Religion talked about when Kenny ACTUALLY died

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

gingermcl
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:50 am

Religion talked about when Kenny ACTUALLY died

Postby gingermcl » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:59 am

I have a co-worker that will not tell me what kind of religion he is. I believe it is Christian, but I am not sure. The only clue he will give me is that it was made fun of when Kenny actually died for real. I believe that was in the movie. Can anyone tell me what the religion(s) is and/or all Christian religions were talked about? I need to know ASAP. Please someone help.
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Postby BRMBug » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:18 am

I think that episode may be 513: "Kenny Dies". But I don't remember anyone mentioning any religion in that one. I'd watch it myself, but I don't have it right now.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18880
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:00 am

Christianity. Catholicism, to be exact (the town's priest ends up getting the Vatican involved in the eps he appears in, but this isn't one of them), but no religion was made fun of. God himself is made fun of, by Chef:

Stan: Why would God let Kenny die, Chef? Why? Kenny's my fr-f-f-friend. Why can't God take someone else's f-f-friend?
Chef: Stan, sometimes God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God, Stan. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand.
Stan: But then, why does God give us anything to start with?
Chef: Well, look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.
Stan: I thnk I understand.

I think any religious person might be offended by that, not just a Christian.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6136
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Big-Will wrote:I think any religious person might be offended by that, not just a Christian.


Any religious person with no sense of humor, that is.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
Unhooded Kenny
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:14 am

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:02 am

Actually died? He actually died about 75 times. Better wording would be, when Kenny supposedly died for good.
Efilnikufesin
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 am

Postby Efilnikufesin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:33 am

Big-Will wrote:Christianity. Catholicism, to be exact (the town's priest ends up getting the Vatican involved in the eps he appears in, but this isn't one of them), but no religion was made fun of. God himself is made fun of, by Chef:

Stan: Why would God let Kenny die, Chef? Why? Kenny's my fr-f-f-friend. Why can't God take someone else's f-f-friend?
Chef: Stan, sometimes God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God, Stan. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand.
Stan: But then, why does God give us anything to start with?
Chef: Well, look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.
Stan: I thnk I understand.

I think any religious person might be offended by that, not just a Christian.


Very well put!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Big-Will wrote:I think any religious person might be offended by that, not just a Christian.


Any religious person with no sense of humor, that is.


That is true. To be offended by it, you have to not have the ability to seperate satire from nonsatire. And, yes you do see the tendency to take humor like that literally in people of all religions, including my own. However, I didn't really laugh at it..Not that I was offended, I just never really liked that episode cause it was so sad and depressing.
Image
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:59 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Big-Will wrote:I think any religious person might be offended by that, not just a Christian.


Any religious person with no sense of humor, that is.


That is true. To be offended by it, you have to not have the ability to seperate satire from nonsatire. And, yes you do see the tendency to take humor like that literally in people of all religions, including my own. However, I didn't really laugh at it..Not that I was offended, I just never really liked that episode cause it was so sad and depressing.


:oops: Truth be told, I was close to crying.

But I still laughed at that part. :P
Sublimation
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am

Postby Sublimation » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:44 am

gingermcl , ur coworker said that the religion was made fun of when kenny died for real ?

maybe he means that when kenny dies in the movie , and goes to heaven , u see all those chicks and boobs up in heaven , so maybe he's referring to that

m not a religious person , so I really can't differenciate which religion believes in heaven and hell , it's prolly christianity , so basically , I THINK that ur friend's religion is christian
Image

Return to “Q&A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests