The Official Kenny Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:46 am

superiorsavior wrote:I wasn't "bashing" Kenny, I was just saying he hasn't really got much of a personality, compared to some other charactars. To deny people who can actually speak have less personality than him is...

Butters had LOADS of roles before "his promotion," they were minor maybee but he did more funny stuff than Kenny even then... not to bash Kenny, it's just, whatelse can you talk about here, except give rabid fangirl praise for the orrange parkad dude? He was a good charactar, but he never developed much of a personality compared with Butters. Not to bash him, he needs more appearances, It's just the show is FAR better since season six (when it really begun for me).


No, it isn't, South Park was better in the first five seasons. Butters is funny bless to Cartman. I don't think he's funny, he isn't as inteligent as Kenny is who can make things funnier, the problem is about how creators want to develop the characters they want not the characters themselves.

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:10 am

the problem is about how creators want to develop the characters they want not the characters themselves.

The charactars are what they've been developed into. Someone who's a potentially great artist, who doesn't use their skills, is nothing compared with a potentially OK artist who does; even if Butters potential were worse than kennys, he'd be a better charactar now, as his potential has been reached...

Kenny never had much potential with that hood on though. He was just a plot device, to make other charactars say something/ show whats going on in heaven/hell, or he was a piece of visual humour. He may have been inteligent but so are all the other boys; Butters interactions with the other parents (while not as good as some like M and T would say) bring a lot to the show. As do his indivudiual adventures.

I prefer the show with more charactars, more developed charactars, and more inteligent humour (rather than slightly above nick-quality fart gags) over the warleir seasons. The show had it's EXCEPTIONAL moments in the early seasons (Super Best Friends, Gnombs, Probably, the movie, Death, Mr.Hankey's christmas Classics) but it's got far better by evolving instead of going stale.

Butters is funny bless to Cartman
WHAT? Explain? It doesn't matter weather Butters isn't funny without fatass, he's still funny by giving Cartman situations to be, well, to be cartman in.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
CartmansCuzzin
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:48 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:07 am

^Exactly. U took the words right out of my mouth about Kenny never having an identity and yes, Butters is a funnier character for this 1 simple thing...HE TALKS! He interacts with everyone, unlike Kenny who's just his shadow's company these days. And yes, the newer South Park shows are way better than the earlier 1s were by a long shot! Seasons 1-5 were more about jokes & gags. Seasons 6 and up are based on concepts, current events, character development, valuable messages, gruesome scenes & storylines along with the jokes which I think is the reason why the show's run is so long thanks to M&T's growth as becoming better writers.

Here's a good idea for Kenny's hopeful rebirth...how about making him a superhero? I mean, he's already in disguise any damn way (lol), just add a cape and a mask and he's good to go! Think about it, how about him spoofing Spider-man for example & fighting crime in a couple episodes? Yeah it may sound cheesy but I think it would work and be a consistent role for him as well. Imagine an ep with crazy azz special effects, graphic fighting scenes and him getting layed by a chick he saved from being raped in an alley. Haha, don't know about you guys but that would be a perfect idea for Ken and I believe it would work.
Image
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:30 am

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 am

welcoem bak cuzzin
Image
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:32 am

Personally, I'd like an episode to focus on the McCormicks. Their sh*tty lives, Kenny's struggle, it could be sad, funny and amusing all in one. Plus didn't they say in Super crime stoppers that the McCormicks dealt crack or something (before the end shoot-out)
CartmansCuzzin
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:48 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:31 pm

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:welcoem bak cuzzin


Thanx

HAcoreRD wrote:Personally, I'd like an episode to focus on the McCormicks. Their sh*tty lives, Kenny's struggle, it could be sad, funny and amusing all in one.


Yeah I stated that idea a couple days ago and it's probably the only hope for Kenny to get limelight once again. Either his parents lifestyle or the spider-man spoof would be really good for the show and Kenny's comeback. Another thought, why not have an episode consisting of 2 conflicts, Kenny fighting crime and the McCormicks' crack addiction? That would be a great episode lol
Image
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby BRMBug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:55 pm

I think it'd be funny if they did a South Park "Behind The Blow", where they interview different characters, and we get to find out exactly why Kenny hangs around with Stan, Kyle, and Cartman. Maybe even how they met.
Poopedem
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby Poopedem » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:25 pm

What if....... we find out that Kenny is actuall the bastard child of Stan's father. He secretly funnels money to Kenny and to keep his secret he has a pact with Kenny's mother to fix a friendship among the boy's at an early age. The hoodie actually hides family traits of Stan's bloodline. Maybe a Devinchi Code style plot? Then we find in a twist that Stan is actually the bastard son of Kenny's dad and he has to live with Kenny for maybe one episode. All the while Cartman reaches his first orgasm based on soley hearing the news. Spending a whole seperate sub-plot researching orgasms and how to stimulate another. Awsome.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:15 pm

BRMBug wrote:I think it'd be funny if they did a South Park "Behind The Blow", where they interview different characters, and we get to find out exactly why Kenny hangs around with Stan, Kyle, and Cartman. Maybe even how they met.


Problem was they were seen shooting fireworks as babies and went to preschool together.

So it'd lie in how the parents met to how the boy met as babies
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 pm

cuzzin Cartman wrote:And yes, the newer South Park shows are way better than the earlier 1s were by a long shot! Seasons 1-5 were more about jokes & gags. Seasons 6 and up are based on concepts, current events, character development, valuable messages, gruesome scenes & storylines along with the jokes which I think is the reason why the show's run is so long thanks to M&T's growth as becoming better writers.

I wouldn't nescicarily say the new seasons are BETTER, while I prefer them personally. It all depends on weather you want satire or Montey-Python style absurdism. I want both, and think the middle seasons (5-8) gave the best mix, but each to their own.

The reason for the show's success though is deffinitely Matt and Trey's ability to addapt the show's format, to change from pure sillyness to politics over the years, and then to develop the background charactars deeply (As they've really focussed on since about season 9), as the old format gets stale and as they run out of ideas. Love'em for that newness you only get with south park and freshly baked bread!

Cartman's Cuzzin wrote:Here's a good idea for Kenny's hopeful rebirth...how about making him a superhero?

If he gets to fight "professor Chaos" or the newly evil Bebe, it'd be as "super" as Big Gay Al! Gr8 idea!

I thought this was a kenny thread, not a new episode one but...

think it'd be funny if they did a South Park "Behind The Blow", where they interview different characters, and we get to find out exactly why Kenny hangs around with Stan, Kyle, and Cartman

The kids get on the news for their antics every other week (in the show universe) so it would be unusual if they wern't famous. It'd be great to see people interview them for it, and make them film stars but...

I've seen a few fanfics like this, and while it's not that supprising Kyle failed to make a wholy enjoyable story of it, even Robbert failed miserably. He's almost as good as matt and trey (in my view) so If he can fail, i don't think there's much hope for the episode being any good.

poopedem wrote:[size=200]Pure insanity![/size]

Is this supposed to be a joke, a piss take at the way too complicated for a half hour (or even hour) show plots people propose to Matt and Trey (That wouldn't end up funny no matter what) or R U being as cerial as Gore?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm not saying that you're bashing Kenny, supersavior, I'm bashing Butters as there many Cartman haters around the BBS.

Of course, you all might be Butters fans who love seeing him act. I miss the old South Park because better characters were developed as Kenny, now only of Butters.

The 10th and 11th seasons for me were very annoyed! I hate episodes focusing Butters, he's a secundary character described as HaCoreHD did.

He talks, so what? Tweek talks, Pip talks and where are they? And is some to guess what Kenny is saying.

Speaking about fans... why am I the only Kenny fan defending him? Where are the others Kenny fans to discuss? :| I'm not seeing any Kenny fans here, I read the first pages with some guys thinking like me and defending our dear character.

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Kenny fans are as active as Kenny was in Season 11, nowadays. The reason there's so many butters fans is because he's almost as active of a character as Stan/Kyle.

I got no issues with butters, I'm just saying, like with medicine, there can be too much of a 'good thing'. If they over use Butters he's going to become stale and predictable. Granted his character fits so many roles, the truth is under developed characters (Kenny, Pip, Craig, Tweek, Clyde, Token, some of the girls) can equally by used and get some developement, so the episode wont fall too predictable in terms of what's gonna happen. An underdeveloped character keeps more of an edge, because the less you know about him, the less chances of him/her pulling what you think will occur, leaving more shock/suspense room.

An example: If let's say Stan was tied to a chair at gun point, Butters would likely talk the gun holder down until the situation is resolved. Butters isn't hostile, so we know he'd keep his distance and just talk.

Kenny however, is more of a Martyr, he'd either try wrestling the gun from the person, and get shot, or he'd talk him down, or he'd let Stan die, or even join the gun man's side. That's the beautiful thing, more edges in his character, it's hard to see around them. The other tier 2 characters can be used in the above too, maybe minus the Martyr bit, but same thing, the less we know the better for suspense.
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:Kenny fans are as active as Kenny was in Season 11, nowadays. The reason there's so many butters fans is because he's almost as active of a character as Stan/Kyle.

I got no issues with butters, I'm just saying, like with medicine, there can be too much of a 'good thing'. If they over use Butters he's going to become stale and predictable. Granted his character fits so many roles, the truth is under developed characters (Kenny, Pip, Craig, Tweek, Clyde, Token, some of the girls) can equally by used and get some developement, so the episode wont fall too predictable in terms of what's gonna happen. An underdeveloped character keeps more of an edge, because the less you know about him, the less chances of him/her pulling what you think will occur, leaving more shock/suspense room.

An example: If let's say Stan was tied to a chair at gun point, Butters would likely talk the gun holder down until the situation is resolved. Butters isn't hostile, so we know he'd keep his distance and just talk.

Kenny however, is more of a Martyr, he'd either try wrestling the gun from the person, and get shot, or he'd talk him down, or he'd let Stan die, or even join the gun man's side. That's the beautiful thing, more edges in his character, it's hard to see around them. The other tier 2 characters can be used in the above too, maybe minus the Martyr bit, but same thing, the less we know the better for suspense.


Sorry, I'm under stress. Thank you so much, HAcoreHD, you always speak the truth! :wink: The character who saves South Park it's Stan and Cartman, I even don't see Kyle making many things anymore...

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
polymorph
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:57 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby polymorph » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:39 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:Kenny fans are as active as Kenny was in Season 11, nowadays. The reason there's so many butters fans is because he's almost as active of a character as Stan/Kyle.

I got no issues with butters, I'm just saying, like with medicine, there can be too much of a 'good thing'. If they over use Butters he's going to become stale and predictable. Granted his character fits so many roles, the truth is under developed characters (Kenny, Pip, Craig, Tweek, Clyde, Token, some of the girls) can equally by used and get some developement, so the episode wont fall too predictable in terms of what's gonna happen. An underdeveloped character keeps more of an edge, because the less you know about him, the less chances of him/her pulling what you think will occur, leaving more shock/suspense room.

An example: If let's say Stan was tied to a chair at gun point, Butters would likely talk the gun holder down until the situation is resolved. Butters isn't hostile, so we know he'd keep his distance and just talk.

Kenny however, is more of a Martyr, he'd either try wrestling the gun from the person, and get shot, or he'd talk him down, or he'd let Stan die, or even join the gun man's side. That's the beautiful thing, more edges in his character, it's hard to see around them. The other tier 2 characters can be used in the above too, maybe minus the Martyr bit, but same thing, the less we know the better for suspense.


I don't think Kenny would let Stan get killed, but I understan your point and I agree. Butters has like 6 major parts per season and a personal episode and if look at the other characters you listed you'll see that they have had three major parts in one season and that hasn't happend for them since season 4 or 6(Pip, Kenny, Tweek or they haven't got much attention to character development(Clyde,Craig,the girls). One the best examples of the latter is Clyde who seems to be the character that M&T use if no one else readily fits the part and this would give him some good character developement if it weren't for the fact that his history so to speek is constantly changing(He's gone through about three last names now) because of this his seems to have become vague as far personality. However this is the Kenny thread not the Clyde thread so I should probably focus on him. The one thing that makes makes Kenny's absence more noticable than other characters is he is one of the main boys, but I think that we will see some Kenny sometime in the future (unless they kill him off again) purly for the fact that being one of the main boys makes it impossible for him to fade into the abyss like poor Pip seem to have.
Image
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Second Official Perverted Kenny Discussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Polymorph wrote:The one thing that makes makes Kenny's absence more noticable than other characters is he is one of the main boys

Was one of the main boys... he hasn't been used much so he isn't a major charactar more than Pip is any more. Butters stole his role as he stole so many other charactars.

I agreee whole-fartedly with HardCore here, Butters has become a monster, he swallowed so many other charactars roles. While many of my favourite moments are Butters related ones (he's one of my favourite main boys and if he isn't a main boy after all his charactar development/ 6 major parts per season then what makes Stan and Kyle who get about as many roles than Butters!) he's where Cartman was a few seasons ago, hogging about 70% of the screentime.

The show would be far better with more charactars getting more development, far less predictable. And they owe it to Clyde whats-his-name now they've givven him loads of major roles/attempted to resurect him to make a coherent personality for him (Seemed like a crybabby until The List where he's suddenly a pimp!).

Polymorph wrote:This makes it impossible for him to fade into the abyss like poor Pip seem to have
He practically has fallen into the abys; what was his lasy major role, about five seasons back in the Tery Sachavo parody, where he was plot device #1 but just a plot device (unlike his parents).
Kenny would be good catalyst for varity, yeah. He's died in terms of main roles, as far as Pip has, unless Matt and Trey REALLY work to resurect the secondry kids (Which Kenny has become, as Butters kills him, Tweek, Pip, and until the list, Wendy off to steal their roles)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests