really kenney in "mr.jefferson" ?

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Born_To_Kill

really kenney in "mr.jefferson" ?

Postby Born_To_Kill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:58 pm

was that really THE kenney they snuck in to replace blanket? if so why did they so subtitle finally show his appearance?
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:16 pm

Yes. Yes, it was.

Born_To_Kill wrote:if so why did they so subtitle finally show his appearance?

But, what do you mean by that? Do you mean subtly? Because if you do, it was a joke on the fact that since Kenny stopped dying in EVERY episode, he doesn't actually do anything anymore. Hence Stan saying: "At least you finally get to do something." Or something along those lines.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Born_To_Kill

Postby Born_To_Kill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:38 pm

yes thats what i meant, but what you said still doesn't explain why he was revealed parka-less without treating it as a big deal
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:42 pm

Well, He already HAD his big "revelation"(at least too the viewers and not the boys) in the movie and most people already knew what he looked like by that episode. Besides, He can't exactly look like Blanket with that parka hood on can he?
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Well, personally, I won't know the true answer, since I didn't write the episode. However, my reply does answer your question.

It was just simply a role given to him because, 1.) the character was going to die and who else does it better? And 2.) because Kenny doesn't do much since he stopped dying.

It wasn't a big deal because Kenny has been shown parka-less twice before this episode was first broadcast and once more after it.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:14 pm

Also, it can't have been made a big deal. Whichever station is broadcasting it can't make it huge unless they're told in the press release to do so. It was a part of a plotline to be revealed later. For comic effect.

We've already said he's been seen parka-less before that episode, but also his friends aren't exactly gonna make a huge thing of Kenny without his jacket on, are they?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:13 am

"The Jeffersons" is not the first time Kenny has been shown without his parka, but it is the only time outside the movie that he actually speaks clearly.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:38 pm

Other moments include Tooth Fairy Tats(I can see Kennys little pingling! hahahahaa) and Little Crime Stoppers
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Big-Will wrote:"The Jeffersons" is not the first time Kenny has been shown without his parka, but it is the only time outside the movie that he actually speaks clearly.

But of course we're not supposed to be immediately aware that it's Kenny, because that's a part of the joke too.
MR_SHIFTY

Postby MR_SHIFTY » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:34 pm

Shiek927 wrote:Other moments include Tooth Fairy Tats(I can see Kennys little pingling! hahahahaa) and Little Crime Stoppers

you forgot "the loosing edge" :!:
Someday ill be old enuf to stick my di.. up brittneus cu..
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Nah, I already counted The Losing Edge in my two other instances. Along with Super Best Friends.
ihaveitchyballs

Postby ihaveitchyballs » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:33 pm

I didn't think it was the real Kenny at first but I got the fact that he hadn't done much for a while. I didn't really like having him do that. Its been covered that it didn't need to be a big deal.
The effects of a heroin overdose are lethal, yes in short term but there has been no research into the long term
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:44 am

It can get confusing to count the times Kenny has been unhooded or without his coat on. Sometimes he has worn a similar hood but in a different colour, for example his white outfit in the Fingerband sequence or his gay outfit, and other times he just wears the hood part, for example when they show him in a blue suit. Maybe we can instead count the instances where we can see his hair or his mouth.

Return to “Q&A”