Censorship

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Monion5811

Censorship

Postby Monion5811 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I've been following SP since season one. Today I was watching some re-runs on comedy central and the episode "Cancelled" aired. I noticed that this episode, among others, is butchered horribly. I cant help but ask: When was the shift made to where SP and CC as a whole were just 100% compliant with the FCC and all that?

I miss the old days. The original SP is where it's at. Keep on Matt and Trey, there's a reason why the people who have been tuning in since the beginning since season 1 keep tuning in. Don't lose that edge.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Censorship

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:48 pm

As far as I know, it depends on the time of day. Before 10 pm, the show can be censored however CC wants. After 10 pm, the show should air as intended. If this is no longer the case, do complain about it through the little feedback tab on the right side of the screen.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Monion5811

Postby Monion5811 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 am

Thank's for the heads up Big-Will! I will be sure to pay attention in the future.
Guilder

Postby Guilder » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Big-Will wrote:As far as I know, it depends on the time of day. Before 10 pm, the show can be censored however CC wants. After 10 pm, the show should air as intended. (...)
What time zone are we speaking of?
And a second question, if I may: does this censorship concern only language, or things like the big black box with "censored" on it on Muhammad as well?
The less you know, the happier you are.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:15 am

Guilder wrote:
Big-Will wrote:As far as I know, it depends on the time of day. Before 10 pm, the show can be censored however CC wants. After 10 pm, the show should air as intended. (...)
What time zone are we speaking of?
And a second question, if I may: does this censorship concern only language, or things like the big black box with "censored" on it on Muhammad as well?
10 pm local time, so time zone doesn't matter.

If you have to ask what's censored, you haven't seen the syndicated version, and you don't need to worry about it. But just so you know, you sometimes get a screen telling you what's going on instead of actually showing you.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Guilder

Postby Guilder » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:31 am

Big-Will wrote:10 pm local time, so time zone doesn't matter.

If you have to ask what's censored, you haven't seen the syndicated version, and you don't need to worry about it. But just so you know, you sometimes get a screen telling you what's going on instead of actually showing you.
Oh, so it's same thing as it was in the "Stick of truth" game. It's cool, cause you know when you're missing something.
And, what is even better, I haven't experienced censorship so far. :wink:
Thank you for clearing things up!
The less you know, the happier you are.
buildorelese21

Postby buildorelese21 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 pm

I think its just comedy central.
They censor everything

Return to “Q&A”