The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:17 am

I can't believe Kenny survived the whole season... in effect, they did use the gag itself at the beginning of "Warcraft", but he didn't actually die there, so it was kind of a bummer. I don't think M&T even know how popular Kenny is, they seem to be mostly focusing on Kyle and Cartman hating eachother, occasionally throwing Stan in, and Kenny still seems to be replaced with Butters. Why don't they just mess around with Kenny's character? Make some serious changes if they have to. What they're doing is like getting rid of Boomhower (did I spell that right?) on "King of the Hill". And yes, Dr. Zoidberg is a good example. All they need to do is just make an episode that changes Kenny's character in a way that allows him to be usable. We keep seeing his hair, why can't we see the rest of his head? That gag is old, like his death gag (but only hand-in-hand). Trust me, people aren't begging you to keep him out of commission, M&T.

Could Kenny's mother be referred to as 'Red'? Even if it's not her official name, it's not the official name of the other Red, either.

Dying of sheer boredom would be funny. And did he really have that big a role in "BFF"? I mean, he was a vegetable most of the time... and yet he still got more lines. Disturbing.

Why was he even brought back to life after season 6? I doubt the creators really wanted him back, after all they haven't even been including him in the background anymore, like in "Hell on Earth 2006", he didn't even appear.

This is why I read KtS fics. When he reaches 14 of them, I could honestly say I would have rather seen that than the season 10 episodes SP aired.
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Aimsireil wrote:Could Kenny's mother be referred to as 'Red'? Even if it's not her official name, it's not the official name of the other Red, either.

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally feel that it isn't necessary to give Kenny's mom a name. I mean, yeah, she's the only mother out of the four boys' moms that doesn't have a name. But...does it really matter? Just goes to show you how much Matt and Trey give a damn about Kenny's family, or even Kenny himself for that matter.

Aimsireil wrote:Why was he even brought back to life after season 6? I doubt the creators really wanted him back, after all they haven't even been including him in the background anymore, like in "Hell on Earth 2006", he didn't even appear.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Don't forget, Hell on Earth 2006 wasn't the only episode that Kenny didn't even appear in. He wasn't in Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow or Smug Alert! at all either. Depressing, huh? D: It seems like, that instead of dying once a season, he just doesn't appear in a random episode once a season.

Well, in season 10 he was only in eight f*cking episodes. Eight out of fourteen. And he's a main character. Yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Seriously, Kenny needs to make a comeback somehow. Matt and Trey aren't doing anything with him because they feel that the main joke of him dying every episode got quite old. I guess it did, but still, dying once a season won't hurt. (That's an odd pun, ain't it? XD) Honestly though, I agree in the sense that they really should come up with new ideas with him. Otherwise, Kenny will remain the character that follows the boys around and mumbles a few words occassionally. Quite frankly, that sucks. It's about time they actually add something new to Kenny's character. It doesn't have to be a drastic change, but they either have to give Kenny some new personality traits, or develop his current ones that we know very little about.

Either way, Kenny neeeeeeeds to do more. (I feel like I repeated myself so many times in this thread, and I probably did. But, if Kenny isn't getting many roles on the show, then what else is there to discuss besides his classic deaths or whatever?)

Let's just hope that he starts having larger roles in season 11.

Edit: I feel like a whiny bitch whenever I post in this thread. XD Ah well.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:53 pm

^You're not the only 1 Angel! All of us are basically whiny bitches on this thread and we're all repeating ourselves like scratched records from the 30's. But unfortunately because we care so much about the poor guy, we're going to continue pouring out our praires and wishes until there's a pleasant change. However, if his role in the season 11 episodes are as worse or even worst than what they were on the previous seasons than I can honestly say that I would no longer care and I'm sure everybody else will feel the same way unless there's a Kenny McKormick worshiper somewhere in the wilderness bending over in front of his shrine, squeezing lemon juice & salt on an open wound and eating bear sh*t along with squirrel guts for a daily, nutritious meal (I know, lil' too graphic, sorry).

Okay, the "death every episode gag" died as quick as his character seems to be and his annoying but suddenly rare muffles are definitely deceased so the BEST solution for re-energizing his entire existence is to take off the hood so we can see his face and to change him into a cool but troublesome/pervertive kid Cartman wouldn't even have an answer for. That would be so interesting wouldn't it! He would be the show's new favorite character by far! Too bad it only seems more like a mirage instead of a possibility...

(AND WAS HE REALLY IN 8/14 SEASON 10 EPISODES?! I PITTY THAT.)
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:19 pm

About Kenny's deaths:

Matt and Trey said that finding new ways to kill Kenny each episode kept them "boxed in" creatively. O RLY? Wouldn't finding a creative way to kill off your character each episode keep you creative? No, but seriously, they're probably right, the gag of having Kenny get killed got seriously old. And the gag of having him swear through his hood got old (it's been 3 years). And now the gag of having his hood permenantly on is getting far, far too old. Keeping Kenny hooded and silent is like trying to hold back a flood with an old wall, no matter what you do to patch up the wall, it will break through (i.e. all the recent unhooded Kenny episodes).

There is no reason to keep the hood on him... he's not dying anymore, so nobody would feel guilty like when we saw "The Jeffersons" (that was sickening)... the only real reason he still wears the parka is because he's been wearing it since the start of the show.
-----
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:16 pm

(AND WAS HE REALLY IN 8/14 SEASON 10 EPISODES?! I PITTY THAT.)

Yes, I think I made a list once in another thread how Cartman was the star of this whole season. I think it's really EVERYONES wish for improvement with Season 11 and for Cartman too just **** off.
Last edited by Shiek927 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 am

Shiek927 wrote:Yes, I think I made a list once in another threat how Cartman was the star of this whole season.

I thought Kyle was the big episode hog this season, right up to Go God Go - but he did take over a whole lot of episodes.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:07 am

We're still rooting for Kenny's hood to be taken off. After all, the show has gained so much more realism than it began with... they couldn't bear to leave Kenny's hood on in "The Losing Edge", I just hope they crack.
-----
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:02 am

We need to see Kenny unhooded more than once per season. He was unhooded in the Stanley's Cup flashback as one of the players on Stan's team but it wasn't a fourth grade Kenny so it doesn't really count. Back then he didn't have the coat he does now. He had a similar coat in Preschool though it looked like it had seen better days and chances are that it was thrown out soon after, and he probably didn't get his regular coat until he was seven or eight. So at five years old, Kenny probably didn't have a hood at all.

Anyway everyone knows what he looks like underneath the coat so why not have him unhooded for awhile. One of these days he will outgrow his coat and may not be able to find a replacement since they may have stopped making Kenny coats.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:41 am

Actually, the coat Kenny wore in preschool probably just looked beat up because M&T were trying to add more detail to the show, and they probably thought that because Kenny was poor and lived in a shack, of course his parka would be beaten up. Did you notice that the kindergarten boys had more detail than the boys when they are at normal age?

This brings up another question: would anybody like to see the boys / any other character be remade? Not completely, of course (keep the heads the SAME SHAPE!) but just to the point of detail that was used in "Preschool"?
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:49 pm

You can see that about several TV shows, actually. The older, more classic characters have much more basic designs than the newer ones, or the ones stuck in a later episode and just for that episode.

I think it'd be neat to see the boys remodeled a bit, but... I don't want it in the show. That's why I also don't want to see Kenny's hood removed. It's not hard to understand him with his hood up. I mean, they've gone ten full years with the characters exactly the same way. Seeing them suddenly change would just look... weird. And I think it'd ruin a bit of a feel to it. I think it's kinda funny how you've got the older characters with their really, really basic designs, acting alongside newer ones with all of these new details, and how some backgrounds are really basic and stupid-looking whereas others are highly detailed. It's like you can see the evolution of the show right in the show. And I like that.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:25 pm

Um...what would be so weird about Ken having his hood off for good? I mean, nothing can possibly get worse than it already is for him, why not do it? If M&T could change his role from dying every episode to just being the boring kid out the group nobody really cares about anymore then they can change up his whole character. Hell, they took Chef away from us :-< and made Mr./Mrs.(whatever) Garrison an even more hated individual than he was before the sex change. I loved Officer Barbrady but let's admit that if we ever happen to see him again, pigs will fly and there will be a black president! South Park is about change, better yet, all of the long running television shows are dry without any changes occuring. I think they should either take his hood off & have him become a more noticable kid that he once was or start killing him in every episode again. POINT BLANK PERIOD!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Aimsireil wrote:This is why I read KtS fics. When he reaches 14 of them, I could honestly say I would have rather seen that than the season 10 episodes SP aired.

Is my Kenny obsession that obvious? :frozenkenny:

I know this is going to sound a little strange, but I'm actually for both. Show Kenny unhooded more often AND start killing him again in brutally hilarious ways. Not that I'd want either to be overdone, mind you, but the point is that it would give him something to do, and revive his role as one of four main boys. Of course, I'd still want for there to be a good reason whenever his face is shown, as well as for when he gets killed. For example, some of his best moments have been when he's sacrificed himself to save his friends.

With that in mind, I personally wouldn't find it disturbing if he were to die with his face shown, so long as it's done right. I know a couple of people have said that "The Jeffersons" was disturbing for that reason, but think about what Kenny did for a moment. He was serving as a decoy for a younger kid, whom the others were trying to rescue from a father they knew would likely turn out to be dangerous. If Kenny hadn't been there, Mr. Jefferson probably would have killed his own son. So again, Kenny was sacrificing himself to save someone else, which I think is one of his best traits.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. They need to start killing Kenny again to pump some life back into his character. It's not that hard to come up with something for him to do, damnit.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:10 pm

^Agreed. Very well said.
karlmarx1

kenny is my faverit

Postby karlmarx1 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:47 am

kenny is my faverit :unhoodedkenny:
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:52 am

I don't think they need to go back to killing Kenny since it would only be a step backwards. The show is evolving so should Kenny. And yes we should see him unhooded more. Besides, there is somebody filling the void right now and his name is Willy Nilly, a character from Mad Magazine who always gets killed.

Return to “Character Discussion”