FAQ Answer From Aug 2011

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

tyl3r_j0n3s

FAQ Answer From Aug 2011

Postby tyl3r_j0n3s » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 am

Hey! This was originally meant for the FAQ guy, but anyway I was reading an earlier post while watching some older episodes. I don't have a question, but I have an addition to one of the FAQs... :assface:

Posted on: August 26, 2011

Their Question:

Will South Park ever make fun of itself?

Will there be an episode of South Park were they "make fun of" South Park? haha That would be funny if they were ripping on themselves.

FAQguy's Answer

Terrance and Phillip actually DID take a little stab at South Park, all the way back in the Season 2 opener "Not Without My Anus". They can be seen briefly watching a bit of "Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut" and commenting on how lame American TV is. It's pretty cool. You can check it out here...

My addition

In the episode Butt-Out (Season 7), Kyle inadvertantly makes fun of South Park too! Right before Cartman shoots the tobacco-incriminating cancer commercial... Kyle mentions not wanting to continue with Rob Reiner's plans because it will just end with the townspeople going crazy and having to say "we learned something today". Cartman interjects with his "Serbian Jew Double-Bluff" comment (LMAO!!!) and the show continues. Sure enough, the boys try to stop Reiner from killing Cartman. Kyle has to tell everyone "I learned something today..." and makes a side comment to Stan like: "I told you dude..." haha!

Just another instance of South Park making fun of South Park (for anyone keeping track)... :gaykenny:

I guess you could technically add the time during the episode Quest for Ratings where, in the news room, they are having a hard time coming up with ideas for a show. Cartman suggests Crab People as an ending. It kinda counts because it has actually happened when the staff reaches a dead end while working on the show (according to the DVD commentary). Someone (I forget who) suggested Crab People when the South Park staff was having trouble coming up with ideas. hahah! :zombiekenny:

Hope you remember these things as hilariously as I do! :unhoodedkenny:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: FAQ Answer From Aug 2011

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:01 pm

You can't forget Cartoon Wars 1 and 2, when the boys arguing over Muhammad appearing on Family Guy was actually the SP crew arguing about Muhammad appearing on South Park.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Lounge Fly

Postby Lounge Fly » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:13 am

Also from Cartoon Wars at the part in the beginning when someone asks who would broadcast an image of Muhammad. Randy answers "Who do you think?! The cartoon that's always pushing buttons with their careless toilet humor!"

The comedic pause makes you think South Park, but as we all know, it's Family Guy.
trefflia

Postby trefflia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Ok, so let me get this straight. The super best friends episode has been pulled from the shows rotation on Comedy central, and on the web site, because it shows Muhammad. However, in the opening of the show, ALL the super best friends fly out from behind the city hall building, including Muhammad. So my question is, why can they pull an entire episode, but leave the cause of the episodes be pulled in the opening title? BRING BACK THE SUPER BEST FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:10 am

ALL the super best friends fly out from behind the city hall building?

I don't see that on the online versions. Not even in the old episodes.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:31 am

And on the Comedy Central Opening, I only see Jesus of the Super Best Friends by the South Park Sign, above Towelie and next to Kenny.

The only "super hero" shown flying is Mint Berry Crunch. At least that's what I see. Anyone else see it differently?

Right-Click to see the entire image:

trefflia

Postby trefflia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 am

I was watching south park on comedy central. The opening is the one that has a sound of a "cha ching" after the first few beats of the song right before the words start playing. I think it was a season 7 episode, can't recall at this time. The openings dont play on here, so you might have to see it on tv. The part in the song where the SBF pop up is when cartman has his line of ample parking, the back ground should have Primus singing and a shot of the city hall building. It is from behind that the SBFs fly out.
mckorigins

Postby mckorigins » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 am

First of all, I'm with ya. But I liked the movie's Devil's Advocate ( I get sh*t for it all the time but hey, I love Keanu)

So keeping the movie in mind (remember a film is fiction but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist).

I was drinking with Syrah and I discuss this issue a lot. I just feel that the creators of S.P. are holier than thou because well, everything they did, how they did, proved that it was possible to break the chains of normalcy and attain greatness on YOUR merit, not by the example of someone elses. That being said...

I was lucky to have the episode on DVD (bought it five years ago when WM was having a sale) so i showed it to a friend and it started a heated, but polite, debate.

I feel my response is too long now, so I'm gonna check in later. I guess I just needed to get this out for now ha ha... be back in a few.
"Never, never, never quit."-W. Churchhill

Return to “Q&A”