, they've seized to exist for a while now.

Postby kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:35 am

southpark master do u no were kenny gets his blond hair from? :unhoodedkenny:

Postby kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:37 am

hello is any1 here?

Return to “Character Discussion”