1001 was GREAT! Clever as HELL...

Discuss rumors and ideas here!
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 am

plockton wrote:It was both a love letter to Isaac Hayes and a jab at those who control him -- without ever mentioning them by name. It was a way to say goodbye to Chef and a way to keep him around.

Credit to Matt and Trey for sticking to the clever route rather than taking the easy and obvious one.

An absolutely perfect review. Well said.
Mirkwoods

Postby Mirkwoods » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:05 am

Xenu shall destroy all of you for this! Teegeeack will fall before the SAC! :twisted:

LOL, I'm just kidding. Great episode.

I've been reading up on Scientology because of Matt and Trey's vendetta, and all I can say is; They (the scientologists) have got to be joking... aren't they? My God!

Adios Chef... hope that your true brain is making love down by the fire with some fine honey! Fight it, Issac.
badcandy

Postby badcandy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:14 am

Having watched tonight, despite all the Chef send offs by Comedy Central (who better recognize who started/kept their network going, particularly after the Dave Chappalle debacle - hey, Matt and Trey, sounds like payday to me!), I must say, Matt and Trey are some pissed off dudes - with a right to be.

I had to watch it twice to get all the references, the obvious patching of Chef's voice, making him a pedophile (as was claimed of L. Ron), the kids begging him to leave his "fruity" club for good, him naysaying and dying but good

.... except Chef Vadar, who would naturally have a different voice .... except he's still a pedophile.

Takes awhile to wrap your head around all those concepts .... but they is PISSED!
badcandy

Postby badcandy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:26 am

And, yes, Scientologists believe every bit of the nonsense shown on the Trapped in the Closet episode - that and more .... BUT you are not allowed to know the supersecret stuff about UFOs and healing folks until you have paid your $200,000 in auditing sessions in which you confess every mortal sin, thereby if you ever try to leave, it will be used to coerce you back to the "fold".

Nice "religion" (cult tax dodge), huh? Makes me feel empowered and all warm and fuzzy just typing it out .... check out an A&E special on Scientology, 2 hrs., within the last 10 years. Every last one of those guys had the same scary look on their faces as Tom Cruise .... I wonder if they spray it on after you have paid your 200,000th dollar? Yechhh!
Mirkwoods

Postby Mirkwoods » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:33 am

Here is an interesting site for all of you whom are wondering about Scientology:

Scientology Lies website!

http://www.scientology-lies.com/
culthero

Postby culthero » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:35 am

Hello.

Long time fan, first time poster.

I've been hestitant in posting and getting involved in the discussion of recent events during the last week. I'm breaking my silence.

All I can say is...

Best. Episode. Ever.
Coloradokicksass

Postby Coloradokicksass » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 am

What I say.... I called that sh*t! Remeber that! You piss Tom Cruise off he doesn't let you play an episode, you piss off Trey and Matt you get a whole episode and called a pedophile and get impailed and your face get torn off. Yep defiled and kill and told you're a puppet this is why I would not piss these two off.

Go Broncos!
BruceIt

IT'S BAAACCK!

Postby BruceIt » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:53 am

I think session 10 will be the best, if all the shows this session stay that great! I love how Matt and Trey pulled off tonights show. It was the only way to go and they did it past my expectations; way past!

Great job Matt and Trey!!!
South Park, just only kicks the crap out of all shows on TV, along side with Conan O' Brien and Dave Chappelle!!!
Tedakin

Postby Tedakin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:37 am

When they horribly killed Chef I was a little bit peeved. I thought killing such a nice and lovable character like that, in such a terrible way, crossed the line a bit...

Then when he was resurrected as Darth Chef I wanted to stand up and cheer. Trey and Matt..... brilliant, just brilliant.
lamikins

Postby lamikins » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:28 am

Unfudgin' real! :chaos:
yeah, i want cheesy poofs

cleeck
subhumandude

Postby subhumandude » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:57 pm

Just in case you guys don't know, there's a Spoilers/New Episode Discussion section of this forum where every week a thread is made for discussing the new episode. That way, people don't keep making up loads of threads for each episode :wink:
-Stick Your Head In The Microwave And Get Yourself A Tan!- 'Weird Al' Yankovic

-Let's Build A Snowman! We Can Make Him Our Best Friend!
.Stoch

1001, most amazing episode, ever.

Postby .Stoch » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:46 pm

I cried. Honest to god I cried right infront of my girlfriend during Kyle's speech. Guys, Chef isn't a bad guy, Issac isn't a bad guy either. Remember all the good times, remember the good not the bad. Please, I hope I don't read one negitive thing about him, ever.

Awesome. Adventure Club = $ci-ology.
Amazing how they got around the Tom Cruise thing, purely amazing. I loved every minute of it.

THIS IS WHAT SUPER ADVENTURES REALLY BELIEVE!
haahahahahah I laughed my ass off!

And the Star Wars thing at the end, I was in tears, hahahahaha.

I loved it. I LOVED IT. top 10 for sure.
gtate2000

Wow!

Postby gtate2000 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:06 pm

I agree somewhat, Issac seems to more of a hypocrite than a bad guy. Matt put it best with his AP statement - "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin." In true South Park this episode poked fun of the issue....it was a riot! Bravo!

I have a feeling (welcomed feeling) there will be more Scientology / Tom Cruise related episodes.
fr. guido

Postby fr. guido » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:48 pm

i'll admit, i got a little misty eyed when stan looked at chef and said "we love you".

other than that, between what the "super adventure club" really believes, the "cut and paste audio" for chef's lines and the star wars ending, i was laughing so hard i convulsed!

i totally agree with what kyle said too. people can say whatever they like about south park, but it usually has something important to say, and this episode was no exception.
Jerome_Paris

Postby Jerome_Paris » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 pm

I'm no SP nerd, so I may be wrong but isn't the first episode ever that features Cartman crying TWICE, if ever??

My 2/1000000000000 cents...
Last edited by Jerome_Paris on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Episode Speculation”