Hardly Boys??

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Ledocmd@comcast.net

Hardly Boys??

Postby Ledocmd@comcast.net » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:07 pm

What the hell is up with these Hardly Boys in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce"? Yeah, I can vaguely remember the lame old "Hardy Boys" books and TV show, but I don't really get Matt's and Trey's point with the Hardly Boys. Somebody may just need to hit me over the head with this, but I'm not understanding who they're making fun of with the Hardly Boys' flamingly gay behavior, oddly-shaped mouths, and inability to think about anything except erections.

Any ideas?
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:13 pm

They wanted the episode to be set up as a mystery,where you find out the truth at the end. So they needed to put "mystery solvers" into the story. And the Hardy boys were the only ones they could think of.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:48 pm

Only they really didn't solve anything. All they did was get raging clues, which got old so fast moldy bread got jealous.

But yeah, if anyone remembers the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, you got it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:50 pm

they were pretty funny at the end where one of them said

"i was about to shoot clue goo all over joe"

it was funny at first but the second time they did that it wasnt
ReK0

Postby ReK0 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:34 am

got old fast?

your hanging out on the wrong site my friend. i dont see how that isnt funny lol. raging clues all the way hahaha
Mannbearpig

Postby Mannbearpig » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 am

OMG that was hilarious !!!!!! I thought that since they did it 3 times it just got more and more funny. They are like - o no not the hardly boys again and it goes into that hardly boys intro then they talk about getting clues. I really like how I was thinking that they were just gonna go and say that they are getting clues in a homosexual fashion leaving it up to the viewers mind for them to think what getting a clue was without saying anything that would say "hey were are the insest boys" but then one of them says that "clue-goo on his face line" and i burst out laughing.
It is a creature that roams the earth alone. It is half man, half bear, and half pig. Some people say that Manbearpig isn't real. Well I'm here to tell you now that Manbearpig is very well and most certainly exists. I'm cereal.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:10 pm

ReK0 wrote:got old fast?

your hanging out on the wrong site my friend. i dont see how that isnt funny lol. raging clues all the way hahaha

You're probably right. My sense of humor is more sophisticated than yours apparently. "Raging clues" was only funny the first time.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
poups

Postby poups » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:15 pm

Majority of the time i didn't find the hardly boys funny (talking about thier clues). But the few jokes they were needed for worked well. Like Mr. Mackey saying "Not the god damn...." and the 'It was huuuuuge" joke hade me laughing pretty hard.
escs

Postby escs » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:43 am

Sometimes a funny bit, is just a funny bit.
astunkard

Postby astunkard » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:51 am

[quote="fattass12"]they were pretty funny at the end where one of them said

"i was about to shoot clue goo all over joe"

it was funny at first but the second time they did that it wasnt[/quote]

ya the clue goo comment made a nice funny touch
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:14 am

In the late 60s, there was a Hardy Boys cartoon where they are rock and roll singers who solve mysteries. They should have had them sing some lame song.

Return to “Q&A”