Multiple DVD releases?

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Marc_Deon

Multiple DVD releases?

Postby Marc_Deon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:47 pm

After years of torture from commercial sponsors here when streaming full episodes, I finally bit it and bought the first 8 seasons on DVD - full artwork. Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 was the last straw and in thinking back, for a time, it seemed the SPS advertisements would have at least some shred of coolness and/ or humor. Ain't nothing cool about James Van Der Beek returning to prime time - he looks like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh..

but, I digress...

What's up with these newer, cheaper, generic looking DVD issues that I've passed on? Is it same content/ trimmed packaging or do I actually have some bonus goodies coming my way with the full packaging? Or, since I physically haven't seen either, is this generic cover just web artwork for say.... digital downloads... that has been wrongfully placed as representation for physical releases.

Many thanks in advance,
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Multiple DVD releases?

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Only the new releases get the cool covers now. After those covers are gone, they switch to the generic ones. The content doesn't change any.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Marc_Deon

Re: Multiple DVD releases?

Postby Marc_Deon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 am

Thanks Big-Will. Between Amazon and SPRAWL * MART, it Looks like I scored all cool covers but was just curious as many of the generic ones were a few dollars less. This show, like MJ, will forever rule and it's funnier to me now than it was over a decade ago. It's obvious the creators are a bit stretched at the moment but I'll be sticking around until the very end. Now I'm just hoping this PS3 game exceeds all's expectations. It can't be an easy task with so much genius material to choose from but I'll most likely be purchasing a PS3 just for that game. Lemmiwinks, Woodland Critters, heh... even the alien that takes form of an ice cream crapping taco... Mr. & Mrs. Hankey and the nuggets, Satan, Jesus, Towelie - I hope they are all there. Fingers crossed especially for Veronica Crabtree's return in "The Game." I swear every school bus driver I had was her and just the sight of her makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Return to “Q&A”