The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 am

i wonder if ppl wud like it if kenny died agen
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:54 am

superiorsavior wrote:
LADY LIANNE wrote:How can you talk about what a friend would do, if they saw a friend die in real life and knew they'd be resurected the next day? That situation would never happen (unless you're a disciple of Jesus) in real life (and what did the disciples do?) and especially if he's beyond help, the kids wou;d treat it as one of them things. Even Kelly would, over time.

Then that'd make stan/kyle inhumane if they decide to make no attempt at saving/recessetating kenny because "Meh, it's 9PM, he'll be back in 3 hours"
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:58 pm

They arn't the most caring kids on the plannet... they hang round with Cartman, what do you expect. Remember Towlie, that's how interested they are in other people's problems.

Yeah, S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K, kenny should either die (perminantly) again so he's got a propper end and doesn't just fade away, or he should take off that hood and become a main charactar with a real personality (Aside form being poor and pervy), otherwise he's just a dead weight background kid.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:18 pm

Or does cartman hang around with them,and when your 9 whats more important playing a new games console or saving a drugged up towel.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:25 pm

James--76 wrote:Or does cartman hang around with them,and when your 9 whats more important playing a new games console or saving a drugged up towel.

It's at the point where Cartman hangs onto them, even Kenny, and the fact remains they can carry on with Eric, but Eric can't live without his friends, especially since he's an social outcast.

At 9, I'd probably rather play the newest video game, at 20 (my current age), i'd rather save the world. Maybe their bored of it? :)
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow...honestly people, when are you all going to get use to the fact that Kenny will never be Kenny anymore? Like someone else said, unless his hood is magically removed permanently and unleashes his personality, Ken is gone forever. It's been ummmm....bout 3 years since he's even had his own episode (BFF) and he was basically dead the entire show as usual so that there should simply tell you that M&T are not going to attempt to make his roles consistent no time soon.

Beisdes removing his hood, I think the only possible way we can see more of him is if there are more episodes revolving around his parents and their poor azz household. His folks definitely has the potential to be the funniest mom/dad couple in South Park and that could be Kenny's re-opening for screen time but I seriously doubt that would even happen to be truthful.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:11 pm

he was basically dead the entire show as usual

Which brings me to another way Kenny could be used, the only way he's been used so far. Explain his superpower of coming back from the dead, or use it to get him in situations the other boys would never be able to have, like in hell and heaven. The problem here is, he doesn't get more of a personality and he isn't with the boys, he's just a plot device. And explaining how the resurection thing works would risk being as cheesy as the "your a real friend" ending of the movie.

I think the only possible way we can see more of him is if there are more episodes revolving around his parents and their poor azz household.

That's bring in more Kenny and some funny as hell opportunities for Cartman to knock POVs (poverty struck citicens) but...

His folks definitely has the potential to be the funniest mom/dad couple in South Park and that could be Kenny's re-opening for screen time

They blew that potential. They havn't been seen as much as Butter's parents, Stans or Kyles, which all started out very lame and became more developed and funnier. Kennies havn't been seen too reguarly, havn't developed, and so arn't as funny, though there are a few fresh joke opportunities to use with them if the show runs out of abusive parent/jew mum/crack-whore/stupid dad jokes.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:12 pm

no he was not
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am

I think that Kenny's parents are funjier than Stan's and much more than Butters' because the only usual thing is "You're grounded, Butters." Sincerely, I got tired, :P .

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:19 am

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K; NEVER! I'M SURE HE WAS whatever you were calling him not.

Lady Lian; I love Kenny's parents too, it's just what do they say? Nothing at all, they havn't had a chance sadly.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:34 am

Kenny's family is shrouded in mystery. If they wanted to give the fans something about the parents they can have an episode showing Stuart's relationship with Randy and Gerald. We know Gerald and Stuart were teen friends (maybe earlier), and Randy and Stuart went to scouts as kids.

Plus Kenny has that 'brother' that they never shined light on.

With recent character developements lately, I have some hope on Kenny this season, only because the next boy in line to bump him is Clyde. (Butters wont be a main boy in my eyes anymore, just a side story boy)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 am

How in hell is Butters not a main boy? Yes, he usually gets his own adventures more than adventures with "the gang" but the gang are hardly together anymore. Butters isn't replaced by Clyde, although i'm glad the crybabby has more of a role nowdays (that reminds me to look for a clyde thread...)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm

^

He doesn't really hang out with the boys, he's just a side character manipulated by one Eric Cartman. Until the 4 turns to 3 (like in 6) and someone gets promoted, he's a "tier 2" kid like Clyde, Token, Craig, Tweek....maybe Pip, though he's MIA past 7 seasons.
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:46 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:^

He doesn't really hang out with the boys, he's just a side character manipulated by one Eric Cartman. Until the 4 turns to 3 (like in 6) and someone gets promoted, he's a "tier 2" kid like Clyde, Token, Craig, Tweek....maybe Pip, though he's MIA past 7 seasons.

You're right, HAcoreHD! :wink:

Butters only got famous after "Kenny Dies" before that was real South Park! And Kenny is the main character making part of the four boys.

(supersavior, it's Lady Line, also the only character cannot be bashed here is Kenny as I can't bash Butters in his discussion thread, I don't like Butters's big roles and that's my opinion.)

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 am

I wasn't "bashing" Kenny, I was just saying he hasn't really got much of a personality, compared to some other charactars. To deny people who can actually speak have less personality than him is...

Butters had LOADS of roles before "his promotion," they were minor maybee but he did more funny stuff than Kenny even then... not to bash Kenny, it's just, whatelse can you talk about here, except give rabid fangirl praise for the orrange parkad dude? He was a good charactar, but he never developed much of a personality compared with Butters. Not to bash him, he needs more appearances, It's just the show is FAR better since season six (when it really begun for me).
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Return to “Character Discussion”