South Park and the 712nd episode All About Mormons

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

shirker

South Park and the 712nd episode All About Mormons

Postby shirker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:10 am

Hello all guys, or to be more precise, hey the South Park gang... since I am comming from Slovenia, I am curious: what's the "story behind" (of course, if there's any at all) the Slovenian flag that is dangling off of the room's door when that girl closes them namely in the "All About Mormons" episode (shown only briefly, i.e. for a moment) !??

thanks in advance, shirker
I'm a 30 years old guy from Slovenia, and I simply must mention that me and my two friends were totally similar to SP-gang in cruel imagination; especially in making morbid stories about ourselves, our parents, teachers etc.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:43 am

"Hooked On Monkey Fonics" - It's a reference to Rebecca Sealfon, the girl of Slovenian heritage who won the US Spelling Bee almost 10 years ago. The character Kyle falls in love with is named Rebecca, another reference to Sealfon.

Dunno what it's doing in the Mormon girl's room.
Last edited by Big-Will on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:44 am

Isn't there a page on your site about that, Will? :? I think I remember reading something about it on the SP Scriptorium once.
shirker

Postby shirker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:08 am

Big-Will wrote:"Hooked On Monkey Fonics"

Oh yes of course ...

Big-Will wrote:It's a reference to Rebecca Sealfon, the girl of Slovenian heritage who won the US Spelling Bee almost 10 years ago. The character Kyle falls in love with is named Rebecca, another reference to Sealfon.

Thanks much.

cheers, shirker
I'm a 30 years old guy from Slovenia, and I simply must mention that me and my two friends were totally similar to SP-gang in cruel imagination; especially in making morbid stories about ourselves, our parents, teachers etc.

Return to “Q&A”